FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SagatagSam and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 08, 2018, 06:30:50 PM
Damn.  That loss last week all that much more painful.  Next year Johnnies.  Next year.

This year is over.  I'm pretty sure most are looking forward to next year.
[  

DuffMan

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on December 09, 2018, 12:27:34 AM
My friends from SJU.  Don't be that guy.  "Well by golly we gave them a better game so odds are WE are #2!"

Agreed.  We can internalize the speculation.  Congrats to the Cru and the Raiders.  It should be a great game!

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 09, 2018, 12:57:00 AM
Damn.  That loss last week all that much more painful.  Next year Johnnies.  Next year.

This year is over. I'm pretty sure most are looking forward to good beer.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

MUC57

Quote from: 57Johnnie on December 10, 2018, 09:17:27 AM

The other 57
:o
While you're having your beer, maybe, just maybe, you could give a little shout out to The Raiders of Mount Union. We're going to need all the help we can get. UMHB is damn tough. Thank you in advance for your possible support! Go Johnnies in 2019. Go Raiders in 2018!  :o
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

57Johnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on December 10, 2018, 09:39:17 AM
Quote from: 57Johnnie on December 10, 2018, 09:17:27 AM

The other 57
:o
While you're having your beer, maybe, just maybe, you could give a little shout out to The Raiders of Mount Union. We're going to need all the help we can get. UMHB is damn tough. Thank you in advance for your possible support! Go Johnnies in 2019. Go Raiders in 2018!  :o
I'm confused. I live in Colorado and the Raiders and Broncos are mortal enemies and I'm a Johnnie  and the purple tommies are our mortal enemies.
Go Raiders anyway.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

repete

Quote from: DuffMan on December 10, 2018, 08:44:11 AM
Quote from: skunks_sidekick on December 09, 2018, 12:27:34 AM
My friends from SJU.  Don't be that guy.  "Well by golly we gave them a better game so odds are WE are #2!"

Agreed.  We can internalize the speculation.  Congrats to the Cru and the Raiders.  It should be a great game!

Yup ... but Mount needs to clean up its game a bit. Hopkins was very solid, but Mount was pretty sloppy. You get a lot of second chances against Otterbein .... not so  UMHB.

MUC57

repete

You nailed it. Mount knows what they're up against. Question is - can they do anything about it?  ???

MUC57

57Johnnie

I understand what you said. Of course, (see signature below) .........! But thanks, I think.  ;D

We are the OTHER Raiders and the OTHER purple team. Hope that helps! Go Johnnies!

jamtod

Went with a buddy to drop another friend's daughter back off at St Ben's last night and decided to take a 10 minute detour through the St John's campus. We stopped in front of the chapel to take a quick peak in there, as the various times I've been on campus for football, I never really explored anything else. While my friend was in there, I saw a guy walk by the chapel with an ice auger - possibly the most stereotypical St John's thing ever. Anyway, beautiful campus. Just a shame about all the terrible people that go/went there.

Also got Portillo's in Maple Grove on the way back (I saved a few $$s and got the kids McDonald's first). It was pretty good, although next time I'm not going to bother trying to order something I can eat in the car/while driving.

SagatagSam

Quote from: jamtoTommie on December 10, 2018, 12:34:42 PM
Went with a buddy to drop another friend's daughter back off at St Ben's last night and decided to take a 10 minute detour through the St John's campus. We stopped in front of the chapel to take a quick peak in there, as the various times I've been on campus for football, I never really explored anything else. While my friend was in there, I saw a guy walk by the chapel with an ice auger - possibly the most stereotypical St John's thing ever. Anyway, beautiful campus. Just a shame about all the terrible people that go/went there.

Also got Portillo's in Maple Grove on the way back (I saved a few $$s and got the kids McDonald's first). It was pretty good, although next time I'm not going to bother trying to order something I can eat in the car/while driving.

Augers are a pretty common thing on campus.  I hope they still come back for games even after Tommy graduates. ;)
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

SagatagSam

But, jamto, in all seriousness, I hope it was a hand auger.  Can't go ice fishing on campus with a motorized auger--es ist verboten.  You might be able to get away with an electric one.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

jamtod

Quote from: SagatagSam on December 10, 2018, 01:11:09 PM
But, jamto, in all seriousness, I hope it was a hand auger.  Can't go ice fishing on campus with a motorized auger--es ist verboten.  You might be able to get away with an electric one.

It wasn't motorized, I know that much. I only caught a quick glimpse of it but I imagine it was a hang auger.

I also contemplated making an Auger/Oh-zhay reference but figured y'all would be better at it than myself. Is Tommy a senior?

art76

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

wm4

Reason #47 why I enjoy this board.....football is over for all things MIAC, and now we're talkin' augers.