BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinman

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 12, 2011, 07:18:52 PM
Quote from: Tinman on March 12, 2011, 01:59:03 PM
Mount has taken it on the chin in Florida, going 2-5 so far (they play 2 today) including blowing a 13-4 lead in the 7th and losing 16-14  they are trying a freshman experiment......

2 more losses to finish 2-7.  5-4 and 7-4.  The sad thing is that second game was the most they lost by all trip.  Hopefully those youngsters mature and they can win some of these close games otherwise it may be a looong season. 

In other news, Ferrell still rakes. 

Tinman

no they dropped a 7-0 during the week also, they have some very talented freshmen, but this has been the least spring wins by the team in 4 years

mideastfan2

Marietta finished strong on their Spring Trip with a doubleheader sweep up Central Region powerhouse Carthage.

The Etta Express retunrs north with a 10-1 record, and an even more impressive team ERA under One!!  This could be a team poised to make some noise not only in the OAC, but also a deep tournament run when late May rolls around.

old scot

It is to bad we will have to wait a month to see the Pios and Student Princes battle. It seems like the OAC will be a two horse race.

They could be two of the best teams in the country but, only one will make it out of the Mid East region.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Tinman on March 12, 2011, 11:09:37 PM
no they dropped a 7-0 during the week also, they have some very talented freshmen, but this has been the least spring wins by the team in 4 years

Oops...I blew right past that 7-0 game.  My fault on that!

They're starting freshmen all over the place.  SS, C, OF, 1B, starting pitchers.  Hopefully it pays off down the road, but this could be a down year for wins.

What's going on with Kyle Von Duyke and Jake DeLuca?  I thought they'd at least get some AB's down south.  Von Duyke seemed like their best option at DH last season and I know they were high on DeLuca. 

Dr. Acula

Quote from: mideastfan2 on March 13, 2011, 08:23:00 AM
Marietta finished strong on their Spring Trip with a doubleheader sweep up Central Region powerhouse Carthage.

The Etta Express retunrs north with a 10-1 record, and an even more impressive team ERA under One!!  This could be a team poised to make some noise not only in the OAC, but also a deep tournament run when late May rolls around.

Etta/Berg is going to be epic.  I wish we could make that a best of 7 series or something!  Who wouldn't want to watch that?

Gramps

THE BERG extended it's win streak to 8 with a 5-2 victory over Montclair State and a 15-5 win over Utica.
Game #1
Highlights:
B Koehl 7 Inn 5 Hits 2 Runs 6 SO - Win # 2
A Lowe 2 Inn 0 Hits 0 Runs 2 SO Save # 3
Hitting:
W Brechun 4-5, 1 Run; J Lash 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run;
and 1 Hit each - A Monroe, G Keen, D Andrzejczak,
Z Colatruglio, A Buelow, J Martin
Extra Bases: Dbl Ea. A Monroe, J Lash

Game # 2
Highlights: Inn H R SO
T Fruhwirth 5 6 4 4 Win # 1
R Pruitt 1 1 0 1
D Brannum 1 0 0 0
B Stucky .1 0 0 0
M Jones .2 0 0 0
T Lowe 1 2 1 1
Hitting: RBI R
R Lizcano 4-4 1 1
J Lash3-4 3 2
A Monroe 3-4 3 1
Z Colatruglio 2-3 1
G Keen 2-5 3 2
1 Hit Ea. A Zinczak, W Brechun, D Andrzejczak, A Buelow
Extra Bases:

1 DBL R Lizcano, G Keen
2 DBLs A Monroe, J Lash

Gramps

The number of BERG wins has risen to a "High Water Mark" of 10 with a win over SUNY Plattsburgh by a 4-0 score.
AWESOME! Their most wins after a spring break.

The shutout is courtesy of "Sly" Nino (7 Inn, 4 Hits,, 0 Runs, 8 SO - WIN # 2) and Zach O'Driscoll (2 Inn, 1 Hit, 0 Run, 1 SO - SAVE # 1)

Top Hitters: W Brechun 2-3, 1 RBI; R Lizcano 2-4, 2 RBI; A Buelow 2-2, 2 RBI; and hits by A Monroe, G Keen, & Z Colatruglio.

Extra Bases: DBLs by R Lizcano & G Keen.

Gramps

Congratulations to THE BERG's 2nd baseman Gar Keen on being named the OAC "Hitter of the Week".  Gar has been hitting lights out down in Florida and is very deserving of the award.

GO BERG!!!!

Bishopleftiesdad

Glad to hear it Gramps, I hope to catch a game when The Student Princes are in Central Ohio.

Gramps

Quote from: ManoCooper on March 17, 2011, 08:56:49 AM
Glad to hear it Gramps, I hope to catch a game when The Student Princes are in Central Ohio.

ManoCooper, welcome to the boards. Be glad to have you and your son at one of our games. Stop by and say hello and we'll talk some baseball.

GO BERG!!!!

Bishopleftiesdad

Hoping to work it out. Depends on his baseball schedule and rain outs.

Tinman

Mount Drops one to Walsh 7-4 they score three in the final innings but the comeback falls short.  worst start in years 2-8

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Tinman on March 17, 2011, 10:28:16 PM
Mount Drops one to Walsh 7-4 they score three in the final innings but the comeback falls short.  worst start in years 2-8

The discouraging thing is that their M.O. has been to start off hot and then crash toward the end of the season.  I'm afraid to think what's possible when they come out of the gate at 2-8.  The only good news appears to be that after the big 2 the OAC appears to be down a little this year.  I just don't know if it's down enough to keep them out of the bottom 3.  There isn't a single team in the conference that I feel like MUC SHOULD sweep.  Not saying they can't or won't, but should.

fundamentalswin2

I haven't been on in awhile but I have seen the start (not in person but online) and the only way I can see a positive in a 2-8 start is that they finally started over.  It is clear they are playing a bunch of freshman but they may also be the best player at that position right now.  Maybe it is a build towards the future and instead of being around .500 year after year after year but we wont know that until down the road.  However, given the consistency of mediocrity in the past perhaps Mr. Kerhres will no longer be so patient with Hesse given that programs such as Women's BBall, VBall and Track & Field have also had postseason success.

Who know's... just some thoughts

Hopefully my work schedule will allow me to get to some games this season