BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Tinman on May 13, 2011, 08:16:53 PM
I was there Doc, they really seemed to fold when JCU put a 3 spot in the 4th and seemed pretty down the rest of the way.  The youthful team will learn it is never over and will figure out how to play through when things get tough.  Some pretty stand up seniors had their last game. 

I guess the only thing I don't like is that it was the 4th inning of a 9 inning game.  I don't care if you're playing 9 freshmen you shouldn't be hanging your heads down 4 with half the game to go.  Especially when they know they can score.  Oh well, they'll learn from it hopefully.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: EttaFan1 on May 14, 2011, 05:18:20 PM
Some things really stood out at this tournament.

1.  Mount union and John Carroll are no where close to what 'berg and marietta are. The difference in pitching staffs and overall offense and defense is night and day right now.

2.  Both 'berg and mc play very good defense most of the time. The first baseman for 'berg is outstanding on d.  He made some plays today that were very impressive. Mc's shortstop (Saunders) is as good as you will see anywhere in d3.   Marietta's thirdbaseman who hadn't played a whole lot this season came up with some stellar plays. Gar keen, berg's 2b is stellar. Lizcano is also very good defensively.

3.  Andy Lowe is an amazing pitcher. As Mideast fan says he may have been used a bit too much. However when you are fighting for your life and have to win to continue, you go with the best you have. That's what coach palm did and I think the pios were ready for him.

4.  The better team won the tournament. The pio pitching staff is ridiculously good.  In four games against each other the scores were 12-0, 6-8, 4-0, and 7-3 marietta winning three. In those three wins 'berg never really threatened to do anything significant.

5.  Both of these teams will be in the NCAA tourney. Find me 13 other pool c teams better than berg. They are legit.

It was great to see the pios win the league and the tourney. Hopefully the can keep rolling through the regional and into Appleton. 

I think anyone who followed the OAC this year expected that.  The conference was very down after the top two.  Neither JCU nor MUC was significantly better than any team below them.  The overall parity in the conference is improving.  Now we just have to hope that the other 8 can all get better overall to close the gap a little.  It'll be interesting to see who gets the ONU job.  That could be a great D3 job for someone.

Gramps

Congratulation to the Marietta Pioneers on winning the OAC Tournament. They have proven themselves to be the best of the OAC. Awesome pitching.

Kenworth

Gramps thanks for the congrats.  Heidelberg will be playing this week as well.  It seems like your Seniors have been there forever, a fine group of talented players.  I also want to congratulate you on being a fine representative of the Heid Baseball team.  Always nothing but positive posting from you.  It was also a great site to see BOTH sides of the stands congratulating both teams and individuals recognized at the conclusion of the final game. Two fierce competitive teams end up as sportsman after the last pitch.  Good luck to you and your grandson. 

Gramps

Congratulations to all of the ALL-OAC 2011 TEAM AWARDEES, but especially the following BERG players:
1ST TEAM: R LIZCANO, W BRECHUN, J LASH, A LOWE, & N JAMES
2ND TEAM: A MONROE, D ANDRZEJCZAK, G KEEN, S NINO, E HOLT
HONORABLE MENTION: A BUELOW & B KOEHL

Also, this has been Jason Lash's fourth 1st Team ALL-OAC selection. What an honor, and what a career. SUPER!!!!

Gramps

Quote from: Kenworth on May 15, 2011, 04:55:56 PM
Gramps thanks for the congrats.  Heidelberg will be playing this week as well.  It seems like your Seniors have been there forever, a fine group of talented players.  I also want to congratulate you on being a fine representative of the Heid Baseball team.  Always nothing but positive posting from you.  It was also a great site to see BOTH sides of the stands congratulating both teams and individuals recognized at the conclusion of the final game. Two fierce competitive teams end up as sportsman after the last pitch.  Good luck to you and your grandson. 

Kenworth, thanks for the kind words. I just saw the posting of the Mid-East Reginal, and it looks like we'll be seeing each other again. Drop over and we'll talk some baseball.

EttaFan1

Quote from: Gramps on May 16, 2011, 08:48:06 AM
Also, this has been Jason Lash's forth 1st Team ALL-OAC selection. What an honor, and what a career. SUPER!!!!

This is amazing.  He is a special player.

Kudos also to

John Snyder, Player of the year
Brian Gasser Pitcher of the year

Tim Saunders (ss), Kirby Becker (2b), Austin Blaski (p), Mark Williams (p) being named to the first team.
Jordan Grilliot (of),Aaron Hopper (Of) and Kyle Linquist (p) being named to the second team.
And Casey Leavens being named honerable mention. 

Kenworth

Unsung HERO of Marietta Baseball team is Catcher Alex Toth.  This gentleman came from nowhere to fill maybe the most important position on the team.  He answered the question of who would or could take Danny Jones' position.  He has done a great job behind the plate and is very adequate at the plate for just a Sophomore.  Congrats on a great season!

Kenworth

Just a few FYI tidbits, of the eight fielding positions for Marietta, five have been occupied by Sophomores for most of the season.

Baseball Coach Toledo

I'm a high school coach from Toledo. Was able to watch Heidelburg play in their tournament, while I was watching a former player. First thing I noticed was their Infield/Outfield Routine to start the game. Very efficient, very different, but I loved it.

Anyone have any idea exactly what the routine is? Or maybe a place where I could find it online

Thanks,

Coach Mack

motorman

Quote from: Baseball Coach Toledo on May 17, 2011, 10:02:12 AM
I'm a high school coach from Toledo. Was able to watch Heidelburg play in their tournament, while I was watching a former player. First thing I noticed was their Infield/Outfield Routine to start the game. Very efficient, very different, but I loved it.

Anyone have any idea exactly what the routine is? Or maybe a place where I could find it online

Thanks,

Coach Mack
Coach,

I'm sure if you call or write to coach Palm he would be happy to share the warmup routine with you. My son is a freshman pitcher on the Berg squad and his high school did a very similar warmup routine. It keeps everybody moving and on their toes

Gramps

Today's game between Etta & THE BERG has been changed to 1:00 PM due to the rainout last night. Best of Luck to both teams.

GO BERG!!!!

Gramps

A tip of Gramp's hat to the following BERG players. AWESOME!!!!

2011 ALL MID-EAST REGION

1ST TEAM - JASON LASH, RICARDO LIZCANO, ANDY LOWE
2ND TEAM - NATHAN JAMES
3RD TEAM - GAR KEEN, WILLIE BRECHUN, ALEX MONROE, ETHAN HOLT

GOLDEN GLOVE NOMINEES - GAR KEEN, JASON LASH, JORDAN MARTIN

mideastfan2

CONGRATS to all the OAC members on the d3baseball.com All-American teams:

FIRST TEAM
OF John Snyder, Marietta
P Andy Lowe, Heidelberg
P Brian Gasser, Marietta (National Pitcher of the Year)

SECOND TEAM
P Mark Williams, Marietta

HON MENTION
OF Ricardo Lizcano, Heidelberg
P Austin Blaski, Marietta

EttaFan1

And the Pioneers named to the All Mideast Region team.

Player of the Year: John Snyder
Pitcher of the Year: Brian Gasser

Joinging them on the first team and the All American Ballot:
Tim Saunders (SS), Austin Blaski.

Second Team
Mark Williams

Third Team
Aaron Hopper