FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cave2bens

If Scots can get their collective assets together - DPU 20 - Woo 9  Ouch   8:49 left
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

wabco

Dannies up 27-9...  then Woo scores ... now 27 - 16  4 minutes

ExTartanPlayer

Plenty of fun stuff to talk about eventually, but for now I am most amused by the Kenyon storyline. I know most of us have been somewhat dismissive of the Lords to date, but do you guys really trust Wooster or Denison to beat them & assure your Pool A berth? Are we headed for a really awkward tie between Wabash, Witt, and Kenyon?
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

smedindy

I missed the last part of the game? What's the scenario NOW if it's a three way tie (Kenyon, Witt, Wabash) or a four way tie (Kenyon, OWU, Witt, Wabash)? It seemed like Wabash would make the "A" bid based on the old criteria, but did they change it?

bashbrother

UWW.....  last second FG blocked.... If they were not already eliminated from the playoffs with 2 losses,  they are now with 3...

The mighty Warhawks fall to UWWSP -  17 - 14..... Wow....  From National Champion to out of the playoffs, doesn't happen much in D3
Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

smedindy

Quote from: bashbrother on October 27, 2012, 04:57:34 PM

The mighty Warhawks fall to UWWSP -  17 - 14..... Wow....  From National Champion to out of the playoffs, doesn't happen much in D3

Of course, the recent data set hasn't been that robust!  ;)

bashbrother

Quote from: smedindy on October 27, 2012, 04:56:40 PM
I missed the last part of the game? What's the scenario NOW if it's a three way tie (Kenyon, Witt, Wabash) or a four way tie (Kenyon, OWU, Witt, Wabash)? It seemed like Wabash would make the "A" bid based on the old criteria, but did they change it?

I am sure there will be much more talk about this in the coming days/week.   Is it even possible that a 9-1, Top 10 ranked Wabash doesn't get "C" birth?   (Of course we have to win out and depending on whether the "A" is gone)

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

smedindy

Quote from: bashbrother on October 27, 2012, 05:02:33 PM
Quote from: smedindy on October 27, 2012, 04:56:40 PM

I am sure there will be much more talk about this in the coming days/week.   Is it even possible that a 9-1, Top 10 ranked Wabash doesn't get "C" birth?   (Of course we have to win out and depending on whether the "A" is gone)

It all depends on the regional rankings and the other criteria. The RRs come out Wednesday and that'll be a big tell.

bashbrother

Bring on the round robin..... this is a true mess....   Ironic in the last year of a bad scheduling deal, it shapes up like this.

Of course the Gheny game could have prevented some of it.....  although the Kenyon ridiculousness would still remain.

smedindy

If Wabash would have beaten Gheny none of this would have happened. Kenyon would be tied for second with OWU and Witt with one loss. Every game counts!

We can still blame Earlham for this...

cave2bens

Agreed that LGs screwed themselves with the 'Gheny loss, but instead of picking on the Div IV Richmond, IN contingent as richly warranted, let's look at a more conspiratorial route.  Did the Dannies throw in the towel last week in Greendingle, thinking Monon Classic win is not very probable?  At 0-3 in their new "milk toast" conference, maybe a better bet for "What did you do to beat Wabash today?" was to roll over for Kenyon?  LOL  Meeee-owwww - we got them Wallies good. ;D ;)

I stuck with the lethargic Bishop broadcasters until halftime before switching over to WNDY.  Even though the Wabash call was out of sync with the video, I wasn't being lulled to sleep.  Mr. Excitement, every time the LGs were in 2nd and 3rd an long, reiterated how "Wabosh" as a running team did not have passing attack capabilities to get out of those situations.  Did any listeners catch any reaction when the long range bombs started dropping?  Just curious.  ::)

The Bishops put on an impressive display with their front seven in the first half and the first series after intermission.  The two DEs, in particular played an excellent game and all kudos to OWU.  Far different team than those of recent past!
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

smedindy

http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2012/boxscores/20121027_cadk.xml

We thought Wabash and OWU would be a shootout. Welp...SOMEBODY TACKLE SOMEONE!

I don't think Allegheny could get 900 yards in four games, much less one.

wally_wabash

In the event of a Kenyon/Wabash/Witt 6-1 tie at the top...

Here are the tiebreaks again, as published in 2010:
1- H2H
2- Results vs. other NCAC opponents in descending order (I believe this has to be amongst common opponents)
3- Fewest conference away losses
4- Highest preseason power ranking
5- Team with the longest conference winning streak

1- H2H is inconclusive since Wabash and Witt did not play Kenyon
2- There is but one common opponent that provides clarity: Allegheny.  Witt and Kenyon beat Allegheny, Wabash did not.  Wabash is eliminated.  We go to a Witt/Kenyon tiebreak.

1- No H2H result.
2- Results against all other common opponents are equal.  We go on.
3- Wittenberg has zero conference away losses.  Kenyon has one (at OWU).  Witt wins the AQ. 

If the aim is to get as many NCAC teams in as possible, this is the best scenario (OWU finishing 9-1 would be even better) because Wabash looks good in Pool C right now.  Witt and OWU are getting help (thank you to Trinity for beating Millsaps), but the lack of wins against RROs will hurt.  Will have to see where they wind up with SOS as well...we know it won't be favorable against some strong 2-loss teams that are out there. 

And this isn't Earlham's fault anymore.  The league was using these wildly unbalanced schedules before Earlham left.  The last two years worth of scheduling with the non-league games against league teams was a byproduct of Earlham's sudden departure.  This year's schedule is built as it would have been before they left. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

smedindy

Quote from: cave2bens on October 27, 2012, 05:47:02 PM
Agreed that LGs screwed themselves with the 'Gheny loss, but instead of picking on the Div IV Richmond, IN contingent, let's look at a more conspiratorial route.  Did the Dannies throw in the towel last week in Greendingle, thinking Monon Classic win is not very probable?  At 0-3 in this "milk toast" conference, maybe our best bet for "What did you do to beat Wabash today?" was to roll over for Kenyon?  LOL  Meeee-owwww - we got 'em.  ;D ;)

Hah! Though seriously the New Tigers coulda shoulda beat Allegheny and they were wafer thin close to OWU. I think they just stink. BTW, Barnes was knocked out or yanked against DPU.

smedindy

Wally, I'm just blaming Earlham on principle.  ;)