Mid East Regional Rankings 2015

Started by Pops33, April 24, 2015, 10:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pops33

The rankings are out and listed below.  Looks like they used the records as of Sunday 4/19 even though they are dated 4/24.  So it does not take into account Wooster's decisive wins over John Carroll and Heidelberg this week, as well as Ohio Wesleyan's win over Marietta yesterday, or any other action so far this week.

MIDEAST REGION                                    
1   Heidelberg            24-6-0 ( 0.800)       24-6-0 ( 0.800)                           
2   Baldwin Wallace    21-7-0 ( 0.750)   21-7-0 ( 0.750)                           
3   Adrian                    24-7-0 ( 0.774)   24-7-0 ( 0.774)                           
4   Ohio Northern            23-7-0 ( 0.767)   23-7-0 ( 0.767)                           
5   Wooster                    24-5-0 ( 0.828)   24-5-0 ( 0.828)                           
6   Marietta                   18-12-0 ( 0.600)   18-12-0 ( 0.600)                           
7   John Carroll           21-9-0 ( 0.700)   21-9-0 ( 0.700)                           
8   Anderson (IN)           20-10-0 ( 0.667)   20-10-0 ( 0.667)                           
9   Thomas More           22-7-0 ( 0.759)   22-7-0 ( 0.759)   

There is still a lot of action between these teams the next couple of weeks. 

Bishopleftiesdad

OWU has also beat the number 1 and 2 teams in these rankings.

DagarmanSpartan

Ugh!

CWRU didn't make the list despite having victories over some of those teams!

:'(

ADL70

CWRU has five scheduled games remaining, two Tues at Marietta and three at home Weds with JCU (one the completion of a suspended game with CWRU up 6-5 in top of 7). 

They need to sweep Marietta which is reeling of late and almost certain to drop out of the RR and take two of three from JCU.

That would give a W% of .667 (currently 6th best SoS) and 9-7 vs RRO (expecting Marietta no longer to be ranked but all others staying).

I haven't checked other Pool B contenders, but Spartans would be behind at least Emory and perhaps WashU.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

countyroad

Wooster takes on BW and ONU this week on the road. That will certainly impact the rankings. I suspect some shuffling..  :)

Dr. Acula

ONU beats Wooster 3-1.  The Scots had a great shot at this one as the Sunday NCAC game allowed them to start Houdek against ONU yesterday.  ONU didn't use Eltzroth, Carr or Crabtree with the huge Berg DH looming Saturday.

BW hosts Wooster today in what should be an interesting game.  I would think we'll see a few more runs than yesterday. 

ADL70

Marietta took both games from CWRU yesterday, effectively squelching Spartan's dim post season hopes.

The offensive fall off from last season was precipitous, BA down from .342 to .293, Slg% from .477 to .363, and HRs from 27 to 4.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

countyroad

Quote from: Dr. Acula on April 29, 2015, 07:44:33 AM
ONU beats Wooster 3-1.  The Scots had a great shot at this one as the Sunday NCAC game allowed them to start Houdek against ONU yesterday.  ONU didn't use Eltzroth, Carr or Crabtree with the huge Berg DH looming Saturday.

BW hosts Wooster today in what should be an interesting game.  I would think we'll see a few more runs than yesterday.

Had someone told me Wooster was going to hold OSU to 3 runs I would've been elated. That didn't work out afterall however.  :'(

Dr. Acula

Oh for sure.  If you offered me that scenario...ONU is only gonna score 3 runs, they're not throwing their top 3 starters and I get Wooster's lineup?  I take that all day if I'm a Scots fan. 

EttaFan1

Quote from: ADL70 on April 29, 2015, 10:49:51 AM
Marietta took both games from CWRU yesterday, effectively squelching Spartan's dim post season hopes.

The offensive fall off from last season was precipitous, BA down from .342 to .293, Slg% from .477 to .363, and HRs from 27 to 4.

That was the thing I noticed the most about this year's Case squad.  Their offensive numbers were way down.  They didn't look particularly impressive at the plate except for their #2 and #3 hitters in their lineup (Gronski and the other name escapes me).  Even though the games were close, at no point was I extremely nervous about facing the top 5 guys in their lineup.