LL in game updates

Started by labart96, September 12, 2009, 11:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Sweeney throws up an INT as a UMU Dlinemen breaks in and puts some nice pressure on him.

Bad throw is going to cost them. 

UMU ball at midfield.  7 minutes left.

Jonny Utah

Hobart gets the ball back at their 30.

5 minutes left.

Jonny Utah

INT for UMU.

ball tipped at the line it looks like and it comes down into the hands of a UMU defender.

That could be it folks. 

Jonny Utah

3:34 left and clock running.

UMU 3rd and 10 at Hobart's 40 or so.

Jonny Utah

And #1 breaks through again for a big run inside the Hobart 5.  Hobart not using timeouts for some reason.

Jonny Utah

TD Mt. Union.

38-21 with 1:30 left in the game.

Jonny Utah

Final.  38-21.

Great game by Hobart.  Running back #25 was tough, and the QB showed some poise along with Cunningham and Shed.  Defensive gameplan was solid, and the offense made plays when it needed to, especially on 3rd down.  Dline was very good I thought.

UMU was good, but beatable.  Running back was very good and made a lot of his own plays.  UMU's linebackers need to be tougher and their secondary needs to come up with more big plays when they rush 3.

Bartman

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 19, 2016, 03:01:04 PM
Final.  38-21.

Great game by Hobart.  Running back #25 was tough, and the QB showed some poise along with Cunningham and Shed.  Defensive gameplan was solid, and the offense made plays when it needed to, especially on 3rd down.  Dline was very good I thought.

UMU was good, but beatable.  Running back was very good and made a lot of his own plays.  UMU's linebackers need to be tougher and their secondary needs to come up with more big plays when they rush 3.
Jonny, speaking of #25...did you see the Letizia(25) block on the LB when protecting Sweeney on a rollout left in the first half....it was a loud crunch from the stands....he should have a great season next year.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on November 22, 2016, 03:19:29 PM
Final.  38-21.

Jonny, speaking of #25...did you see the Letizia(25) block on the LB when protecting Sweeney on a rollout left in the first half....it was a loud crunch from the stands....he should have a great season next year.

Oh yea I saw it and heard it, but I'm pretty sure he was rolling to the right on the one I saw (left to right from the hobart bench), so maybe I missed the one you are talking about.  This was an area where Hobart suprised me and that is out toughing Mt. Unions LBs on a number of plays like that.  #25 was the Hobart MVP in my opinion.

Bartman

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 22, 2016, 06:02:42 PM
Quote from: Bartman on November 22, 2016, 03:19:29 PM
Final.  38-21.

Oh yea I saw it and heard it, but I'm pretty sure he was rolling to the right on the one I saw (left to right from the hobart bench), so maybe I missed the one you are talking about.  This was an area where Hobart suprised me and that is out toughing Mt. Unions LBs on a number of plays like that.  #25 was the Hobart MVP in my opinion.
Actually you are correct , it was a rollout right, I think the Hobart team was equal to the physical test against Mount and picked up a notch last Saturday. Time to hibernate until next year. Hope we have a few more LL members to play with soon.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

wesleydad

Hobart is getting whooped.  Brockport totally dominating the game and could be up 28 -0.  Hobart defense does not look good.  Offense not much better.

stlawus

Every year I say there's no way it's sustainable for Hobart to have as much luck has they've had, and every year I'm wrong.  They just returned a fumble for 99 yards.  Brockport outplaying them in every facet of the game but now it's a 1 score game.  That's football I guess.

res ipsa loquitur

Must feel like Xmas in September, Hobart only being down 4 getting the ball.  That was an UGLY first 25 min.......
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

BomberJeff

QB keeper held on to by Fron who then cuts to the far sideline and runs it in for the TD for 52 yards.

Ithaca leading Alfred 14-7 with 5:46 to go in the first half.

unionpalooza

Weird, close game up in Maine - 7-0 Husson at the half.  Union has fumbled into the Husson end zone, fumbled on its own 10 (leading to the Husson score), and missed a FG; pretty stout on D, but the O is getting pretty manhandled by the Husson front four.