Its quiet....

Started by Purplegatorade, August 27, 2015, 10:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplegatorade

For the season being less than a week away.  The boards are eerily quiet.

2xfaux

I would tend to blame the silence on climate change.  I imagine things will get lively soon.  I am looking forward to seeing some games beginning next week.  Good luck to everyone.

Purplegatorade

Today is the day it all kicks off... and its still quiet.  :-[

2xfaux

Well it has started, hasn't it.

It is hard to imagine a team starting with a more challenging three games than William Smith.

Wheaton, Emory and Messiah!!!!

Does anyone have a more grueling start?

WLCALUM83

Wheaton's isn't that much easier- that squad had ARV Puget Sound early as well--

2xfaux

Wheaton always has a tough early schedule and this year is no exception.

Messiah has Hopkins at home mid-week and is at William Smith next weekend.  It should be an interesting week for lots of folks.

Purplegatorade

With all the moving and shaking that has happened early on in the season it's surprising there has not been more chatter.  Who is everyone's early surprise and disappointing teams?

All NESCAC

Quote from: Purplegatorade on September 24, 2015, 11:20:02 AM
With all the moving and shaking that has happened early on in the season it's surprising there has not been more chatter.  Who is everyone's early surprise and disappointing teams?

Conn College is high on the disappointing list right now.

Ron Boerger

Not really any place better to put this .. last night's 5-0 victory against Texas Lutheran was HC Lance Key's 200th at Trinity (TX).   Now in his twelfth season at the helm, his overall record stands at 200-19-17.

2xfaux

As a fellow Philosophy major, I tip my hat to Coach Key and to what he has done in San Antonio.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch....who's good and has staying power, Messiah, Trinity, Williams???

2xfaux

Messiah and Williams were both tied by teams with .500 records on Saturday.  Great job by both Farmingdale State and RPI.  I imagine this means Trinity moves to #1 in the next pole.  I believe there are only two teams remaining in this top 25 with unblemished records, Swarthmore and McDaniel both in the Centennial Conference so something will have to give there.  It is getting curiouser and curiouser. 

2xfaux

I need some help here.  We are getting close to that time of the year when tied games get decided by PKs either in conference tournaments or the NCAA tournament.  Why when a team loses a game in PKs is it still recorded as a tie? 

Purplegatorade

Because the game officially ended in a tie.  There needs to be a winner to advance so they go to pks to decide.

2xfaux

I understand, but if you have a "winner" then you...have a "loser".  As Yogi said, "it ain't over till it's over" and when it's over someone wins and moves on and someone loses doesn't.  PKs are a dreadful way to "lose" or not advance but that is what happens.  It has always seemed odd to me.  Oh well ..back to work.  Thanks.   

Purplegatorade

Conference tournaments are in full swing and the NCAA tournament are right around the corner and the boards is very quiet.  Sad times.