2017 Playoffs

Started by Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat, October 31, 2017, 01:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HScoach

Guys, why should we let facts get in the way of a good Merle rant? ???

I'm as big of a Mount homer as there is, but Mount shouldn't be any higher than the #3 overall seed. 
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Pat Coleman

UW-Stout had 10 games up until a couple weeks before the season started, when Trinity Bible dropped them.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

emma17

Quote from: thunderdog on November 09, 2017, 02:05:09 PM
Quote from: HansenRatings on November 09, 2017, 01:39:40 PM
UWEC also had the misfortune of not getting to play against themselves in the WIAC.

That's an instant classic right there Logan

Merle, I give you credit for your sense of humor. Two instant classics were made possible, the one above, and yours:
QuoteJCU was a good game, but that will look bad against Mount vs JCU, the rest is a bye and a team made up of D3boards posters

Very funny.

Ralph Turner

http://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2017/first-playoff-projection

I love the projection, even with HSU going on the road to Linfield.  IMHO, the Linfield pod is the toughest in the entire bracket.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Ralph Turner on November 09, 2017, 09:50:21 PM

I love the projection, even with HSU going on the road to Linfield.  IMHO, the Linfield pod is the toughest in the entire bracket.

Doubt it shakes up like that. I think that  Linfield/HSU would get switch for the Depauw/NCC game or the Berry/Huntingdon game. It never goes as projected.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: D3MAFAN on November 10, 2017, 10:02:40 AM

Doubt it shakes up like that. I think that  Linfield/HSU would get switch for the Depauw/NCC game or the Berry/Huntingdon game. It never goes as projected.
I'd bet that one quadrant will be UMHB/Chapman vs Linfield/Hardin Simmons and Wittenberg/Franklin vs Berry/Huntingdon.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Pat Coleman

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on November 10, 2017, 10:21:38 AM

I'd bet that one quadrant will be UMHB/Chapman vs Linfield/Hardin Simmons and Wittenberg/Franklin vs Berry/Huntingdon.

I'm trying to push the NCAA out of its box even more than last year. Might as well consider it.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

merlecanlas

Quote from: emma17 on November 09, 2017, 05:03:22 PM
Quote from: thunderdog on November 09, 2017, 02:05:09 PM
Quote from: HansenRatings on November 09, 2017, 01:39:40 PM
UWEC also had the misfortune of not getting to play against themselves in the WIAC.

That's an instant classic right there Logan

Merle, I give you credit for your sense of humor. Two instant classics were made possible, the one above, and yours:
QuoteJCU was a good game, but that will look bad against Mount vs JCU, the rest is a bye and a team made up of D3boards posters

Very funny.

Thank you

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 10, 2017, 02:11:38 PM
Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on November 10, 2017, 10:21:38 AM

I'm trying to push the NCAA out of its box even more than last year. Might as well consider it.
+1!

merlecanlas

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 09, 2017, 02:30:25 PM
Quote from: merlecanlas on November 09, 2017, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 09, 2017, 02:10:10 PM
Quote from: merlecanlas on November 09, 2017, 12:58:41 PM
the coach for UWO's 2nd OOC (Jimmy Joe, what a name) was just fired for being 0-8 on the year.  Does this information get to the NCAA/RAC prior to ranking?  It was tough finding that W-L record

Can't believe there's any axe left to grind on this. 

Mount Union lost a game in 2016 and lost their right to host games in that season's tournament.  Then they lost in the semifinals which means that they lost their previous year's championship record protection to the teams that went farther...of which one is Oshkosh.  It's a full year process before Mount Union can get that protection back.  Unless they get help, the Raiders are going to have to advance to Salem by winning one game on the road.  That's just the way it's gonna be no matter how loud you want to yell about Va-Lynchburg. 

Also, I'm still waiting for you to tell me who Oshkosh was supposed to play.  You've deftly ignored that.

Mount will go on the road, but I dont have access to the D3 composite schedule. But I would be shocked if there wasn't a team or two open.  But they didnt schedule anybody and I accept that, they chose to play an inter-mural team.  But a schedule with UVL and a bye shouldn't be praised as a meat grinder.  Should 10 conference teams start scheduling the College of Faith or Stark State for their non conference game?  UWO's choice of OOC is gross

You keep saying this like it was UW-O's deliberate choice to not play 10 games and to have a game against UVa-Lynchburg.  There were open teams?  Who was open?  And then who among those teams with open dates were willing to go play Oshkosh?  You go find that stuff out and get back to us.  I'll wait.

maybe don't wait until June to schedule that year's football games?  I'm no AD but I would try to handle that prior to camp.

Just running down the list of D3 teams, ranked from least amount of wins to most, there is at least 20 schools with only 8 games played by the time you get to 3 wins.  I bet they all were called and said no. 

Can't wait for your new playoff projection

Pat Coleman

Quote from: merlecanlas on November 10, 2017, 03:05:11 PM

maybe don't wait until June to schedule that year's football games?  I'm no AD but I would try to handle that prior to camp.

Nobody waits until June to schedule that year's games. For example, we relaunched our Open Dates board last month and UW-Oshkosh was one of the first to post its dates for 2018 and 2019.

But sometimes schools can't get people to schedule them. Mount Union might be able to schedule its one mediocre non-conference opponent six years in advance, but Oshkosh has to schedule three per year, and last year, only one Division III team had the guts to do it.

Two teams in the area played games against club programs that didn't count, rather than play Oshkosh. St. John's had a schedule opening as late as February, on a mutual open date with UWO, and chose to play an NAIA school instead.

Pretty sure you are just trolling and don't care about the response, but on the off chance someone else reads your post and thinks you're being serious, I figured I'd better respond.

edward de vere

What time will D3 post its final playoff projection Saturday night or Sunday morning?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: edward de vere on November 10, 2017, 09:29:50 PM
What time will D3 post its final playoff projection Saturday night or Sunday morning?

Yes.

Sorry -- it's hard to predict how long it will take.

edward de vere

smedindy

Quote from: merlecanlas on November 10, 2017, 03:05:11 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 09, 2017, 02:30:25 PM
Quote from: merlecanlas on November 09, 2017, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 09, 2017, 02:10:10 PM
Quote from: merlecanlas on November 09, 2017, 12:58:41 PM
the coach for UWO's 2nd OOC (Jimmy Joe, what a name) was just fired for being 0-8 on the year.  Does this information get to the NCAA/RAC prior to ranking?  It was tough finding that W-L record

Can't believe there's any axe left to grind on this. 

Mount Union lost a game in 2016 and lost their right to host games in that season's tournament.  Then they lost in the semifinals which means that they lost their previous year's championship record protection to the teams that went farther...of which one is Oshkosh.  It's a full year process before Mount Union can get that protection back.  Unless they get help, the Raiders are going to have to advance to Salem by winning one game on the road.  That's just the way it's gonna be no matter how loud you want to yell about Va-Lynchburg. 

Also, I'm still waiting for you to tell me who Oshkosh was supposed to play.  You've deftly ignored that.

Mount will go on the road, but I dont have access to the D3 composite schedule. But I would be shocked if there wasn't a team or two open.  But they didnt schedule anybody and I accept that, they chose to play an inter-mural team.  But a schedule with UVL and a bye shouldn't be praised as a meat grinder.  Should 10 conference teams start scheduling the College of Faith or Stark State for their non conference game?  UWO's choice of OOC is gross

You keep saying this like it was UW-O's deliberate choice to not play 10 games and to have a game against UVa-Lynchburg.  There were open teams?  Who was open?  And then who among those teams with open dates were willing to go play Oshkosh?  You go find that stuff out and get back to us.  I'll wait.

Just running down the list of D3 teams, ranked from least amount of wins to most, there is at least 20 schools with only 8 games played by the time you get to 3 wins.  I bet they all were called and said no. 

Can't wait for your new playoff projection

Some teams also schedule only 9 games. The SCIAC and most of the NWC only play nine. The NESCAC only plays 8, as you know, and they don't do any non-conference games.