ODAC
8 (34.8%)
USAC
12 (52.2%)
Who Cares?
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

hokieone

No idea, but it shortens my drive considerably so I'm all for it!

LTBB1971

Hokieone,
I am with you...instead of 4 hours I am now looking at 1 1/2 hrs from Norfolk, VA...good deal.  Any word on when the entire schedule is coming out?  Looking to see who NCWC plays.

NoVa Baseball

Hokie One:  That is really good news - makes the drive less than an hour for us.  Any idea which HS fields they will use? 

Falcon2720

Who cares how far you have to drive.  Ask your kids this question.  Would you rather play on a H.S. field or at the Team USA Baseball Complex?  I personally would rather watch a game at the Team USA Baseball Complex then a HS field in Richmond or Randolph-Macon's football field.

I'd hate to see what the H.S. fields look like in the beginning of Feb.  The High School teams don't even play in Virginia till the middle of March.  Richmond area is going to be very very cold, possibly snow.  I believe Randolph-Macon had some games ppd last year in Feb due to snow.

Should be interesting.

hokieone

I'm told that Deep Run and Hanover High School fields will be used, along with RMC.

Our grass at CNU is actually "greened up" somewhat in February, although it gets better and better as spring rolls in. I have no knowledge about how things work in Richmond. I suspect it will not be warm and toasty. With games in February ever year, I just assume it will be cold and windy, and then rejoice the occasions when it's more seasonable. According to Accuweather, normal high for Richmond for the scheduled dates is 49, with overnight low of 29.  I can handle 49 degrees but sure hope we don't have to play in any 29 degree stuff. Greensboro's normal high for the same dates is only 5 degrees higher.

Let's all hope for an early unseasonable heat wave!

NoVa Baseball

Well,  I suppose my wife and I care about the drive - not sure I care if anyone else does.   I do agree with Hokie - I doubt the kids really care which field they play on in early Feb unless it's Texas, Florida, or California.  We've played in Myrtle Beach at that time of year and frozen our rear's off.    I just hope it's only cold and not raining/sleeting/snowing.  Probably go through several of the composite bats too. 

CNU will hopefully get a few games in the relative warmth of Texas on 2/5 - 2/6.   While I'm sure nobody cares, we won't be driving to those. 

Falcon2720

Economically probably makes more sense to go to Richmond. A more centralized location for all parties.  Cary, NC/Team USA Baseball Complex just sounded like an awesome idea and a great place to host this tournament at one venue. Who wouldn't want to play hear.

http://web.usabaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080618&content_id=33892&vkey=news_usab

I am looking forward to the challenge.  I think this tournament is going to be great for both conferences.  Cnference pride on the line, some great match-ups and DIII baseball at its best.

NoVa Baseball

Falcon:  I agree that complex looks great.  Maybe next year after Shenandoah leaves the USAS, the challenge will go down there.  At that point CNU becomes the northernmost team in USAS and it might make more sense.   Of course there are 5-6 ODAC teams that are north of CNU so maybe not.  I bet if they lose a bunch of games to weather in Richmond, there will be more of a push to go further south next year. 

hokieone

Ferrum "might" be a little more northern, hard to tell on the map, but the stadium at Cary does look like it would be worth a trip.

LTBB1971

Anyone seen the final schedule for 2010 ODAC/USAC Challenge?  I am trying to find out who NCWC plays.

hbp

CNU has their 3 games listed on their schedule:

USA South ODAC Challenge
2/13-14/2010    Guilford  Richmond, VA 3:00  Details 
2/13-14/2010    Lynchburg  Richmond, VA 11:00  Details 
2/14-14/2010    Washington-Lee  Richmond, VA 5:00  Details 

Looks like 3 good ballgames

NoVa Baseball

I notice that a couple teams have posted locations (Guilford shows games at Petersburg, Hanover HS and RMC - RMC shows games at RMC, Hanover and Deep Run).   None of the USAS teams seem to have locations posted.  Is there a consolidated list?  It would be nice to catch as may games as we can down there.

gr8day4bsbll

Here's the schedule shown as of this morning on the ODAC website:

Sat. Feb. 13:

Methodist vs. RMC                    11am (site TBD)
Shenandoah vs. VWC               11am (Petersburg Sports Complex)
NCWC vs. Bridgewater             11am (Petersburg Sports Complex)
Lynchburg vs. CNU                   11am (Richmond -- TBD)

Greensboro vs. RMC                 2:30pm (Richmond -- TBD)
W&L vs. Averett                        2:30pm (RMC, Ashland)
Ferrum vs. VWC                        2:30pm (Deep Run HS, Glen Allen)
CNU vs. Guilford                        3pm (Richmond -- TBD)

Shenandoah vs. Lynchburg      6pm (Deep Run HS, Glen Allen)
Methodist vs. Bridgewater        6pm (Richmond -- TBD)
NCWC vs. Roanoke                   6pm (Petersburg Sports Complex)

Sun. Feb. 14:

Greensboro vs. Bridgewater     10am (Richmond -- TBD)
Roanoke vs. Averett                 10am (Deep Run HS, Glen Allen)
Ferrum vs. Gulford                    10am (Hanover HS, Mechanicsville)
NCWC vs. W&L                         10am (Petersburg Sports Complex)

Lynchburg vs. Averett               1:30pm (Petersburg Sports Complex)
Shenandoah vs. Guilford           1:30pm (RMC, Ashland)
Greensboro vs. VWC                 2pm (TBD)
Roanoke vs. Methodist              2pm (Richmond -- TBD)

Ferrum vs. RMC                          5pm (Deep Run HS, Glen Allen)
W&L vs. CNU                              5pm (Richmond -- TBD)

There's also a few "TBD" games listed on the ODAC site where the opponents, times and locations are all TBD -- W&L has at least two of those.  Also, some of this above doesn't jibe with what's on the individual schools' schedule websites, but that's mostly just the times -- opponents and locations seem to be consistent.

In any event, we're going to see some good baseball in the Challenge in less than 3 weeks...
"Let's Play Two..."

D-BAT

WOW, both the USA-South and ODAC teams will find out where they stand right out of the gate!

Looks like some GREAT baseball to be played.

hokieone

What are the chances that any of the fields will be  for these games? Richmond got a lot of snow and the melting is going to be rather slow based upon the forecast for the next few days.