MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WUPHF

I managed to get there by half time and squeezed in to the student section as the gym was packed.

It seemed a little less intense than last season.  Webster used the five starters for 30 minutes on average or so and had only one player play more than 10 minutes.  No one looked gassed at the end. 

Greenville may have needed to break from the Grinnell System and defend the paint a bit better.  I did not see the hand raise concession on fouls thing by the way.

The Gorlocks are on the road for 5 of the next 7 games, but at 9-2, they need to stay focused and win the SLIAC again.

WUPHF

Also, Fontbonne is 8-3 and second in conference?

Obviously I have not been paying attention this semester.

Fontbonne travels to 7-4 Greenville on Saturday, then hosts Webster on Wednesday.

This is a big stretch for the SLIAC.

hopefan

Worst night ever... EVER.... for trying to watch SLIAC on the internet... extremely disappointing...

Webster... buffer buffer buffer... and finally cut completely out with 10 minutes left...a couple others complained on chat too

Blackburn... no buffering, but the picture was out of focus about 75 % of the time

Spalding.. they have the best video quality, the announcing is laughable, especially when a young lady who came through as well as the announcer "cursed - ie street talk" about the opposition players or refs... but the video guy must have really been distracted... Spalding down 6 with Mac shooting a FT, say 15 secs left, they miss, Spalding comes down and makes a 3, the camera never moved from Mac FT line, we don't see the Spalding possession.. ok so now the camera jumps and we see Mac fouled again, probably with 6 seconds left... Mac is shown missing the FT, Spalding rebounds, goes for the tying shot.. AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS... camera never moves from the Mac FT line, and we only know that Spalding missed because we see Mac players jump off the bench in celebratory fashion....

Iowa Wesleyan.... as bad as Webster with buffering...

Ah well, such is the life of a SLIAC fan living in Florida!!! ;D ;D ;D
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hopefan

Current hopefan standings after "upsets" last night     0 means tracking to 13-5

Blackburn   0
Webster     0
Fontbonne  0
Greenville  -1
Eureka      -2
Westminster  -2

Looking far out..based on remaining schedule... Only Webster and Greenville appear safe.. Fontbonne is close, but a little more susceptible to unexpected loss... dog fight for spot 4... can BC at home beat 1, 2, or 3 contenders?   Eureka needs a road win vs Contender, and home win vs Greenville... Westminster has lost last 2 to non contenders and despite win over Greenville, appears to be in decline....

Biggest shock... Fontbonne... they keep winning... but the loss to Iowa Wesleyan is so scary....

hopefan

Looking ahead to Saturday..

Eureka at Westminster.... virtually a must win for either team

Prin at Blackburn... an upset would put Blackburn in a tenuous position...and it could happen if BC lets down

Webster at Mac...  Mac plays well at times in the underdog role, but I'd expect Webster will be too much

Spalding at Iowa Wesleyan... Spalding's 6 man team won't win in Iowa..

Fontbonne at Greenville....  Fontbonne beat them once, could it happen twice?

Gregory Sager

Quote from: hopefan on January 30, 2020, 07:04:17 AM
Spalding.. they have the best video quality, the announcing is laughable, especially when a young lady who came through as well as the announcer "cursed - ie street talk" about the opposition players or refs... but the video guy must have really been distracted... Spalding down 6 with Mac shooting a FT, say 15 secs left, they miss, Spalding comes down and makes a 3, the camera never moved from Mac FT line, we don't see the Spalding possession.. ok so now the camera jumps and we see Mac fouled again, probably with 6 seconds left... Mac is shown missing the FT, Spalding rebounds, goes for the tying shot.. AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS... camera never moves from the Mac FT line, and we only know that Spalding missed because we see Mac players jump off the bench in celebratory fashion....

Fifty bucks says that the Spalding camera operator was a student who was checking his or her phone.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hopefan

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 30, 2020, 11:00:11 AM

Fifty bucks says that the Spalding camera operator was a student who was checking his or her phone.

Sounds reasonable to me!! ;D ;D

Gregory Sager

It's an ongoing nuisance around D3. Athletic departments either need to find student camera operators whom they know for a fact are conscientious enough to do their jobs properly, or else confiscate the phones of student camera operators before every game as a matter of departmental policy.

Fellow student-athletes are often the best choices to run a camera, as long as they have the attitude of, "I want to do a good job at this, because I want my peers to do a good job in return when it's my sport that is being streamed."
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 30, 2020, 11:41:49 AM
It's an ongoing nuisance around D3. Athletic departments either need to find student camera operators whom they know for a fact are conscientious enough to do their jobs properly, or else confiscate the phones of student camera operators before every game as a matter of departmental policy.

Fellow student-athletes are often the best choices to run a camera, as long as they have the attitude of, "I want to do a good job at this, because I want my peers to do a good job in return when it's my sport that is being streamed."

Student athletes are the best, especially for streams with no broadcasters where they leave the native sound on.  The "play by play" from those guys is always worth watching, even if the game isn't.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

y_jack_lok

Quote from: hopefan on January 30, 2020, 10:53:52 AM

Webster at Mac...  Mac plays well at times in the underdog role, but I'd expect Webster will be too much

The game at Webster in December went to OT before the Gorloks pulled it out. Logan Dorethy had a huge game for Mac. I think Webster is playing better now, but hey will have to figure out how to defend Dorethy or deny him the ball if they want to win. They always have a tough time at Mac. This game concerns me.

hopefan

Quote from: y_jack_lok on January 30, 2020, 05:36:21 PM
Quote from: hopefan on January 30, 2020, 10:53:52 AM

The game at Webster in December went to OT before the Gorloks pulled it out. Logan Dorethy had a huge game for Mac. I think Webster is playing better now, but hey will have to figure out how to defend Dorethy or deny him the ball if they want to win. They always have a tough time at Mac. This game concerns me.
Doherty has been playing very well as of late too... and, Mac has Trevor Voss back.   Don't think he played in December.

Greek Tragedy

No one feels bad for you. No one. LOL
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 30, 2020, 09:43:31 PM

In the summer, I might feel bad for him.  In January, fuhgeddaboutit! ;)

hopefan

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 30, 2020, 09:48:21 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 30, 2020, 09:43:31 PM

In the summer, I might feel bad for him.  In January, fuhgeddaboutit! ;)

Yeah... I get the best internet reception out on the deck, but when it gets lower than 65 degrees, it's kinda chilly and I move inside... ;D ;D ;D

hopefan

Hoping streaming of games today works out better than it did on Wednesday night!!! ;) ;)