Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

Quote from: AUPepBand on February 28, 2019, 10:32:57 AM
Quote from: Bartman on February 28, 2019, 10:07:54 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on February 27, 2019, 05:58:14 PM
Bartman:

Does Hobart do the ECAC thing? In years past, the ECAC sent AU deep into the woods of Pennsylvania....didn't fare well for the Saxons.
NCAA or bust

Pep hasn't been a real fan of the ECAC thing....not enough Upstate NY teams participate to make it worthwhile. Trips to Pennsylvania have been less than dandy. But hoping a trip to Virginia will be fruitful!

On Saxon Warriors!

If you go to Virginia, Pep, bring your fishing pole, and your bicycle. You can while away your time there, taking in the scenery and maybe catching a few fish on a sunny day. You sure won't be watching any basketball games. Even if Alfred pulls off a few upsets, to get to the semifinals, the Saxons will be trying to finish the job in Fort Wayne, Indiana. That's where this year's Final Four is being played. ;D You did know that, didn't you? No more Salem Civic Center. At least for the next few years.   

Caz Bombers

He meant that Alfred is going to Virginia this weekend for the CNU regional.

AUPepBand

Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 28, 2019, 11:30:55 AM

Yup.  ;D
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Also, if you do accidentally go to Salem on the 16th and 17th, the women will be playing there, so you can catch some great basketball.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

magicman

Quote from: AUPepBand on February 28, 2019, 01:46:15 PM
Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 28, 2019, 11:30:55 AM

Yup.  ;D

And I thought you were expressing great confidence in your Saxon Warriors, Pep. :D

Enjoy the Virginia weather...it's gotta be better than what we've been getting!

Caz Bombers

nice win Saxomaphones!

AUPepBand

Saxons defeat Ramapo, 92-76! Alfred's 14th straight win....

On Saxon Warriors!

AUPepBand

magicman

Quote from: AUPepBand on March 01, 2019, 07:21:11 PM
Quote from: Caz Bombers on March 01, 2019, 07:19:32 PM
nice win Saxomaphones!

Get the fight song ready!

On Saxon Warriors. Great Job Alfred. I can see your wide smile all the way up here in PLattsburgh, Pep. Don't stop now.

Bartman

Congrats to the Saxon Warriors on your NCAA win.....may the sound of kazoos distract CNU for another win!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

thebear

Congrats the the Saxons, nice to see a win in your in team, beat a Pool C team.

"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

AUPepBand

Congrats to Coach Russ Phillips and the Saxons on an historic memorable outstanding season. Seniors Dom LeMorta, Scotty Stopera, Sage Brown and Pat McLamore Jr. will well be remembered for their grit in achieving their goal of winning an Empire 8 championship and creating a culture of winning at Alfred.

Pep is so proud of the Saxons and their fabulous season-ending run to the title and the NCAA Tournament. This team, at 24-5, is second in AU history for wins in a season, with only the 1985-86 squad (25-3) exceeding their win total.

Congrats also to an outstanding CNU squad. Best of luck the rest of the way!

On Saxon Warriors!

With Age Comes Wisdom?

AU Pep ..your Saxon Warriors deserve a hearty congratulations on a truly excellent season!

AUPepBand

The Saxon Warriors captured the hearts of many in the extended Alfred Community and the Alfred University Family. Their grit and excellent work ethic, particularly among the four seniors, combined with their emphasis on "team first" demonstrated by selfless play, led to their amazing season. Kudos to Coach Russ Phillips and the rest of his Empire 8 Coaching Staff of the Year for creating that culture.

On Saxon Warriors!

AUPepBand