FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Good luck to the Statesmen today! I am out visiting a friend in the area and will go to game today. Local Tommie fans are very confident and are not familiar with Hobart at all. Let's give them a reason to remember!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

DoubleO

Best of luck to the Statesmen today! I'm hoping we see your best and you get our best as well. May both teams come through today's game injury free with a full head of steam to the winner in the semi's!

mattvsmith

I like UST fans. So far I've seen very good sportsmanship like DoubleO above and the posters on the MIAC board.
DoubleO, best of luck to UST also. While I would be dishonest if I didn't admit that I hope Hobart wins, I want the game to be a great one, with both teams playing their best penalty and injury free football. No matter the result, we can all be proud hat our team can claim to be one the best 8 in the country. Considering how many teams there are, that is really saying something.

skunks_sidekick

come on BART!  Big BART supporter from Mount country.  Get it done.

USTBench

Congrats to Hobart on a great season. You've got some special players.
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions

mattvsmith

Quote from: USTBench on December 01, 2012, 03:51:25 PM
Congrats to Hobart on a great season. You've got some special players.
Thanks USTBench. You guys have a great team and you fans are a good bunch, too. Good luck next week and I hope our teams meet again next year.

mattvsmith

What am I supposed to do with myself until August 2013?

res ipsa loquitur

I am right with you Rev.

UST, you guys are for real.  I think Oshkosh will have their hands full.  Good luck, to a class act.

Great season Hobart.  Thanks for letting me tag along for 13 weeks or so.  :)
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bartman

UST you have a great team. Although Hobart got off poorly and lost Worthington early, the UST team was well balanced and well disciplined today. You should give Oshkosh all they can handle. You have a great facility and supporters , hope you make good use of it again next week. Bartman will root for your advancement. The Hobart team had a great season and although today will sting for awhile, you should hold your heads high. Thanks to a great senior class and we look forward to another great season in 2013!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

wesleydad

Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on December 01, 2012, 04:14:21 PM

rev, i was thinking the same thing.  i go to the stagg every year so i still have that left and if not for a prior commitment with some good friends next week i would be heading to alliance for a real good one.  2 weeks left and then what?  sucks, guess i have to go to the gym on the weekends.

Knightstalker

C'mon Rev, you're a sailor, I know it's the Coast Guard but I can overlook that.  Does KS have to draw the Rev a picture?

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

mattvsmith

Quote from: Knightstalker on December 01, 2012, 07:52:43 PM

C'mon Rev, you're a sailor, I know it's the Coast Guard but I can overlook that.  Does KS have to draw the Rev a picture?

If you drew the picture, you'll likely get banned from the board.

mattvsmith

The Rev does have an off-season goal: to get off his lazy bum and exercise. The Rev has exceeded the USCG height/weight standards and his #1 goal is to regain proper shape and to hit the physical fitness test scores (e.g. Swim 500 m in 12 minutes or less). As an Auxiliarist, I'm not really obliged to maintain them but since I am the only representative they see on a regular basis, I think it would be a good idea to meet or beat the standards. Anyone else interested in trying to regain one's health in the off season?

DoubleO

I wanted to extend my congratulations to a fine Hobart team on an outstanding season. Regardless of the outcome today-a 12-1 season and all the history you wrote for your institution is something to be proud of. I hope that after the sting of defeat wears off that your heads will be held high-because they certainly should be.

For whatever reason the ball bounced the Tommies way today and that does nothing to diminish all that you accomplished this season. Knowing full well what they say about excuses, I don't think you can understate the challenges involved with all of the travel and unfamiliar circumstances you have to face when traveling as far as you did to play. I hope the players/coaching staff can look back on the experience, learn some valuable lessons from it and come back stronger next year! You've earned my respect-a job well done, gentlemen.

dlippiel

Well ****in said DO, well ****in said  :) +k IDHO this has got to be one of the classiest posts of the year!