FB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

It's tough being an associate member sometimes.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wlcalum

Not only an associate but a lame duck member as well!  :( 2007 is our move away from the MIAA.

BashDad

formerd3db:

Good luck to Hope this Saturday at JCU (hope you knock them off!), and to the rest of the MIAA in week #2 (except Kzoo, of course).  Adrian had a fine opening effort; they should continue to cruise this weekend against Defiance.  Nice win, too, for Albion.  Results in week #2 should show a lot.

Still confused by the lack of "talk" on the MIAA thread.  Not sure whether the silence is sandbagging, or burying heads in the sand.  We look forward to getting our season open Saturday against K-college in Crawfordsville.

Regards.   

Flying Dutch Fan

I'm starting to get a little worried - this lack of posting is like the calm before the storm.  Bring on the weekend!!!
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

formerd3db

Thanks BashDad.  Good luck to Wabash on Sat also even though it is against one of ours! :o  Hopefully it will be a great sunny Sept Sat for a college game.

To our fellow MIAA posters:  Yes, I think our board has been the most quiet  ???  Not sure why.  Anyway, good luck to all the teams this weekend.  It will be a tough challenge for Hope to win at JCU i.e away.  After last Saturday's scrimmage, I think the offense will do fine; defense will be the question.  The latter will have to step it up somewhat.  Also, the special teams and kicking game will need to be on - that could be the deciding factor.  Those aspects were not sharp last Sat, but then again, it was just a scrimmage.  Everyone check in on Sun or Mon :-X 
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

wlcalum

I have only been reading the posts for the past four years but it seems the MIAA has alwyas been behind in postings. You would think, since the MIAA is the oldest conference in the world,  8) we would have the most posts. 'Course then again maybe all the posters have gone on to the gridiron in the sky. ;D

Good luck to all this weekend. Lets get up for the games and have a MIAA sweep of the competition. We have Rockford and dedicate the new field this weekend, should be a good time. The fun begins at 1PM, or 2PM depending where you are.

wabco

Hey K-zooers

If you are planning on attending the game against Wabash at C-ville you need to know that "Indiana time" is one hour behind "Michigan time" ... nice going down buyt not as much fun coming home.  Additionally, the first home game ... which this is at Wabash ... is always "Community Day" wherein there is a pic nic on the main quad.  It is open to whomever wishes to come (hence the word "Community") and you are Community.  It starts at 11 AM "Indiana time".  You are more than welcome to come and sit on the grass or bring a lawn chair and partake of the eats and community.  We will get a little more contentious at game time as we very much wish to win ... but not before.  So join us.  AND hopefully we will also see an injury free and fun football game.  I heard the weather will be very warm.

AlbionCollegeBrits

Hey how are you all doing?  I am new to this forum.  I used to post a long time ago, but just thought why not get back into it, and give some intellectual conversation on the topic of the MIAA.  One week of football in the books, and another week coming up.  As it is quite obvious I am a big fan and supporter of the Albion College Britons.  Currently I am a 5th year Senior.  I try to make it to most of the games.  This week we have a bye week, but Sept 17. is our home opener against University of Wisconsin-Osh Kosh.  I am getting pumped up for the game, yet at the same time kind of nervous.  Last year I drove to Osh Kosh when Albion played in one of the most lopsided games of the season, coming away with a 40-0 loss which was full of numerous turnovers.  This year, we at Albion feel this is the year for us to win the MIAA!  Last year Albion didnt make the plays necessary in a 58-35 embarrassing loss at home to the Olivet College Comets (first loss since 1975 to Olivet if I might add).  I know that loss left a bad taste in the mouth of the players.  This year's edition of the Britons will be a force to be reckoned with.  We havent been to the NCAA Playoffs in nearly 7 years, but this year see a new look upgraded Albion team.  However there is still Hope Flying Dutchmen, Adrian Bulldogs, and the Alma Scots in the way of the title.

Good Luck to all MIAA teams this week, especially Hope, they will need it against John Carroll!         

Toph

QuoteGood Luck to all MIAA teams this week, especially Hope, they will need it against John Carroll!

Truer words were never spoken.  38-13, Carroll rolls.

formerd3db

About what I figured for this weekend's games.  Ouch for Hope :(, defense needs much work it appears as I mentioned; offense did worse than I would have thought with six interceptions.  Obviously JCU is much improved from last year.  Congrats to them, but Hope has work to do to improve.  Not impossible, though.

As for Kzoo, also as most predicted.  Congrats to Wabash.  Hopefully, despite the loss, the Kzoo fans enjoyed the Community Day and fantastic weather for tailgaiting.

Alma wins against Aurora, but as expected also.  As most of you have said, as the teams start to engage more stronger opponents in the next 3 weeks, including our own conference foes, it will provide a better picture as to who really has the "big" talent - Albion, Adrian, Alma possibly Hope.  (cont'd) 
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

formerd3db

(cont'd)
Wis Luth loses to a young, but improved D-IAA Valpo.  Score closer than one would think which suggest WCL might be a spoiler this year.

Adrian - as expected in a blowout of Defiance.  2 wins against weak teams, but they are still wins and confidence and experience builders. 

Olivet - gets spanked and repaid by Franklin for last year's win in a shootout.  It is very early, yet as some of our Olivet posters mentioned, it appears Olivet will be somewhat weaker than last, especially with all the changes in staff and young players.  However, they can still be a spoiler. 

Obviously, my comments are just based on scores and the brief write-ups in the paper on the games since I did not see these.  Nonetheless, with great September weather, regardless if our teams lose or win, it is great that college season is here.  Good luck to all the teams next weekend.  I HOPE that we can rebound against DePauw in the home opener and Community Day ;D  This should be an interesting game.

AlbionCollegeBrits

I am new to posting to this forum.  I am not sure if you really do Pick em's for each week's games, but as a newbie, let me give you my picks for Week #3.

Wisconsin OshKosh @ Albion   Tabbed as "Redemption Saturday Albion charges to victory!
Wittenberg @ Alma  Alma with the win going away, as Wittenberg falls to 0-3
Depauw @ Hope  Hope blows out Depauw
Kalamazoo @ Mt. St. Joseph  Kalamazoo gets destroyed, and falls to 0-2 on the young season
Olivet @ Ohio Wesleyan  Olivet evens their record at 1-1
McMurray @ Tri-State   McMurray with the win
Wisconsin Lutheran at Concordia (WI)  Wisconsin Lutheran gets first win of the year, improves record to (1-2)

wabashcpa

You know Hope has the entire Wabash community behind it on Saturday!!! :)

formerd3db

Thanks wabashcpa.  We HOPE to do our best and tame the Tigers! ;D

Toph

formerd3db-
I thought you might be able to help me out with this.  Is Schwander that prone to throwing INT's?  I saw that his career ratio isn't that great, but 5 int's in one half is pretty out of control.  I'll assume you didn't make it to the game, so I'll do my best to describe what happened on most of his picks.  Most of the time he was flushed from the pocket, rolling to one side of the field, and throwing it up for grabs.  On several occasions he was throwing into double or triple coverage, and once, it looked as though he threw it right to a JCU defender.  Wha, what happened?