FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff

Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 05, 2012, 01:07:36 PM
Quote from: Jerry Bawcom on December 05, 2012, 11:01:50 AM
The Temple Daily Telegram has a nice story on "The Catch" by Walter Sharp in 2004, along with a writeup on the 2004 game with quotes from Josh Welch and his dad, with whom Josh now coaches in Copperas Cove.  I have the pic in my den!

Too bad you have to be a subscriber to read it, otherwise it's a buck for a day pass.
its only 8 for a month and during November and the playoffs it's worth it
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Toby Taff on December 05, 2012, 04:59:37 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 05, 2012, 01:07:36 PM
The Temple Daily Telegram has a nice story on "The Catch" by Walter Sharp in 2004, along with a writeup on the 2004 game with quotes from Josh Welch and his dad, with whom Josh now coaches in Copperas Cove.  I have the pic in my den!

Too bad you have to be a subscriber to read it, otherwise it's a buck for a day pass.
its only 8 for a month and during November and the playoffs it's worth it
So, if UMHB had lost to LaCollege or to Franklin, then you could have saved $8.   ;)

Toby Taff

I typically sign up for 6 mos at a time. My subscription expired mid November so I just added a month to get through football season. If I were just going to get it for a time, I'd buy at the beginning of november to get the start of playoffs. the best articles seem to come during the playoffs
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

02 Warhawk

Here's to an all yellow (gold) Stagg Bowl!!!  ;D

crufootball

Just got back from the send off for the Cru, pretty good crowd considering most of the student body is gone. Thought it was cool that Dr. O'Rear handed out 5 diplomas to a handful of players and GA's. 

Bill McCabe

Really fond memories from that game.  Hope this year will be just as successful.

yessir

Walking on thin ice cuz someone lost......again.

Cruzader

Quote from: yessir on December 06, 2012, 10:20:24 PM
Anyone making the trip?
Yes I will be making the trip along with my 15 yr old son. My Oldest Son is a Cru football alum and 4 yr. starter. 05-09 also a GA, in 010. Traveled to many Cru games while he was playing. We been knocking on the Stagg Bowl door for some time now. Feel our time is very close and know that will have to go thru Alliance to get there. I feel this #1 vs #2 will be the bigger than the upcoming Stagg. With That said, this is a must go to game for me. Now if we get by MU ?? My oldest Cru football/ Alum Son will be joining us to Salem for sure. Go Cru ! Time to do Work!

theaprof

Quote from: Cruzader on December 07, 2012, 01:58:12 AM
Quote from: yessir on December 06, 2012, 10:20:24 PM
Anyone making the trip?
Yes I will be making the trip along with my 15 yr old son. My Oldest Son is a Cru football alum and 4 yr. starter. 05-09 also a GA, in 010. Traveled to many Cru games while he was playing. We been knocking on the Stagg Bowl door for some time now. Feel our time is very close and know that will have to go thru Alliance to get there. I feel this #1 vs #2 will be the bigger than the upcoming Stagg. With That said, this is a must go to game for me. Now if we get by MU ?? My oldest Cru football/ Alum Son will be joining us to Salem for sure. Go Cru ! Time to do Work!

If you get into town early enough, don't forget to join us at Rey's in Alliance for wings and camaraderie! We will start around 8:30--again, all UMHB fans are welcome!

www.reys62.com

Hope to see some of you there.
Reloading--Again, and again, and again....

Teamski

Once again, good luck to the Crusaders this weekend!  Hit 'em hard!!  We will be cheering you on!

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Kelly Boggs

I can't get ESPN3 at home, but I can access it at my office. I know where I will be tomorrow afternoon.  8-) 

Go Cru!

Up with the Purple!
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

umhbalum

I can't wait for the ame tomorrow! I am concerned about our kicking game. We cannot afford to miss extra points and short FG's tomorrow.

Teamski

Quote from: Teamski on December 07, 2012, 01:22:54 PM
Once again, good luck to the Crusaders this weekend!  Hit 'em hard!!  We will be cheering you on!

-Ski

Cool, I got marked down twice for this comment.  That is class.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Kelly Boggs

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on December 07, 2012, 01:50:47 PM
I can't get ESPN3 at home, but I can access it at my office. I know where I will be tomorrow afternoon.  8-) 

Go Cru!

Up with the Purple!

I'm with you, Teamski, I got dinged for this as well.  ::)  Lol! I'm just glad the vast majority of D3 players/teams exhibit more class than some of their fans.

+k for you, Teamski

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

yessir

Dings are overrated!!!! Cool cloudy day in Alliance...hopefully the rain will hold off and we can see a good clean game between 2 of the best teams in D3!!! Of course with UMHB taking home the victory!!! GO CRU!!!
Walking on thin ice cuz someone lost......again.