MBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Oxy'03SalemPavers, March 10, 2005, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scandihoovian

Thanks, Castle - but I can't claim it totally as my own.  I think the idea started with one of the PP posters, possibly DJ Hyphen.

Die Hard-

I know Thousand Oaks is a long drive from Temecula, but you can be our number one road fan when we play out at PP, CMS, LaVerne and Redlands :)

scandihoovian

BTW-

I was checking out the CLU Sports site tonight and noticed they have the new roster posted.  Hodges will be missed, but it looks like they did successfully recruit some new big men.  Nice to see - helps feed the preseason optimism  :)

castle

It looks like the CLU coaching staff was busy last year; bringing in 5 freshmen from out-of-state...CO, WA, NV, AZ, OR.
"Dive for loose balls"

castle

Here are my predictions for '05-06...
CMS 10-4
La Verne 9-5
P-P 9-5
OXY 9-5
CLU 8-6
Redlands 6-8
Whittier 5-9

La Verne has a very explosive backcourt, but I think CMS will have too much defense and experience and will win a close SCIAC race.  P-P, OXY, and CLU will need some surprises to win this year.

POY should be between Greenlee & Hollo.
"Dive for loose balls"

scandihoovian

Interesting thoughts Castle, I hope the Kingsmen are better than 8-6 this year although they're young and I know CMS, PP and LaVerne will be tough.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's 10 days until practice starts...

David Collinge

Castle, your predictions only add up to a composite record of 56-42, leaving 14 losses (and no wins) unaccounted for. 

Also, you left out CalTech.

Oh.

(as Emily Litella)  Never mind.   :D

scandihoovian

David-

Thanks for sharing your stream of consciousness with us - great for a laugh on a Wednesday morning.

diehardfan

Quote from: scandihoovian on September 26, 2005, 08:20:50 PM
I know Thousand Oaks is a long drive from Temecula, but you can be our number one road fan when we play out at PP, CMS, LaVerne and Redlands :)

An interesting thought... I guess it just depends on how controversial I want to be?  ;)

Quote from: David Collinge on October 05, 2005, 02:17:29 PM
Castle, your predictions only add up to a composite record of 56-42, leaving 14 losses (and no wins) unaccounted for.

Also, you left out CalTech.

Oh.

(as Emily Litella) Never mind. :D

David, you're terrible! Don't be dissing me new team!  >:( :P :D

Cal tech, Wheaton with all our player losses, who will have a worse record next year?  :o

Incidentally, hi from Cali!  :) :) :)

Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Mr. Ypsi

April,

I'd say that's a pretty easy pick!  As long as Bill Harris* is around, they could lose ALL their 'returning' players each year and still beat Cal Tech (and probably North Park)!  Though if the 'extra' losses they appear to have suffered prove true, they may be looking at 6th or 7th in CCIW.

*I'd say that CLEARLY the 3 best coaches in the CCIW are Bosko (I have no idea how to spell or pronounce his full name - the NP national-title guy, now at Carthage), Trost, and Harris - and I have no idea in which order to put them.

bballfan2

Castle,
P-P 9-5??? Come on, you've got to be kidding. There are better odd of them going 14-0 then 9-5 and finishing in a tie with La Verne. CMS strong Defense and experience, they have less experience then PP and with only 4 returnees who played big minutes back, one of whom is a shooter and a weak defender, where do you come up with that...awful picks awful

castle

bballfan2-

We'll have to wait and see about the predictions.  At least mine predictions total the correct amount; unlike yours which totals 64-49...?  And how does Whittier go 7-8?

You might be right about the experience of PP, but I think the loss of Lloyd and Terrance will be the main factor.  For CMS the key will be Parsons and Taylor-both returning all-league players.

Either way it will be fun to watch.
"Dive for loose balls"

Petey Fan

Regarding PP-- Lloyd is back. He was granted another year because of medical redshirt...

scandihoovian

Which year did he get a medical redshirt?

He's a great player, but I wouldn't have been disappointed not to see him again...

diehardfan

Right, so, uhm, my new buddy and housemate went to California Lutheran, played soccer there, and was even the captain her senior year I believe.... so, I guess that whole debate is decided in your favor guys! Go uhm... what is your guys mascots again? (don't worry Pat, I do still remember where one can find that)  :D ;) ;D
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

bballfan2

Castle,

I stick by my final standing predictions and if you read the post right before them, I acknowledge that those are just ball park records and that I wasn't going to take the time to balance them out.  That said, the loss of Norman-Terrance is a big one for the sagecocks, but Petey Fan seems pretty confident about his new guy, so hopefully that will pan out.