MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pete

Someone needs to do a playoff bracket competition for the weird foods that humans of various stripes eat with pride.  Lutefisk and haggis would be my early front-runners, but I'm sure there are other contenders.

matblake

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 09, 2018, 01:56:34 PM
Knowing Swedes, they probably don't. They'd can it and let it ferment into a foul-smelling semi-liquid, or they'd gelatinize it by curing it in lye for a winter.

And then they would lie to your face and say that the sauce makes it taste better.

Pistol Pete

Quote from: Pistol Pete on April 09, 2018, 02:27:51 PM
Someone needs to do a playoff bracket competition for the weird foods that humans of various stripes eat with pride.  Lutefisk and haggis would be my early front-runners, but I'm sure there are other contenders.

Chitterlings and escargot probably also belong in the bracket.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: matblake on April 09, 2018, 03:23:28 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 09, 2018, 01:56:34 PM
Knowing Swedes, they probably don't. They'd can it and let it ferment into a foul-smelling semi-liquid, or they'd gelatinize it by curing it in lye for a winter.

And then they would lie to your face and say that the sauce makes it taste better.

Ha! Yep.

Quote from: Pistol Pete on April 09, 2018, 02:27:51 PM

Here's the winner of your playoff bracket: surströmming. I've been in the vicinity when a can of surströmming was opened, and I can only describe the odor as being what a dumpster in a heat wave would smell like if it was full of cat food and used Pampers.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

I have been craving Ann Sather cinnamon rolls all day, but the last few posts ended that.

Titan Q

Per his Twitter account, St. Viator's Peter Lambesis has picked IWU -- 6-3, lefty combo guard who is very athletic and a strong defender.

https://twitter.com/_plambo/status/983532057581309952

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/12/recruiting-report-peter-lambesis-2018/

tomt4525

McHenry 6'4" F, Gavin Markgraff, has committed to Illinois Wesleyan.

iwu70

Noe sure looks like a good 3-point shooter. 

Need some new bigs!   

'70

Titan Q

Ron Rose and the Titans have landed Matt Leritz, a 6-7 PF from St. Louis U High.  Leritz averaged 16.2 ppg and 9.6 rpg this year and has been one of IWU's top recruiting targets.  He is a very skilled post who is good down low, but can also step out and shoot the 3 (made 33 3s this year).

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4243018/Matt-Leritz

https://www.prephoops.com/2016/12/prospect-watch-matt-leritz-2018/

iwu70

Looks pretty good.  Needs to bulk up a bit.  Nice left hand.

Bring on more new bigs!    :)

'70

newCCIWfan

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: newCCIWfan on April 19, 2018, 10:44:37 AM
Any info on non-IWU recruits?

Yeah, but you have to check the other conference boards for those!  ::) :P ;D :D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

newCCIWfan

AndOne

CARTHAGE "RECRUIT"?

Saw a release from St. Francis HS in Wheaton, IL re their 2017-2018 athletes who have "signed" with colleges. The release indicates that 6'5" 226 pound PF Noah Howard, has "signed" with Carthage. He is pictured in the article wearing a Carthage shirt. However, in checking several possible sources, I was unable to find much about him other than his being listed on the SF roster. It doesn't appear that he was ever a starter, or that he played more than a few minutes in the games in which he did appear. I was unable to find any type of stat line on him.
Perhaps this is a player who is the D3 equivalent of a walk-on in that he basically recruited himself to Carthage and, having been on his high school team, decided to give basketball at the next level a shot?