FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: Scots13 on October 02, 2017, 12:57:44 PM
jk, you're spot on in regards to Greensboro being the worst team in the South Region.  They've had some lackluster performances over the years, but this year takes the cake. After looking at the roster and seeing who had the ball in their hands most of the game, hats off to the freshmen and sophomores that have taken the beatings for ol' GC.  Didn't seem like they quit or threw in the towel--got to feel bad for the kids in that situation. Greensboro needs to look at the Guilford model to right the ship.

I'd heard rumblings after the loss to NCWC and the rumors were true. MC had a ton of kids serving 1st half suspensions. Not sure what the issue was after the NCWC game, but kudos to Coach Hayes for laying down the law.  MC has a relatively young team, but I hope the team responds and gets going back on track.  MC has a week off then it's off to Montgomery. Hoping we can break the streak.
Looking at scores this year, I understand why Greensboro opted out of the Soup Bowl with Guilford after a 20 year run  ...  not sure when, or if, it will return.  After a cumulative 198-13 score in 2014-2016, the game was doing very little to prepare the Quakers for ODAC play or a potential NCAA bid in 2015.  I sincerely hope Greensboro can find ways to strengthen their program.

jknezek

Quote from: Scots13 on October 02, 2017, 12:57:44 PM
jk, you're spot on in regards to Greensboro being the worst team in the South Region.  They've had some lackluster performances over the years, but this year takes the cake. After looking at the roster and seeing who had the ball in their hands most of the game, hats off to the freshmen and sophomores that have taken the beatings for ol' GC.  Didn't seem like they quit or threw in the towel--got to feel bad for the kids in that situation. Greensboro needs to look at the Guilford model to right the ship.

I'd heard rumblings after the loss to NCWC and the rumors were true. MC had a ton of kids serving 1st half suspensions. Not sure what the issue was after the NCWC game, but kudos to Coach Hayes for laying down the law.  MC has a relatively young team, but I hope the team responds and gets going back on track.  MC has a week off then it's off to Montgomery. Hoping we can break the streak.

To be fair, that wasn't actually me, though I probably had the same opinion. The Kickoff guys ranked Greensboro last in the South Region and deserve the recognition.

Hawks88

Huntingdon's best defensive game so far this season I think. Defense was outstanding outside of Bowman breaking the 79 yarder in the 4th quarter. Chip Taylor's 69 TD yd run to answer right after that to ice the game was awesome. Our offense was the side to take advantage of the big plays as our 3 TD's were for 91, 74, and 69 yds.

Big one at home next week against Maryville to try to stay atop the conference.

Go Hawks!

gridironsouthernboy

Greensboro is building from the ground up with their new coach.  Had over 50 Freshman on this years roster. We visited due to its location and really liked the school and Head coach. Believe me , he made a great pitch to the kids and was very aggressive in recruiting. He didnt sugar coat it either. Told us they had plans for an on campus stadium.  If they give him time and he can upgrade his staff,  Greensboro has a lot to offer a kid.

hasanova

Quote from: gridironsouthernboy on October 09, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
Greensboro is building from the ground up with their new coach.  Had over 50 Freshman on this years roster. We visited due to its location and really liked the school and Head coach. Believe me , he made a great pitch to the kids and was very aggressive in recruiting. He didnt sugar coat it either. Told us they had plans for an on campus stadium.  If they give him time and he can upgrade his staff,  Greensboro has a lot to offer a kid.
To be honest, they've been pitching the on campus stadium idea for a while now.  Hope they get it ... tough to play at Grimsley with so many unsold seats.  It's good for everyone in the USASAC and, for that matter, in the ODAC, if Greensboro builds their program up.

Hawks88

Excellent win for the Hawks today. Very proud of the way this team has pulled together as the season has progressed. With the young guys buying in and learning what's expected this is becoming a solid team and isn't the same team as week one against Guilford.
Open date next week is a chance to rest up and get some guys healthy before a trip to Greensboro the week after.

Go Hawks!

DGPugh

Hawes Hope yall are well
Just watching em on the computer this year. We might try and ride over and see a game toward the last game this year

the first game was bothersome... but i believe you are right on the numbers
keep safe
keep the faith
Go Hawks
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

Subway Alum

After a scare against Virginia-Lynchburg last week at home--homecoming, to boot--Brevard took care of Methodist nicely on Saturday.  The coaches did some good work with the offense during the week; the freshman offensive line seems to be coming together.  Quarterback O'Shea Carter was back on his game after some trouble against Va.-Lynchburg that might (no inside information here) have been due to a few injuries not collectively enough to keep him out.  We get to see yet another new opponent, Ferrum, at home this week and will see what kind of momentum a two-game winning streak can produce.  It's been a long time since Brevard has won two football games in a row! . . . I'm enjoying the availability of steaming video provided by most of the USA South schools, especially since Brevard's local radio station has dropped covering away games as it did when the Tornados were Division II. . . . Seemingly, Brevard can only get better as this year's freshman get more experience, although it's upperclassmen catching most of the passes and spearheading the defense.  . . . This program probably should have been Division III from the restart of football in 2006, but geography apparently got in the way and Presbyterian's spot in the SAC was too attractive to pass up.

Subway Alum

DG Pugh:  If you're connected with the Compughter Rankings website, it's fantastic! 

Hawes Hope yall are well
Just watching em on the computer this year. We might try and ride over and see a game toward the last game this year

the first game was bothersome... but i believe you are right on the numbers
keep safe
keep the faith
Go Hawks

Hawks88

Hawks take care of business in Greensboro. I was nervous as sometimes in the past we haven't been too sharp coming off the bye week but that wasn't the case here. The offense was solid for the most part and the defense was terrific. It was late in the second before Greensboro got their initial first down and 75 of their total yards of offense were on their TD drive in the third after we started subbing liberally.
Good to see a lot of young guys get in. Freshman QB Lambert got his first action and threw a nice TD to fellow freshman Hawkins in the third. Future looking good for the Hawks.
Senior day next week at home against Methodist.

Go Hawks!

hasanova

Quote from: Hawks88 on October 29, 2017, 09:44:48 AM
Hawks take care of business in Greensboro. I was nervous as sometimes in the past we haven't been too sharp coming off the bye week but that wasn't the case here. The offense was solid for the most part and the defense was terrific. It was late in the second before Greensboro got their initial first down and 75 of their total yards of offense were on their TD drive in the third after we started subbing liberally.
Good to see a lot of young guys get in. Freshman QB Lambert got his first action and threw a nice TD to fellow freshman Hawkins in the third. Future looking good for the Hawks.

Go Hawks!
Congratulations, Hawks88.  I'd say you are well on your way to the USASAC title.

Hawks88

Quote from: hasanova on October 29, 2017, 10:39:51 AM

Go Hawks!
Congratulations, Hawks88.  I'd say you are well on your way to the USASAC title.
Thanks, Hasa. Yesterday did clinch a share of the title but we don't want to share it. We did have a few mistakes that were enough to keep us from being satisfied with ourselves. Several turnovers and a couple of penalties that could have been avoided. I'm wondering how Methodist gave Ferrum so much trouble yesterday but if our defense keeps doing what they have been we should be okay.
Hopefully your guys can win out. I'm not sure if you still have a scenario where you get into a tie where you would get the AQ?  I don't think there is any way we can get the home game away from Berry but I'll take the relatively short drive to Rome over last year's trip to Wheaton anytime. ;)

hasanova

Quote from: Hawks88 on October 29, 2017, 11:02:02 AM
Quote from: hasanova on October 29, 2017, 10:39:51 AM

Go Hawks!
Thanks, Hasa. Yesterday did clinch a share of the title but we don't want to share it. We did have a few mistakes that were enough to keep us from being satisfied with ourselves. Several turnovers and a couple of penalties that could have been avoided. I'm wondering how Methodist gave Ferrum so much trouble yesterday but if our defense keeps doing what they have been we should be okay.
Hopefully your guys can win out. I'm not sure if you still have a scenario where you get into a tie where you would get the AQ?  I don't think there is any way we can get the home game away from Berry but I'll take the relatively short drive to Rome over last year's trip to Wheaton anytime. ;)
If I understand it correctly, HC needs at least a split with Methodist and LaGrange to garner the USAC title outright.  I think the Hawks will accomplish that goal.  Huntingdon's record makes Guilford's win in Montgomery look even better since HC hasn't faltered since that Sept. 2 game.  Does look as though you're traveling to Rome, GA.

Speaking of the Quakers, there is a scenario where we can still finish in a 4-2 tie, i.e. where A beat B, B beat C and C beat A.  Lots of discussion about the final tie-breaker since head to head would be off the table.   Five ODAC teams (W&L, SU, HSC, RMC and GC) at 3-1 or 2-2, but W&L and SU meet week 11 as do HSC and RMC.  Should be a little clearer after Nov. 4.  Obviously, the Quakers need to beat both RMC and E&H at home in Greensboro and hope for some help.             

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

DGPugh

Enjoyed the game today (between the streaming on the computer and playing in the shop).
I just hope we can whip LaGrange and go into the  playoffs on a high note.
Keep the faith and Go Hawks, y'all  :D
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11