FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks88

Hawks really put it together in all phases today getting 660 yds of offense and holding Methodist to 242. Hope we can stay focused and take care of business at LaGrange next week and head into the post season on a good note.

Go Hawks!

Scots13

I've been quiet recently--lots of things going on at the office and at the house. C'est la vie.

Couple things:
It's beyond embarrassing to take a loss to Averett when they don't even score a touchdown. Absolutely sickening.  I hope they realize that is simply unacceptable. What's also unacceptable is the multiple 15 yard penalties we seem to get EARN on any given Saturday.  I can take losses. I can take getting flat out beat. But the product we've put on the field this year is disgraceful. No leadership. No drive. No want-to.  We have one more Saturday--we need to get our head's out of yall-know-where to make sure 2017 isn't a .500 season.

We played a 9-0/nationally ranked Berry down to the wire and lost by 2 yards. Lost to Averett on 4 FGs. Whipped yet again in Rocky Mount. I can't figure it out.

Congrats to the Hawks for winning another USA South title (but I won't congratulate you guys on extending the streak against us!)
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

BerryViking92

Quote from: Scots13 on November 06, 2017, 04:36:12 PM
I've been quiet recently--lots of things going on at the office and at the house. C'est la vie.

Couple things:
It's beyond embarrassing to take a loss to Averett when they don't even score a touchdown. Absolutely sickening.  I hope they realize that is simply unacceptable. What's also unacceptable is the multiple 15 yard penalties we seem to get EARN on any given Saturday.  I can take losses. I can take getting flat out beat. But the product we've put on the field this year is disgraceful. No leadership. No drive. No want-to.  We have one more Saturday--we need to get our head's out of yall-know-where to make sure 2017 isn't a .500 season.

We played a 9-0/nationally ranked Berry down to the wire and lost by 2 yards. Lost to Averett on 4 FGs. Whipped yet again in Rocky Mount. I can't figure it out.

Congrats to the Hawks for winning another USA South title (but I won't congratulate you guys on extending the streak against us!)

I thought y'all looked really good in week one and told someone Maryville would run it's conference schedule.  There is talent there for sure but something went wrong.  Maybe just bad team chemistry or lack of leadership?  Maryville has a strong athletic program ... it will get turned around soon.

Scots13

I'll say lack of leadership. We returned all 11 of defense--I thought we'd be able to nurse along a QB and the offense for a couple weeks on the back of our defense, but that's not been the case. I would take 14-10 wins all year long. I think we all would.
Much of the 2 deep is made up of Juniors and Sophomores, so hopefully next year we can get back on track. Several talented freshmen.

To use words from Butch Jones, we need some leadership reps in the off-season.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Hawks88

Hawks take down Lagrange 27-17 but that score is much closer than it really was. It was 27-3 with <5 minutes left when LC drove down and scored on our backups then got the onside kick and scored on a long pass the first play after. Still don't know why they didn't go for two after those TD's since it could have made it a one score game if they had made them? Weird.
We may have lost QB Chip Taylor for the playoffs with an injury the first possession of the game. Preston Samoden did a solid job in his place so we could still be in good shape.

Going on the assumption that we are headed to Berry next week and anxiously waiting until 4:30 tomorrow to find out for sure.

Go Hawks!

DGPugh

Haks
looks like we missed all the action. We drove over to AU to see some friends, and got back just in time to see the end of the game.
Hate that about the QB
I hope we can do well in Rome. Keep the faith
Go Hawks
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

DGPugh

Hawks
Hawks
i need to proof...sorry
and....
I pray you did not cast any 'dispersions' at the LaGrange folk :)
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

Hawks88

Didn't 'besmirch' any LC folks today. Can't say the same of the officials. They kinda didn't keep good control of the game in the second half and it was getting a little chippy for a while there.

And can't believe what AU is doing to UGA right now. War Eagle!

Ralph Turner

War Eagle.

I was at DFW airport and sat at the bar in TGIFriday's for a quick bite.  Sure 'nuff the guy next to me was an Auburn alum.

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: Hawks88 on November 11, 2017, 05:55:18 PM
Hawks take down Lagrange 27-17 but that score is much closer than it really was. It was 27-3 with <5 minutes left when LC drove down and scored on our backups then got the onside kick and scored on a long pass the first play after. Still don't know why they didn't go for two after those TD's since it could have made it a one score game if they had made them? Weird.
We may have lost QB Chip Taylor for the playoffs with an injury the first possession of the game. Preston Samoden did a solid job in his place so we could still be in good shape.

Going on the assumption that we are headed to Berry next week and anxiously waiting until 4:30 tomorrow to find out for sure.

Go Hawks!

Hate to hear the news on Taylor, what was the nature of his injury?  Sounds serious if you think he shouldn't be available Saturday.

Hawks88

Quote from: BerryCollegeFan on November 13, 2017, 04:52:44 PM
Quote from: Hawks88 on November 11, 2017, 05:55:18 PM

Go Hawks!

Hate to hear the news on Taylor, what was the nature of his injury?  Sounds serious if you think he shouldn't be available Saturday.
I had originally included the injury Saturday but decided to remove it. I didn't want it to be general knowledge just in case but I'm sure some people saw it before I took it out. During/after the game on Saturday I would never think he would be available this week but he did an interview with a local TV station Sunday at the selection show viewing and said that he would be ready Saturday. I've posted several times during the season the toughness he has displayed so I wouldn't put it past him. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

hasanova

Hawks88, congratulations ... 9 wins in a row and the USASAC championship.  Good luck against Berry ... hope everyone is healthy and ready to go!

Hawks88

Thanks, Hasa. We're hoping everyone can healthy enough to be ready to go on Saturday.

hasanova

Quote from: Hawks88 on November 13, 2017, 10:40:36 PM
Thanks, Hasa. We're hoping everyone can healthy enough to be ready to go on Saturday.
Me, too.  Hoping you make the trip to Guilford next September also.