MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old ends

Weekly release is in Congrats to Georgio Milligan, F & M, Conference player of the week.

view the rest here:http://www.centennial.org/basketball/2009/MBK_1208.pdf
enjoy

d3hoopsfan

Good for him-It's good to see a mix of upperclassmen and underclassmen on the honor roll.  It looks like there are some quality freshman in Milligan(FM), Liddic (Mules), and Sarris-Grau(McD)

ne-ball

d3hoops...there are other good freshman who will surface that are not getting deserved  minutesyet. stay tuned.

r.w. mcnickels

12/9 pick:
Moravian in a close one

12/10 pick:
F&M

Still kicking myself for picking Gettysburg over Ursinus.  Kevin Small has shown time and again that he knows how to beat the Princeton offense - the games haven't been close.

The Sho'men and Fords also came up big this weekend, along with the surprising Dips.  Looking forward to the nightly wars in conference play come January.

ne-ball

r.w. mcnickels

Ursinus jumps up to No. 12 in this week's Top 25, while Gettysburg slips to No. 15.

http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/

D-Mac or anyone in the know:  Are the three Mid-Atlantic voters still the same as when the poll started?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

r.w. mcnickels if you are refering to back when the poll first started, the answer is no. I am not sure the turnover and I am not sure who the original three where. I also don't know who all the voters are from the Mid-Atlantic, so there could be more than three! Realize that may not actually help you! :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CCbball#1

Anybody know what has happened to Dickinson so far this year? it certainly seemed on paper they would be better than the showing they had against Washington. Also, what is everybody seeing with F&M so far? I have a feeling their win against Hopkins may be a bit inflated, even with it being as hard as it is to win down in Baltimore, because Hopkins just does not have the firepower they used to, not to mention only one good forward in Farber Miller to run their system instead instead of the two the usually have. I can't see F&M sustaining what they have been doing so far because they are so young and have a played a relatively easy schedule. This league has been known to punish younger players going around the second time in the league schedule due to the amount of scouting done. Thoughts?

Gabriel

Although I haven't seen them yet, I think F&M will be a playoff team this year.  The reports are they are young, yes, but they are also athletic and well balanced.

Gabriel

Quote from: ne-ball on December 08, 2008, 08:39:42 PM
d3hoops...there are other good freshman who will surface that are not getting deserved  minutesyet. stay tuned.

I agree.  Freshmen will see little playing time at Gettysburg, Ursinus,  Dickinson or other veteran teams.  Mike Walther at Ursinus is going to be very good but will be coming off the bench this year.  Probably a starter as a sophomore if he earns it.

ne-ball

yes, D3, and there are others. it will be interesting to see who might step up this season as a freshman with lots of up side.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: r.w. mcnickels on December 09, 2008, 02:56:40 PM
D-Mac or anyone in the know:  Are the three Mid-Atlantic voters still the same as when the poll started?

One of the original three Mid-Atlantic voters is still around. There aren't many people who have voted for all 10 years.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

old ends

Ouch

December 9
Moravian 61, Swarthmore 59

At least to myself and Unique

old ends

F & M  won so therefore to make life easy

Unique and I are 1 - 1 for the picks and the rest of you brilliant tellers of the basketball world are 2 - 0

Hence-forth
overall standings 1st half

Diplomanic1           17  -  3 (.850)
ne-ball                 21  -  4 (.840)
r.w.mcnickels         21  -  5 (.808)
Reserved Seat       20  -  5 (.800)
Brce4                   20  -  5 (.800)
D.B.Cooper            19  -  6 (.760)
old ends               19  -  6 (.760)
Dipsetdynasty       18  -  8 (.692)
UniqueNewYork     10  -  7 (.588)
Gabriel                  2  -  0 (1.000)

old ends

1st half pick-ems for 12/13 and 12/15

12/13
Gettysburg    at    Widener

12/15
Wesley          at     Washington
Moravian       at     Muhlenberg

enjoy