Previous topic - Next topic

r.w. mcnickels

2/6 picks:

F&M
Muhlenberg
McDaniel
Ursinus
Gettysburg

Who knows, it could be time for McNally and Baker to lead F&M to a big road win.  Almost picked Dickinson after two razor close wins for the Devils, but decided on the Bullets and their big guns.

diplomaniac1

Fellow Centennial Conference Fans -

Here are my selections for tonight's 2/6 Pick-ems:

F&M @ Johns Hopkins:     Diplomats. This one of the two fairly difficult games to pick. Heart says pick F&M and head says pick the Blue Jays. However, except for F&M's poor road record, the remainder of the season statistics (scoring offense, rebounding, three-pointers, defense, etc.) suggest a slight edge for the Diplomats. So, I will go with my heart and hope that the Dips can finally get the monkey off their backs and deliver that long awaited and very important conference road win. Dips always play well at Goldfarb.

Haverford @ Muhlenberg:   Mules. Mules are always tough in cavernous Memorial Hall in Allentown. It is a difficult place to play with an apparent poor (very dark) shooting background and real loud and unruly local fans from the town. Fords have a weak road record and just can't seem to get it together despite of the best efforts of Chaz.

McDaniel @ Swarthmore:   Green Terror. This one shouldn't even be close. However, the Garnet always seems to hang around and keep most games close. They don't appear to have much bench or support for Ian. Terror should also out-physical Swarthmore.

Washington @ Ursinus:   Ursinus. Golden Bears may lose in conference. However, tonight is not the night for that to happen! There's nothing else to say here.

Dickinson @ Gettysburg:   Gettysburg. This is the second fairly difficult game in which to make a prediction. Should be a real battle inside and a close good game. I just think the Bullets have too much gunpowder for the Red Devils, especially at Bream.

Well, there goes nothing. The above deranged musings represents another weak attempt by me to climb up the ladder in the rankings. I won't get to Baltimore tonight because I would have to spend almost seven hours roundtrip from southwest-central PA in the car for two hours of gametime. That's a real tough trade-off during the work week. It would be after midnight before I got back home. Now, on the weekend, that type of trip would be a slightly different story!

Good luck to all teams, fans, and prognosticators. Regards,

Eric

old ends

Pick-em's for 02/09/08

Gettysburg      @  Muhlenberg
McDaniel         @  Ursinus
F & M             @  Washington
John  Hopkins  @  Haverford
Dickinson          @  Swarthmore

Diplomanic1  Your weekly ramble was again but forth with much thought and insite. Hopefully your logic will prove positive for the effort.

Will post results from tonight games tomorrow.

Leo

Picks for 2/9

Gettysburg
John Hopkins
Ursinus
Dickenson
F&M

old ends

Results of 2/6/08 pick-em's

Leo                 5 - 0
Suetonius         5 - 0
Old Ends           5 - 0
Diplomanic1      4 - 1
r.w.mcnickels    4 - 1
Reserved Seat   3 - 2

Overall

Reserved Seat     36 - 9 (.800)
r.w.mcnickels       36 - 9 (.800)
Leo                    34 - 11(.756)
old ends              33 - 12(.733)
Suetonius            31 - 14(.689)
Diplomanic1         19 - 11(.633)

congrats to Leo, Suetonius, and old ends a perfect 5 - 0.. I personally took someone's crystal ball that week..I wish!!

overall with 5 sets of games to go --- it is still up for grabs..

good luck with 2/9 pick-em's listed above

old ends

With 5 games to go F & M  and Dickinson may be falling out of the race. This week is the battle of the Berg's( Burg's) with the Muhls needing it at home to stay in the playoff hunt. McDaniel has the tough game taking on Ursinus at the Bears home court. The Terror also need to win, but it could prove to be a tougher task of the top teams this Saturday.

F & M finishes out with two home games which could come into play in the overall playoff picture. No one else in the Conference has that at season's end.

Also any All Conference picks from any of you.. I am going to look at the stats Sunday and throw a few names out.

D.B. Cooper

2/9 picks

Muhlenberg
Ursinus
Washington
JHU
Dickinson

old ends

Picks for 2/9

Muhlenberg-- The battle of the Bergs(Burgs). This time at home for the Mules who won the boards
                      but did not shoot well.. Maybe better at home. They need to keep winning.
Ursinus
Washington--F & M's road record equals Washington's home record and the last time they only lost
                       by eight and F & M shot the lights out.
Hopkins
Dickinson-- Only because they need the win to jump ahead of F & M

Good luck to all!!!

Reserved Seat

Having trouble with my internet connection.  I thought I already posted my picks for 2/9, but when I looked today they weren't there. 
Second try-same picks, so they won't be any better than the first try.

Gettysburg
Ursinus
F & M
John  Hopkins
Dickinson

diplomaniac1

My Picks for 2/9:

Gettysburg @ Muhlenberg   -   Gettysburg. Toughest game to pick. I take the team with the better overall record to best the team with a strong home record.

Hopkins @ Haverford   -   Hopkins. Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said about the Fords.

McDaniel @ Ursinus   -   Ursinus. Golden Bears at home have too much firepower for the Green Terror.

Dickinson @ Swarthmore   -   Dickinson.

F&M @ Washington   -   F&M. Tunnel-vision with the Dips still having time to get a road win. What better place to do it than against the Shoremen in Chestertown?!?

Can't imagine that these picks are any better than those that I have made over the last two weeks. May try to see the F&M game and have crabcakes for dinner.

Good luck to all. Regards.

Eric

r.w. mcnickels

2/9 picks:

Muhlenberg
Johns Hopkins
Ursinus
Dickinson
Washington

old ends

Boy there is going to be some changes this week.

Ursinus, Dickinson, and John Hopkins became everyone's choice. Now the fun part. Those who picked Gettysburg also Picked F & M. While those who picked Muhlenberg also picked Washington. It could work out that nothing changes or there may be a whole lot of shaken going on..

Will find out by Saturday Night.

old ends

Results of 02/09/08 pick-em's

diplomanic1      5 - 0
Leo                 5 - 0
Reserved Seat   5 - 0
Suetonius         3 - 2
r.w.mcnickels    3 - 2
old ends           3 - 2

Overall
Reserved Seat     41 - 9  (.820)
Leo                    39 - 11(.780)
r.w.mcnickels       39 - 11(.780)
old ends              36 - 14(.720)
diplomanic1          24 - 11(.685)
Suetonius            34 - 16(.680)

Congrats to Leo, diplomanic1, and Reserved Seat for a perfect 5 - 0 for todays games.

The games were tight-- John Hopkins and Dickinson both needed overtime to win. Ursinus and Gettysburg had narrow victories. F & M won big time.

old ends

Pick-em's for 02/13/08

Gettysburg          @  John Hopkins
Ursinus                @  F & M
Haverford            @  Washington
McDaniel              @  Dickinson
Muhlenberg         @  Swarthmore

The next 4 sets of games really start to set the playoff's Ursinus and Gettysburg are in. Hopkins, McDaniel, and Muhlenberg are in control of thier own playoff berth's, if they can win out. F & M and Dickinson must win out to get a shot.

F & M has Ursinus at home, Haverford away, Gettysburg at home, and Dickinson at home for what could be a playoff spot.
Dickinson has McDaniel at home, Ursinus at home, Muhlenberg at home, and F & M away.

Thoughts???