Future of Division III

Started by Ralph Turner, October 10, 2005, 07:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightstalker

Quote from: downbythebeach on January 13, 2006, 01:05:48 PM
Coach C,

Not a big fan of non scholly football, ey?
Yet you're on a D-3 board.

If you have seen LaSalle and Georgetown play football you wouldn't say that.  NJCU could still beat them in football and we haven't had a team in three years.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Warren Thompson

Quote from: downbythebeach on January 13, 2006, 01:05:48 PM
Coach C,

Not a big fan of non scholly football, ey?
Yet you're on a D-3 board.

I suspect C isn't a fan of D3 football masquerading as D1. (Nor, possibly, is he a fan of D1 football played at the D3 level.  ;))

As to D3 football played in D3, I'd bet he's very much a fan.

smedindy

LaSalle lost to a Catholic team that rushed for negative yardage in the game. I'm sure LaSalle, et. al. would still be D-3 in football if allowed. I don't think that rule was aimed at them, per se. (**cough**DAYTON**cough)

David Collinge

Quote from: Warren Thompson on January 13, 2006, 03:28:18 PM(Nor, possibly, is he a fan of D1 football played at the D3 level.  ;))

Oh come on, who does that?   ::)

Coach C

downbythebeach -

REALLYYYYYY?????  Gee, in the nine frigging years I have been coming here I always thought it was a cooking website.

Gosh, I had NO IDEA.

C

And it IS terrible football.  Having been involved with D3 programs for some time I will tell you that many many D3 teams can beat these D1AAA programs.

C

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Coach C on January 14, 2006, 08:33:04 AMREALLYYYYYY?????  Gee, in the nine frigging years I have been coming here I always thought it was a cooking website.

I guess that this would explain why I keep waiting in vain for April's kimchi and spam recipes to appear.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 14, 2006, 02:32:28 PM
Quote from: Coach C on January 14, 2006, 08:33:04 AMREALLYYYYYY?????  Gee, in the nine frigging years I have been coming here I always thought it was a cooking website.

I guess that this would explain why I keep waiting in vain for April's kimchi and spam recipes to appear.

Greg: Kimchi and SPAM together sounds pretty much like a weapon of mass destruction. Does one prepare it in a lead-lined crock-pot while wearing a biohazard suit?

Knightstalker

We experimented with Kimchee and spam on our sub, we had to shoot the result out the torpedo tubes off the coast of the former Soviet Union.  It almost caused an international incident.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

David Collinge

If it's one of April's recipes, wouldn't it be for kimchi and Spam cookies:P

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Warren Thompson on January 14, 2006, 02:45:28 PMGreg: Kimchi and SPAM together sounds pretty much like a weapon of mass destruction. Does one prepare it in a lead-lined crock-pot while wearing a biohazard suit?

Well, I guess we'll never know, since Coach C has just informed us that this isn't a cooking website. Why am I always the last to know these things?

Just think of all the hours we've wasted here in vain, Warren. You're going to have to resume your search somewhere else for those ultimate scrapple and fried baloney recipes.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Coach C

Actually, cooking information would be WAY preferred to re-opening the Indian nicknames discussion.

C

Mr. Ypsi

Agreed.

Besides, I LIKE fried bologna (though I was underwhelmed by scrapple).

Coach C

Fried bologna on cheap white bread with a little yellow mustard.  The on-my-own lunch of my puberty.  MMMMMMM!  GoooooooooD!

C

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Coach C on January 15, 2006, 02:23:01 AM
Actually, cooking information would be WAY preferred to re-opening the Indian nicknames discussion.

Amen to that. People seemed to be checking their senses of humor at the door when they entered the Indian nicknames discussion. Brings a whole new meaning to the term "tough room".  ;)

Coach C

Greg -

I love a good discussion.  I am a passionate defender of the first amendment.  I think that there are real problems with both racism and political correctness in American society. 

I love talking about those things, especailly in relation to sports.  However, I have NO IDEA what went wrong in that room!!

C