WBB: Centennial Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 24, 2004, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate

Fairly certain they have team, just an abbreviated schedule.  I'm thrilled that they have a young & enthusiastic head coach who will stabilize the program.  As in most things, D3 Women's b'ball is only as strong as it's weakest link - No, repeat No weak links for D3!

Roundball999

Quote from: Reserved Seat on November 08, 2013, 09:49:10 AM
Aren't the last few posts contradictory. No team, interim coach?

Don't think so; seems like there's a team, apparently they're just not competing with a full conference schedule or as a conference member.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

There is a team... they are only playing 14 games at this point... which may not even make them a "team" officially by the NCAA definition since a team has to play a minimum of 18 games - how that will affect the rest of the Centennial who not only has lost a game on their season, but may lose a second game because the opponent doesn't count... is to be determined.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

kate

This all went down so close to the start of the season.  Hopefully the League will work out something so the other ten teams don't have to be adversely affected.  Who knows, since only 18 games are needed, Coach Tyler might be able to get four more games.

sunny

Can't see any reason the games wouldn't count for their opponents. NCAA teams have played non-NCAA teams with fewer than 18 ... I guess you could argue that their games wouldn't count as Division III games.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

And that is the crux of it... if they don't count as Division III games, they don't count towards regional games, SOS, etc., etc., etc.

I am waiting to hear back on the issue... but no one has responded to questions as of yet.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Reserved Seat

Does anyone follow CC women's teams?

CCD3Basketball

Quote from: Reserved Seat on December 05, 2013, 11:29:52 AM
Does anyone follow CC women's teams?

I do.

Hopkins looks like the most complete team right now, while Haverford looks like the best defensive team in the league. The rest of the conference is a crapshoot right now. But, its still early.
Broadcaster. Writer. Analyst. Fan. Voter. Centennial Conference focus, with an eye on D3 as a whole. D3 Basketball runs my life for over a quarter of the year and I have no problems with that. My wife feels differently about that last part.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tonight's Hoopsville (Thursday, January 23) is set to air starting at 7 PM EST. Tune in to hear from Johns Hopkins coach Nancy Funk along with the following guests:

- Transylvania WBB coach Greg Todd
- William Smith WBB coach Lindsay Drury Sharman
- School of the Week: Schreiner and MBB coach Jimmy Smith
- Mount Union MBB coach Michael Fuline
- #25 Dubuque MBB coach Robbie Sieverding

You can tune into Hoopsville on our website or here.

Also don't forget to interact with the show via:
- Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com

And don't forget to consider helping Hoopsville. We have an ongoing fundraising campaign to help improve the show. For more information read our blog story or go to our fundraising website.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

old ends

It has been some time since I have posted here and it looks like no one else has.
With my new computer I hope to be able to watch some games on the video link, as I have been able to with the football games.

Here is the link for the up coming season.

http://www.centennial.org/sports/wbkb/2015-16/schedule

enjoy

kate

Very nice to see your post on here old ends!  More and more we find ourselves relying on live stats & video as well.

old ends

One week to go before the action starts, I hope some of the games video is better than some of the football games I got to watch. Buffering and freezes.

enjoy

old ends

Trying to get caught up on some of the happenings and came across this;

http://www.dickinsonathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2015-16/videos/20151021-hrcetbjy

I have to take a nap after watching..

Enjoy

Reserved Seat

Watched the F&M/Alvernia scrimmage.  F&M had no to counter Alvernia's center.  The first quarter was tied, but after that F&M struggled until putting on a flurry at the end of the 4th quarter.
F&M is still very inexperienced and lost an experienced player to a season ending injury.

old ends

Reserve

I did not see any listings for that game. Was that on F & M web site or just in the local news?