FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDB

So, the spousal unit and I recently watched "Making A Murder 2" and it creeped me out.
Now we just finished "The Ted Bundy Tapes."

BDB = creeped out X 10.

sjusection105

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 25, 2019, 08:01:30 PM
So, the spousal unit and I recently watched "Making A Murder 2" and it creeped me out.

BDB = creeped out X 10.
Dear BDB,
What is it about Wisconsin and serial killers?
*Ed Gein
*David Spanbauer
*Walter Ellis
*Jeffrey Dahmer

Here is some light reading for you.  http://serialkillersofwisconsin.weebly.com/
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

BDB

Ha! Just what I need to further my creep out. All I can say is the east side of the state is a whole 'nother world.

Winona MN. is in fact east of where I live, so I'm in the safe zone.

sjusection105

Oz,
A coworker just texted me,they  have a youth hockey tournament this weekend for his son's team in The Rapids. -31F last night when they checked in. Good news though, this morning it's a balmy -18F  :-\

retagent

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 21, 2019, 03:36:24 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2019, 02:56:08 PM
I can't recall where a blown call like in the LA/NO game actually affected the outcome. Usually they just work their way out in the wash but that one actually changed the result. Does anyone else recall a similar situation?

Oh yes, the original "Hail Mary" pass. Another "No Call" pass interference.(Offensive)

Speculated to be the Vikings best team in that run of playoff years.

The ref that blew the call took a whisky bottle to the head at the end of the game, chucked by a disgruntled fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSnbcZYszbc

That play came to mind almost immediately when I heard about the lawsuit. The clip on you tube you posted does not do justice to the blatant push by Pearson. Was that Kasulke (?)? I couldn't remember if it was Krause or Carl K.

DuffMan

Quote from: sjusection105 on January 26, 2019, 10:00:31 AM
Oz,
A coworker just texted me,they  have a youth hockey tournament this weekend for his son's team in The Rapids. -31F last night when they checked in. Good news though, this morning it's a balmy -18F  :-\

Have you seen the mid-week forecast?  High of -11 F on Wednesday in the cities.  The North country will be unbearable.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

Quote from: DuffMan on January 26, 2019, 10:24:13 AM
Oz,

Have you seen the mid-week forecast?  High of -11 F on Wednesday in the cities.  The North country will be unbearable.

Hot is much more bearable than cold, that's for sure.
[  

sjusection105

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 26, 2019, 04:19:44 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on January 26, 2019, 10:24:13 AM
Oz,

Hot is much more bearable than cold, that's for sure.
On a serious note, make sure your vehicles are equipped with winter survival kits in extreme temperatures like those forecast for next week.

BDB

Quote from: retagent on January 26, 2019, 10:19:46 AM
Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 21, 2019, 03:36:24 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2019, 02:56:08 PM
I can't recall where a blown call like in the LA/NO game actually affected the outcome. Usually they just work their way out in the wash but that one actually changed the result. Does anyone else recall a similar situation?

Oh yes, the original "Hail Mary" pass. Another "No Call" pass interference.(Offensive)

Speculated to be the Vikings best team in that run of playoff years.

The ref that blew the call took a whisky bottle to the head at the end of the game, chucked by a disgruntled fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSnbcZYszbc

That play came to mind almost immediately when I heard about the lawsuit. The clip on you tube you posted does not do justice to the blatant push by Pearson. Was that Kasulke (?)? I couldn't remember if it was Krause or Carl K.

I think the corner that got pushed was Nate Wright, who had Pearson covered like a glove and may well have intercepted the pass or for sure made the play incomplete.

Krause was the Free Safety who was pointing out the obvious penalty. The ref who didn't make the call and took a whiskey bottle to the head was Armen Terzian. For some reason I have always remembered his name.  :P

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 26, 2019, 04:56:44 PM
Krause was the Free Safety who was pointing out the obvious penalty. The ref who didn't make the call and took a whiskey bottle to the head was Armen Terzian. For some reason I have always remembered his name.  :P

I always remember a horrible non-call in AFL by an umpire named Adrian Panozzo who failed to blow the whistle against Tony Lockett here when he caved in the face of Peter Caven with a vicious elbow.  Panozzo was dropped after this game and never reffed at AFL level again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2bIQ0-nCE4

Also, Mrs Oz dated Panozzo while she was in university.  Her tastes have significantly improved.  ;)
[  

kubiack78

Quote from: sjusection105 on January 26, 2019, 05:50:56 AM
Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 25, 2019, 08:01:30 PM

BDB = creeped out X 10.
Dear BDB,
What is it about Wisconsin and serial killers?
*Ed Gein
*David Spanbauer
*Walter Ellis
*Jeffrey Dahmer

Here is some light reading for you.  http://serialkillersofwisconsin.weebly.com/

Walter Ellis died out here in South Dakota while incarcerated at the South Dakota State Penitentiary.  he was a prisoner swap with Wisconsin.  I sat on him (guarded him) in the hospital as he was dying from kidney failure.  Definitely a weird guy. 

57Johnnie

As I mentioned before, our soopers can now sell regular BEER. Hamms $13.99/24 cans, Keystone (for MUC57) $17.99/30 cans. We have snow and cold but the only Leinies they carry is Summer Shandy!
What amazes me is they can't keep it in stock.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

Retired Old Rat

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 26, 2019, 04:56:44 PM

I think the corner that got pushed was Nate Wright, who had Pearson covered like a glove and may well have intercepted the pass or for sure made the play incomplete.

Krause was the Free Safety who was pointing out the obvious penalty. The ref who didn't make the call and took a whiskey bottle to the head was Armen Terzian. For some reason I have always remembered his name.  :E

Yes, Nate Wright.

Armen Terzian is the answer to one of my favorite Minnesota sports trivia questions. I have always remembered that name as well.

National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

MiacMan

Quote from: 57Johnnie on January 27, 2019, 01:23:56 PM
As I mentioned before, our soopers can now sell regular BEER. Hamms $13.99/24 cans, Keystone (for MUC57) $17.99/30 cans. We have snow and cold but the only Leinies they carry is Summer Shandy!

MUC drinks Milwaukee's Best (as do I quite often) Got any of that out there in Rado land? Haven't heard from MUC for a while?

57Johnnie

Quote from: MiacMan on January 28, 2019, 02:55:32 PM
Quote from: 57Johnnie on January 27, 2019, 01:23:56 PM

MUC drinks Milwaukee's Best (as do I quite often) Got any of that out there in Rado land? Haven't heard from MUC for a while?
Have not looked for Milwaukee's Best but I am sure they have it. It was originally brewed by Gettlemans the smallest of Milwaukee's Big Five. By coincidence, many years ago a friend of mine wanted me to partner with him buying a brewery in Theresa WI that made Pioneer Beer (The Beer that made Milwaukee jealous).  The price was right but it only had a functional draft line. The bottling line had to be replaced. There were no buyers and it closed I learned later.
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!