D 3 Job Openings (not to be confused with Hot Seat)

Started by Abitofeverything, November 27, 2017, 11:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything

CarpIsNotAFish

Here in the northeast we've got at least 3 significant D1 job openings - UMass, Fairfield U, and UConn. Are there any successful D3 coaches in the running for these spots?

Abitofeverything

DivisionIIISoccerSource

You're missing a several like Alma....

Also please tell me your buddy from Chicago State didn't get the job at Peace. Would be a real shame honestly.

Abitofeverything

PlaySimple

It appears that Illinois Wesleyan is open. Coach Barrett is going to Fairfield University in Connecticut.

Purplegatorade

I talked to a few coach friends who were at recruiting events yesterday.  The conversation about  IWU was all the rage.  A few felt bad for the IWU assistants who were bombarded or were being talked around.  I was told there was a lot of speculation of who may apply.

PlaySimple

Quote from: Purplegatorade on January 16, 2018, 11:50:54 AM
I talked to a few coach friends who were at recruiting events yesterday.  The conversation about  IWU was all the rage.  A few felt bad for the IWU assistants who were bombarded or were being talked around.  I was told there was a lot of speculation of who may apply.

The position will attract some quality candidates. IWU is a good school with decent facilities and a good athletic department. The current team is solid with a lot of youth.

PlaySimple

Is there any word on who the Illinois Wesleyan coach might be? It's going into the 5th week of being open. I would think that the candidate list has been narrowed and interviews are going on.

Noticed Concordia College and Lawrence University are now open.

Knowenough2bdangerous

Quote from: PlaySimple on February 13, 2018, 12:21:22 PM
Is there any word on who the Illinois Wesleyan coach might be? It's going into the 5th week of being open. I would think that the candidate list has been narrowed and interviews are going on.

Also: Franklin & Marshall & Smith

Knowenough2bdangerous

Quote from: Knowenough2bdangerous on February 14, 2018, 06:34:10 PM

Also: Franklin & Marshall & Smith

also: Wash & Jeff, and Benedictine U

Purplegatorade

From what I have heard on campus interviews for Illinois Wesleyan should wrap up this week.  Have not heard much on who the candidates are . Reached out to a couple coaching contacts and no one has heard anything.  Not really sure what to think.

PlaySimple

Quote from: Purplegatorade on February 26, 2018, 07:03:32 PM
From what I have heard on campus interviews for Illinois Wesleyan should wrap up this week.  Have not heard much on who the candidates are . Reached out to a couple coaching contacts and no one has heard anything.  Not really sure what to think.

I heard from multiple sources that the interviews are over and that there were some well-qualified candidates. I also heard that there were two candidates in particular that were being seriously considered for the position. That was a few weeks ago. With the spring fast approaching, and some kids going the D3 route still weighing options, albeit it is getting late, it would seem that IWU would want to make the announcement. I would also think that they would want to appease the current roster and give them a sense of what is going on. It seems like a good position for the right person and with a team that could again make the post-season next year.