FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USee

Quote from: WashedUpCard on September 17, 2021, 02:41:31 PM
The Quick Hits pickers select Wheaton to win by a 4-2 margin with Luke Anthony as the leading candidate as MOP.

Hansen Ratings has NCC as a 4.5pt favorite.

Feels like a pickem game to me.

robertgoulet

Quote from: USee on September 17, 2021, 03:03:13 PM
Quote from: WashedUpCard on September 17, 2021, 02:41:31 PM
The Quick Hits pickers select Wheaton to win by a 4-2 margin with Luke Anthony as the leading candidate as MOP.

Hansen Ratings has NCC as a 4.5pt favorite.

Feels like a pickem game to me.

You're the brains of this operation so I'll default to you. (my gut tells me Wheaton by 2 scores, but I also thought Aurora would be close so it's probably just indigestion)
You win! You always do!

USee

Tough one to analyze after 2 years away for both teams. Lot's of knowns and unknowns for both teams.

WashedUpCard

Quote from: USee on September 17, 2021, 04:52:42 PM
Tough one to analyze after 2 years away for both teams. Lot's of knowns and unknowns for both teams.

And the lack of competitive contests for both teams in their first game of the season.  I don't think either team put anything but their basic schemes on film.

Gregory Sager

Carthage 34, Elmhurst 17

This one went about as expected, I think.

Carroll 34, Illinois Wesleyan 33

The Titans kicker missed two PAT attempts, and then, on the game's last play, sent a game-deciding 30-yd FG attempt wide right.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gotberg

I'm trying to watch the NPU/Wash game, but there's not media from Washington's site - are they in delay or something?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gotberg

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gregory Sager

Yeah, Wash U feeds seem to have lots of buffering issues this year.

Gotberg

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 18, 2021, 05:41:37 PM

Maybe NPU can either loan them some money to invest in technology, or some people tech support?

Gotberg

Quote from: Gotberg on September 18, 2021, 06:37:57 PM

Maybe NPU can either loan them some money to invest in technology, or offer some people tech support?

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Gotberg on September 18, 2021, 06:37:57 PM

Maybe NPU can either loan them some money to invest in technology

Gregory Sager

FCGrizzliesGrad

As a neutral watching the Wheaton-NCC game... gotta say the refs haven't been that great. A great defensive battle though. Just what you want from two top teams.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

matblake

Good game Cards. Mobile QB and experienced secondary was the difference in this one. Was puzzled by the lack of running plays by Wheaton and by continuously going after an all American defensive back. The Thunder will now need to go computer era of the BCS on the rest of the conference.