0 (0%)
Monmouth @ St. Thomas
0 (0%)
McMurry @ Mary Hardin-Baylor
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: November 24, 2011, 11:14:03 AM

SUADC

Who will have the closest game in round 2?

lewdogg11

Quote from: SUADC on November 21, 2011, 11:14:03 AM

I'm thinking St. John Fisher vs. Delaware Valley is the best show-in for a close game.

Kean/Salisbury could be too, but that game could go a number of directions. 

pg04

This post seems to be oddly placed...

SUADC

Quote from: pg04 on November 21, 2011, 11:54:18 AM
This post seems to be oddly placed...

I'm going to see if Pat can move it to the General Football board.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

SUADC

Quote from: LewDogg11 on November 21, 2011, 11:22:08 AM
Quote from: SUADC on November 21, 2011, 11:14:03 AM

I'm thinking St. John Fisher vs. Delaware Valley is the best show-in for a close game.

Kean/Salisbury could be too, but that game could go a number of directions.

I think the second round will be very interesting. I believe the matchup between Delaware Valley and St. John Fisher could either end up being a good game (subject to Kramer playing for St. John Fisher). However, I can see the game getting out of hand late. I believe St. John Fisher Defensive backs are good, but when it comes to playing quarterbacks that are mobile and can create, St. John Fisher will struggle. I am hoping that Kramer can come back and help St. John Fisher offense control the clock. Nevertheless, these are great programs and I am going to enjoy watching them play against each other.

As far as the Kean vs. Salisbury game, I believe this game comes down to turnovers and special teams. Kean has seen Salisbury before, they had scrimmage each other at least twice over the last three years. However, between those two scrimmages, it was 50-50, with Salisbury most recently getting the better of Kean. As far as turnovers, Kean does a great job creating turnovers via interceptions, but Salisbury does not throw the ball, so I give the edge to Salisbury, because they seem to be able to create turnovers either via fumble recoveries or interceptions. As far as special teams, I give the edge to Kean, because in big games, they have been able to take advantage of opportunities and create a short field for their offense. I believe that if Salisbury keeps Kean one dimensional and force them to have substanially long drives, they win. I believe that if Kean defense or special teams create short field, they win. Overall, this is going to be a great game, looking forward to watching this game in person.

Good Luck to all teams in the second round.

K-Mack

Let's play process of elimination first:

* St. John Fisher @ Delaware Valley
    * Kean @ Salisbury
    * Linfield @ Wesley
    * Centre @ Mount Union
    * North Central (Ill.) @ Wabash
    * Franklin @ Wisconsin-Whitewater
    * Monmouth @ St. Thomas
    * McMurry @ Mary Hardin-Baylor

Okay, the Texas game was close one time so you have to acknowledge it as a possibility. Linfield-Wesley and North Central-Wabash are the most intriguing games to me, but those are sometimes close, sometimes blowouts. I want to believe in Monmouth but not sure. Salisbury has the potential to go nuts against anyone. That could be close, could be 52-21. You never know with Kean.

So I say SJF-DV.

I'm still in the early stages of formulating my opinions about this week's games, that was all off the top of the head.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

smedindy

If Wabash can curtail North Central's running game, and North Central doesn't let Chamblee run wild, then that's going to be a very close one.