FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma17

Quote from: oshfb on May 22, 2015, 04:39:36 PM
Any update on the UWW players that tried out with the Vikings @ their rookie camp?

The last I read after their camp a couple weeks ago was that Grayvold was at safety and had a couple good plays on the ball.  they didn't point anything out about Behrendt.

hazzben

Quote from: emma17 on May 23, 2015, 12:46:28 PM
Any update on the UWW players that tried out with the Vikings @ their rookie camp?

The last I read after their camp a couple weeks ago was that Grayvold was at safety and had a couple good plays on the ball.  they didn't point anything out about Behrendt.

Did they get signed or just camp invites? If it was the latter, if you haven't heard any news, it probably means they are done for now, until the next opportunity comes. That's how it was last year for Mathis and Hallstrom at Vikes camp.

BoBo

Quote from: hazzben on May 23, 2015, 04:01:24 PM
Quote from: emma17 on May 23, 2015, 12:46:28 PM

Did they get signed or just camp invites? If it was the latter, if you haven't heard any news, it probably means they are done for now, until the next opportunity comes. That's how it was last year for Mathis and Hallstrom at Vikes camp.

They were camp invites - attempting to earn a contract. Vikes drafted or signed an UDFA at QB who appeared to perform rather well at that rookie mini-camp.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

bulk19

I see the karma fairy has made yet another round of smiting...
Seriously, Bobo, every day?  ;D

BoBo

Quote from: bulk19 on May 24, 2015, 10:37:50 AM
I see the karma fairy has made yet another round of smiting...
Seriously, Bobo, every day?  ;D

Whatever you say, chief!!  :o   

Psst ... Must be tough going through life being delusional and a karma cry baby.   

Seriously, son, just throw crap out there to see what sticks or what?  How embarrassing ...
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

emma17

Congratulations to Dr. Beverly Kopper, the new UWW Chancellor.  I admit to knowing nothing meaningful of all of the candidates and what necessarily separates one from the other.  I do like that Dr. Kopper has been at UWW since 2010 and I hope that means she will continue to drive all aspects of the university forward as Dr. Telfer has done so well.

Any UWW folks know Dr. Kopper?

OzJohnnie

This guy does.

EDIT: In case that was picture too obscure, http://youtu.be/ssdsftKZbcc
[  

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BoBo on May 26, 2015, 10:10:26 AM
Seriously, son, just throw crap out there to see what sticks or what?

I reckon it would be easier to see what doesn't stick.  Less to keep track of.
[  

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: emma17 on May 26, 2015, 06:07:47 PM
Congratulations to Dr. Beverly Kopper, the new UWW Chancellor.  I admit to knowing nothing meaningful of all of the candidates and what necessarily separates one from the other.  I do like that Dr. Kopper has been at UWW since 2010 and I hope that means she will continue to drive all aspects of the university forward as Dr. Telfer has done so well.

Can't say that I know her well but one thing I do know and that is that we will continue to get the same degree of administrative support for our athletic programs that we have become accustomed to.  She has been very visible at athletic events on campus and the road and she's been a member of several of the programs' booster clubs.  I also know that in the recent past she was offered the chancellorship of a east coast university and declined so she could apply for ours.  I think the university has made an excellent choice.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 27, 2015, 09:30:48 AM
Quote from: emma17 on May 26, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

Can't say that I know her well but one thing I do know and that is that we will continue to get the same degree of administrative support for our athletic programs that we have become accustomed to.  She has been very visible at athletic events on campus and the road and she's been a member of several of the programs' booster clubs.  I also know that in the recent past she was offered the chancellorship of a east coast university and declined so she could apply for ours.  I think the university has made an excellent choice.

Thanks BW- very encouraging. 

02 Warhawk

Sounds like the new chancellor will keep the athletic department heading in the right direction.

Looking forward to the start of the season. Interested to see how the team performs, sans LL.

emma17

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on May 27, 2015, 10:31:31 AM
Sounds like the new chancellor will keep the athletic department heading in the right direction.

Looking forward to the start of the season. Interested to see how the team performs, sans LL.

I sure could use some recruit info to get through the slow times.
Sure, we can talk about the transfers coming to UWW; like the QB from Notre Dame, running back from Ohio State and the linemen from Bama and Michigan, but those guys we've seen. 
I want to know about the in-coming freshman and less headline worthy transfers.     

WarhawkDad

Quote from: emma17 on May 27, 2015, 02:12:26 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on May 27, 2015, 10:31:31 AM

I sure could use some recruit info to get through the slow times.
Sure, we can talk about the transfers coming to UWW; like the QB from Notre Dame, running back from Ohio State and the linemen from Bama and Michigan, but those guys we've seen. 
I want to know about the in-coming freshman and less headline worthy transfers.   
Nice!    ;D ;D ;D +k
Six Time National Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014

2013  WIAC PICKEM CHAMPION

"Pound The Rock!!!"

emma17

Warhawkdad 
Last night at the Fremd graduation I'm sure I saw version 3 of #65- any insight if there is another Jimmie look alike set to attend UWW?

WarhawkDad

Would not surprise me; there were a couple kids on the line this year that could.    Jimmy wore 54 at Fremd.   
Six Time National Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014

2013  WIAC PICKEM CHAMPION

"Pound The Rock!!!"