McBuckets

Quote from: McBuckets on November 26, 2019, 06:15:04 PM
Predictions for Tonight:

Swarthmore

Gettysburg

Muhlenberg

Ursinus

Hopkins

First conference game so we may learn something. I'm sure I will!

Here is what I learned:

1.  Haverford is better than I expected.

BeRightOn

McBuckets

jmcozenlaw

It's cute to see the brand new children (BeRightOn and McBuckets) battle it out and mock each other (McBuckets actually did the mocking). I sense neither played past about 5th grade. ;)

McBuckets

Conference play this week in full swing.  Here are my picks and I this week will help sort some things out:

1. Swarthmore over Ursinus.  Should be a great game and although undefeated the Garnet have yet to put it all together for 40 minutes.
2. McDaniel over Dickinson.  Could be a very tough year for the Red Devils.
3. Muhlenberg over Washington College.  A lot of discussion re Muhlenberg on Hoopsville as to their legitimacy.  Should be a good test but Washington had some inconsistent performances.
4. Haverford over F/M.  Deliberate F/M style no match.
5. Hopkins over Gettysburg.  Should be an interesting game as JHU with Delaney and Quarry have been on fire.  First real test for the Bullets.

No real upsets as is early in year.  Only home winner is JHU.

BeRightOn

That's mighty condescending of you jmclozenlaw. I didn't know experience beyond the 5th grade was required to offer an opinion.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: BeRightOn on December 03, 2019, 01:17:12 PM
That's mighty condescending of you jmclozenlaw. I didn't know experience beyond the 5th grade was required to offer an opinion.

Yet McBuckets comment to your post was not?????? Yeesh!!

BeRightOn

jmcozenlaw: I never wrote anything about McBuckets' snarky comment, nor did I compare his behavior to yours. I only commented that you were condescending. I stand by that. You were. Just because McBuckets was the first to be an ass doesn't make you any less of one.

BeRightOn

So let's get back to basketball.
In keeping with our theme, here's McBuckets' #3 pick for this week:

3. Muhlenberg over Washington College.  A lot of discussion re Muhlenberg on Hoopsville as to their legitimacy.  Should be a good test but Washington had some inconsistent performances.

I completely agree! Which Washington College team will show up? The scrappy vs Swarthmore version? Or the roll-over to Chicago?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Gettysburg is the CC team with the real impressive resume thus far, to me.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

BeRightOn

I recall when Gettysburg Coach Dunne first started at Vassar. He was the youngest head coach in all of college basketball.

CCD3Basketball

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 03, 2019, 08:39:48 PM

Agree 100%. He's got year 2 of his system and a bunch of young guys in place to pick up on it and results are showing.

Muhlenberg at 7-0 has been impressive as well. We'll see if they can keep the momentum up.

Gettysburg/JHU tomorrow night, should tell us a lot about both
Broadcaster. Writer. Analyst. Fan. Voter. Centennial Conference focus, with an eye on D3 as a whole. D3 Basketball runs my life for over a quarter of the year and I have no problems with that. My wife feels differently about that last part.

McBuckets

BeRightOn:

I can tell we will get along just fine. I meant no offense.

Btw, I agree that WC is scrappy give me some insight as to the ups and downs for the squad.

How do you feel about Haverford?

Should be a fun CC week.

McB

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: CCD3Basketball on December 03, 2019, 08:56:43 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 03, 2019, 08:39:48 PM

Agree 100%. He's got year 2 of his system and a bunch of young guys in place to pick up on it and results are showing.

Muhlenberg at 7-0 has been impressive as well. We'll see if they can keep the momentum up.

Gettysburg/JHU tomorrow night, should tell us a lot about both

Didn't mean to demean Muhl, just that Gettysburg's schedule seems a mite tougher thus far.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: BeRightOn on December 03, 2019, 02:14:31 PM
jmcozenlaw: I never wrote anything about McBuckets' snarky comment, nor did I compare his behavior to yours. I only commented that you were condescending. I stand by that. You were. Just because McBuckets was the first to be an ass doesn't make you any less of one.

I'll take a tad bit condescending (with superior knowledge of the game as well)....................to being an "ass" as you described the other newbie to the board. Enjoy the season BeRightOn!!