PENN STATE BEHREND
4 (30.8%)
PITT-BRADFORD
1 (7.7%)
PITT-GREENSBURG
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

hank stein

I have a real hard time believing Frostburg fired McKnight. Unbelievable. Especially rumor has it they had a good recruiting class. Any idea where McKnight will land.

hank stein

I wonder if McKnights players will transfer and follow him. Better yet, I wonder how many recruits will follow McKnight. Any other shake ups in the conference?

VJC Baseball

Coach McKnight is gone, but I never heard anything about cutting back the baseball program? 

Pat Coleman

I am guessing a poor choice of words by the original poster. Picture "de-emphasizing" rather than "eliminating."
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hank stein

Anyone know who has the best recruiting class out of

FROSTBURG STATE 
HILBERT COLLEGE
LA ROCHE COLLEGE
LAKE ERIE COLLEGE
MEDAILLE COLLEGE
MOUNT ALOYSIUS COLLEGE
PENN STATE ALTOONA
PENN STATE BEHREND
PITT-BRADFORD
PITT-GREENSBURG

Any freshman or transfers to watch?

triplesforme

I would have to think FSU, followed by Penn State Erie, but I heard from players that at least 6 of FSU's top players are leaving and looking elsewhere, including FSU Male athlete of the year Aaron Main. That would put PS-Erie on top.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: triplesforme on July 17, 2007, 11:10:21 AM
I would have to think FSU, followed by Penn State Erie, but I heard from players that at least 6 of FSU's top players are leaving and looking elsewhere, including FSU Male athlete of the year Aaron Main. That would put PS-Erie on top.

Probably not too surprising in a coaching change.

Are they looking to go by Erie again or are they sticking with Penn State-Behrend?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hank stein

I would agree the FSU probably had the best recruiting class. Rumor has it their top pitchers may be leaving and the top tier of their recruiting class may be going elsewhere. FSU apparently had a lot of out of state recruits committed to play (NH, NJ, RI, Ga and NH), but who knows.

If FSU's recruiting class falls apart, I would say Erie then Penn State.

triplesforme

A couple of  Frostburg State current players said that the baseball program and some others will not have asst.coaches, only GA's. They really are cutting stuff and losing players.

hank stein

What??? Never heard of such a thing. NO assistant coaches. Do they really expect to retain their title of league champs? The AMCC teams must be licking their chops. I wonder how the fall workouts will go. It will not take any time for other AMCC  programs which have great coaches to suprpass FSU-quickly.

What are FSU's top tier recruits doing. FSU's recruits Collier, Sutcliffe, Oberman and Guarino are all DI players, are they still goin to FSU. I saw these guys last summer. FSU will be hurting if they jump ship, and other vetern players depart.

This has to be good news for Behrend, Erie and La Roche

LECBASEBALL15

It is rumored that the Lake Erie Storm Head Baseball Job opening which was made vacant by the recent release of head coach Ken Krsolovic looks pretty atractive to former Cleveland Indians pitcher Brian Anderson.  The southpaw pitched for the Tribe in the late 90's and made another stint a few years back.  Let me know your thoughts.

-LECBASEBALL 15

triplesforme

IFTHE POSITION IS PART TIME DO YOU THINK HE WOULD LOOK AT IT? IS THE COACH 100% OUT- IN THE NEWSPAPER IT SAID THAT THE SCHOOL MIGHT BE TRYING TO WORK SOMETHING OUT WITH HIM

hank stein

Rumor has it Krsolovic is 100% out, which is interesting. They really did not have to bad of a recruiting year.

Two (2) names popped up as possible candidates, and one was Frostburg's former coach and another DI coach from South Carolina or North Carolina.

I have not heard anything about Anderson under consideration.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: LECBASEBALL15 on July 30, 2007, 03:07:12 PM
It is rumored that the Lake Erie Storm Head Baseball Job opening which was made vacant by the recent release of head coach Ken Krsolovic looks pretty atractive to former Cleveland Indians pitcher Brian Anderson.  The southpaw pitched for the Tribe in the late 90's and made another stint a few years back.  Let me know your thoughts.

-LECBASEBALL 15
Moderator's note--

I will move this over to the conference board to draw more attention to the AMCC.

Thanks and good luck.  Ralph Turner

LECBASEBALL15

The job is looking to be full-time so that the Storm can put a a good resume up for the D2 commitee.  I'm pretty confident when I say that the Storm players would have a hard time warming up to a Frostburg guy!!!  The Storm has a nice class coming in with some big names out of the local high schools...The Storm won't be a push over team in their last year in the AMCC....That's a fact!