2011-2012 DIII Women's Basketball Rankings by Region

Started by d3hendrixpop50, September 07, 2011, 11:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3hendrixpop50

When does DIII Women's Basketball Rankings usually come out? Who does the ranking?

Pat Coleman

The NCAA's regional ranking usually debuts near the end of January.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

d3hendrixpop50

What about pre-season Rankings for the coming season?   Does anybody besides the conferences themselves based on returning players, coaches, and past success Rank DIII Women's Basketball Prior to Conference Play?  If not this seems like a great niche for a Sports Internet Paper or Blog.

Pat Coleman

We do a preseason national Top 25, and a weekly one.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sumfun

DIII News, ESPN/USA Today, and Massey Ratings all rank D3 women's basketball.

d3hendrixpop50

d3hendrixpop50

Sumfun....or anybody that knows......Does the ESPN/USA Today have DIII Women's Basketball Rankings....or just DI?

d3hendrixpop50

Sumfun....I did subscribe to DIII News Women's Basketball for 39.95 and this year you get 13 email reviews and 1 slow mail reviews from the Post Office.....Has any out there subscribed in the past and can tell me how good or bad this is???  I guess I already ordered it so I will find out.

Wydown Blvd.

Quote from: d3hendrixpop50 on September 10, 2011, 05:37:34 AM
Sumfun....or anybody that knows......Does the ESPN/USA Today have DIII Women's Basketball Rankings....or just DI?

Quote from: sumfun on September 09, 2011, 08:47:56 AM
DIII News, ESPN/USA Today, and Massey Ratings all rank D3 women's basketball.

ESPN/USA Today is ranked by a committee of the WBCA

d3hendrixpop50

Wydown Blvd....do they rank DIII Women's Basketball....if so where is the link Please?

Wydown Blvd.

Why are you acting like we didn't answer the question? Yes they rank d3 women.
To answer your second question (although obviously you could have googled it yourself, like I have to as well).

http://www.wbca.org/news/top-25-polls/usa-today-espn-division-iii-top-25-coaches-poll/

Pat Coleman

Quote from: d3hendrixpop50 on September 10, 2011, 05:39:48 AM
Sumfun....I did subscribe to DIII News Women's Basketball for 39.95 and this year you get 13 email reviews and 1 slow mail reviews from the Post Office.....Has any out there subscribed in the past and can tell me how good or bad this is???  I guess I already ordered it so I will find out.

That's too bad -- you should have given us $39.95 to support the site. :) But seriously, I don't know anyone other than coaches who subscribe to DIII News. It is definitely more tailored to coaches, with stories on coaching milestones and such. But why buy a newsletter when there's a far more in-depth website?

d3hendrixpop50

Pat Coleman....what is the far more indepth website.  Sorry I'm just an empty nester single dad that had my baby girl just move out to play ball at DIII level and I have coached bb and now retired. Want to compare stats and scout with stats as this interests me and gives me something to do in my alone evening time.  Didn't mean to put anybody out.