BB: 2013 Regionals (New York)

Started by Ralph Turner, May 12, 2013, 11:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombers798891

Indeed, it's a gutsy move by Coach Val. I'm really surprised we haven't seen Andrew Sanders. I wonder if he's hurt. So I guess it's Prendergast if need be tomorrow.

tecmobowler

Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

Bombers798891

Absolutely stunning. After so many years of being snakebit in the regionals, the Bombers survive. Jimmy Wagner closes it out, striking out Max Rosling with the bases loaded in the 9th inning.

Ithaca uses four pitchers the entire tournament, and they allow just seven runs, two earned. Ace Pat Lemmo is now 11-0, 1.44 after throwing seven great innings on TWO days rest. The Bombers make the gutsy call not to start Jimmy Wagner, who was 8-0, 3.00 before the regional, and use him to close three straight games. Works brilliantly.

While Cortland's pitching didn't falter (no one's did really), the losers' bracket proved too much to overcome. Great season for the Red Dragons, but Ithaca proved that the first two results weren't simply a matter of Cortland throwing off. Clearly, the Bombers were the better team.

Congratulations to Coach Valesente and the Bombers! On to Wisconsin!

magicman

Good luck to Ithaca in Wisconsin and congratulations on a job well done in the regional. Hope the Bombers bring back the Big Doorstop. 

AlleyCat

What a great regional! All the games with the exception of Ithaca and Moravian were close games with either team having a chance to win. Nice to see 3 of the final 4 in the region being NY teams (Ithaca, Cortland and RPI). The NCAA Always seem to send the teams into NY that the regions they are from don't want to play. Amherst was a really good team!!!, and Rowan won the NJAC!

Ithaca could do really well in Wisconsin. They have good pitching, defense and can swing the bats. Good luck to the Bombers. Go represent NY baseball and bring back the Walnut and Bronze!!!