FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skunks_sidekick

Major props to Centre today.  They stood toe to toe, and never let the thought of playing the great Mount Union ever throw them off.  That is a nice program, and one of (if not the BEST) kickers I have ever seen.  That kid will be kicking in the NFL some day.

purpled

Centre...you guys played your butts off today! You guys gave us all we could handle!
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

Ron Boerger

Quote from: purpled on November 26, 2011, 03:50:47 PM
Centre...you guys played your butts off today! You guys gave us all we could handle!

Seeing how UMU is dismantling Wabash today makes Centre's performance last week even more impressive.  17-0 Purple Raiders near halftime with the Little Giants being outgained 190-27.

Shoreman

Study on college presidents salaries, interesting figures. Millsaps president very high, Rhodes, Sewanee, Centre, very reasonable. Hendrix off the chart.

http://chronicle.com/article/Income-Gap-Widens/129980/

Ron Boerger

Too bad a lot of that's subscriber only - it would be interesting to get more details.  Not to defend Cloyd, but over half his compensation was a one-time (?) deferred compensation paid out during the year surveyed.

Shoreman

Information for Sewanee, Centre, Millsaps (pretty highly compensated), BSC, Rhodes and Trinity can be gotten off the charts of the article.

Shoreman

Division 3 Senior Classic at Salem Stadium, Salem, VA

http://www.d3seniorclassic.com/rosters/

Zac Atkins, Sewanee and Jordan Nolan, Millsaps participating

Ron Boerger

Trinity's Steve Mohr named AFCA South Region Coach of the Year, the fifth time he has been so honored:

http://www.trinitytigers.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/12-06-11_mohr_afca_rcoty

Congratulations, Coach!

historymajor

Ron Boerger

Centre OT Ben Hume was the only SCAC player named to the AFCA All-America Team yesterday.  Congratulations.

Just Bill

The SAA adds Washington Univ. and Univ. of Chicago as affiliate members for football.

http://bearsports.wustl.edu/Sports/Content/Pages/fb12-13-11.aspx
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

jknezek

I wonder how Trinity feels hearing this news. The University of Chicago is not exactly close to Birmingham AL, let alone Hendrix or Sewanee, so all those ideas about creating a conference tight on travel become just so much noise in the wind.

Very interesting. Pool B shrinks again. I wonder if there will be a Pool B bid in 2015 if no other teams go independent or will it be folded into Pool C...

Ralph Turner

Quote from: jknezek on December 13, 2011, 12:19:38 PM
I wonder how Trinity feels hearing this news. The University of Chicago is not exactly close to Birmingham AL, let alone Hendrix or Sewanee, so all those ideas about creating a conference tight on travel become just so much noise in the wind.

Very interesting. Pool B shrinks again. I wonder if there will be a Pool B bid in 2015 if no other teams go independent or will it be folded into Pool C...
There are easy direct flights to ORD from Little Rock, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Jackson, Memphis and Louisville.

SAT is a little harder to get to for those schools.

Besides getting into the Chicago and St Louis markets for alumni and student recruits is much more valuable.

Ron Boerger

My guess would be that some of the members of the UAA were willing to consider aligning with the SCAC, but without everyone being willing to go (the two schools heading to the PAC come to mind) the two SAA-bound schools said "why should we go to a conference that won't have a Pool A bid, which is exactly where we are today?"  Even had all four gone in 2015, the SCAC would have had to re-qualify for a Pool A, one more reason perhaps that the UAA schools did what they did.

Pity.  That was probably the one best (only?) hope for a fix to the SCAC's problem in FB.   Wonder if the SCIAC would entertain allowing the SCAC leftovers to affiliate?  Would lead to a nine-game schedule and lots of travel, and maybe the SCIAC schools wouldn't care for that any more than the SAA supposedly does.