FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldandBlueBU, SagatagSam and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

MiacMan

According to Northstar football rankings, Phythian is the 6th ranked defensive lineman in Minnesota. He's ranked 55th overall. Most of the guys in his range are either receiving PWOs for D1 schools or offers to play FCS or D2. Solid recruit.
[/quote]

Thanks Thumb! For doing my homework. I won't  bother with his parents. Point proven. He's a good  get. Thanks.

Greggers

Quote from: sfury on January 19, 2018, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on January 19, 2018, 11:21:17 AM
Quote from: MiacMan on January 19, 2018, 08:29:02 AM
Totally agree, but can they or would they afford him as a QB coach at this point in his career.

The draw of the Pine Curtain is strong.  OK, just wild speculation, but what if...

When you have a chance to bring back the coordinator who led one of the least-productive offenses in 30 years at SJU in his one season as coordinator, ya gotta do it...

Kurt also resigned from Carleton in January. Seems like odd timing in both cases.
I believe I have heard that they are shaking things up but are promoting within with the younger guys

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Greggers on January 21, 2018, 10:00:07 AM
Totally agree, but can they or would they afford him as a QB coach at this point in his career.

The draw of the Pine Curtain is strong.  OK, just wild speculation, but what if...

When you have a chance to bring back the coordinator who led one of the least-productive offenses in 30 years at SJU in his one season as coordinator, ya gotta do it...

Kurt also resigned from Carleton in January. Seems like odd timing in both cases.
I believe I have heard that they are shaking things up but are promoting within with the younger guys

Who is "they"?
[  

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2018, 03:05:40 PM

Who is "they"?
I didn't want to be the first to ask.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

MiacMan

Quote from: 57Johnnie on January 21, 2018, 03:23:14 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2018, 03:05:40 PM

Who is "they"?
I didn't want to be the first to ask.  :)

SJ2 staff I presume. Some pretty neat things happening in Collegeville I hear, including potentially some charitable foundation work.

OzJohnnie

I'm settling in for a little heartache. The only question: will it come today or in two weeks?  Those who say only death and taxes are certainties in life have never been Vikings fans.
[  

MiacMan

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2018, 06:31:37 PM
I'm settling in for a little heartache. The only question: will it come today or in two weeks?  Those who say only death and taxes are certainties in life have never been Vikings fans.

OMG, I hope it's two weeks!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: MiacMan on January 21, 2018, 07:03:59 PM

Hmmm...  looks like this week.

I should hit the beach. I may not watch the second half.
[  

MiacMan

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2018, 07:57:58 PM
Quote from: MiacMan on January 21, 2018, 07:03:59 PM

Hmmm...  looks like this week.

I should hit the beach. I may not watch the second half.

Didn't even give us a half. I'd go to the beach but I live in Minni frickin sota!

BDB

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 21, 2018, 08:32:39 PM
What a pathetic effort by the Vikings.

It’s out men in such a hadn’t mood that I’m doing work while on vacation.  I’m done with the Vikings. The defense is dropping their heads. The offense is disjointed. A lacklustre and pathetic effort.

EDIT:  It’s put me in such a bad mood I can’t even type that I’m in a bad mood!
[  

art76

Don't even get me started - the Vikings were so bad that even the bookies are mad at them because of the spread.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

MiacMan

Quote from: art76 on January 21, 2018, 09:54:51 PM

Don't even get me started - the Vikings were so bad that even the bookies are mad at them because of the spread.

I think we can all agree Tommie/Johnnie alike VIKINGS SUCK!

OzJohnnie

There is brotherhood in misery. Today we put aside our petty grudges and emotional caterwauling to suffer together. As only the metaphorical Charlie Brown's to the Viking's Lucy-like, ball snatching shenanigans can suffer.

Word.
[