FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oline89

I sure hope that the LL and E8 figure out a way to get a few games played this spring.  PA high school football is in full swing, limiting spectators, but so far so good.

Bartman

Quote from: Oline89 on October 03, 2020, 08:25:40 AM
I sure hope that the LL and E8 figure out a way to get a few games played this spring.  PA high school football is in full swing, limiting spectators, but so far so good.
I think if PA HS football can do it , LL needs to  give the boys the Spring green light. Ohio Conference has their Spring schedule up....LL gotta get going. Watching a little of Adrian playing Trine and I am soooo missing Football on such a beautiful Fall day. The crazy thing in NY is that HS soccer is being played but no Football .......I guess Cuomo doesn't know how much aggressive contact there is in soccer game?
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

jmcozenlaw

I've been to several Suburban One League games and it's been great.........................yet sad at the same time.

tony/troy

Quote from: Bartman on October 03, 2020, 01:58:49 PM
I think if PA HS football can do it , LL needs to  give the boys the Spring green light. Ohio Conference has their Spring schedule up....LL gotta get going. Watching a little of Adrian playing Trine and I am soooo missing Football on such a beautiful Fall day. The crazy thing in NY is that HS soccer is being played but no Football .......I guess Cuomo doesn't know how much aggressive contact there is in soccer game?

More telling, Cuomo also doesn't know that we were smart enough to notice that while we were not able to get our hair cut for almost three months, the length of his hair never changed.

And we are supposed to pay attention to anything this guy say or, worse yet, have our lives affected by it.

Oline89

So far so good for the Statesmen.  COVID +'ve cases remain low on campus.  Most sports teams are on the practice field. Here's hoping the other LL teams are doing well......

UfanBill

Quote from: tony/troy on October 20, 2020, 07:39:53 PM

More telling, Cuomo also doesn't know that we were smart enough to notice that while we were not able to get our hair cut for almost three months, the length of his hair never changed.

And we are supposed to pay attention to anything this guy say or, worse yet, have our lives affected by it.

My health and the safety of my friends and family is much more important than the length of your or my hair. This inappropriate, out of place comment does not belong here. I for one am thankful that in New York State public officials have my back.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

tony/troy

Quote from: UfanBill on October 20, 2020, 09:55:15 PM
Quote from: tony/troy on October 20, 2020, 07:39:53 PM

My health and the safety of my friends and family is much more important than the length of your or my hair. This inappropriate, out of place comment does not belong here. I for one am thankful that in New York State public officials have my back.

If either this or the soccer comment is found inappropriate, the moderators will eventually remove it. Generally, pointing out two such blatant inconsistencies from a "leader" is hardly ever considered inappropriate. It is what we are supposed to do. If you are thankful for these kind of "leaders" and their "leadership", so be it. Best of luck to you. 

Pat Coleman

Will let the comments stand but will also say that even in these trying times, let's keep politics off this board. Thank you.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

goState

Right now I should be two hours into the six hour drive home from my kids last game in St Lawrence. I might be crazy but around 11am  every Saturday this fall I looked up in the sky and thought today would have been a perfect day for football.

UfanBill

Quote from: Caz Bombers on December 01, 2020, 06:33:48 PM
LLPP PHILANTHROPISTS: ASSEMBLE!

https://d3football.com/notables/2020/12/d3sports-needs-your-help

OPEN THOSE WALLETS

Thanks Caz for bringing this to my attention. I just made a contribution myself and I call upon ALL Liberty League posters to do the same. When our beloved D3 sports resume I could not fathom not having Pat and crew here to keep it all together. Time to step up people.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Bartman

Hey, UFAN Just signed up with Pat C.....drove by the orange and purple practicing at the Boz on a perfect football day(so sad) a few weeks ago as the Statesmen prepare to silence the Union cannon sometime in the future....GOBART!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

Ali Marpet is going to get himself a Super Bowl ring. Congrats to the Pumpkinhead family.

Bartman

Thanks Caz,+k....Ali is a great kid, just does his job with incredible hard work and dedication, one prognosticator tabbed him as one of the 15 players with the most impact on the Super Bowl, not bad for the Liberty League alum, consistently ranked as one of the top OLineman in the NFL....StatesmenNation is very proud....Can't wait to avenge the 2019 loss in Ithaca this year ;D
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

unionpalooza

Anyone hearing anything interesting regarding the LL teams' recruits for this cycle?

In another news, it looks like the Union Athletics Department has put a variety of old classic games up on YouTube, include the '89 Stagg Bowl, the '89 Ferrum win, and '05 wins over RPI and Ithaca.  Fun stuff! 

https://youtube.com/user/GoUnionAthletics