MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightSlappy

Hope has all of their conference games listed as postponed on their site. My understanding with Presto Sports is the schedules all tie in together, so if Hope updated all their games as postponed they could show up that way on Calvin's site as well. Trine's schedule shows the same for the two Hope games.

Flying Dutch Fan

Kalamazoo now has an "unpublished" roster, which looks to be only players from last years team who returned.  Missing from last year (those who could have potentially returned) are:

Janard Smith (15.0min-6.6pts-0.7reb)
Bass Ollie (13.8min-3.5pts-2.8reb)
Drew Sheckell (14.3min-4.4pts-2.3reb). 

https://hornets.kzoo.edu/sports/mbkb/2020-21/roster
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

sac

Quote from: Flying Dutch Fan on October 19, 2020, 09:34:56 AM
Adrian now has an "unpublished" roster, which looks to be only players from last years team who returned.  Missing from last year (those who could have potentially returned) are:

Janard Smith (15.0min-6.6pts-0.7reb)
Bass Ollie (13.8min-3.5pts-2.8reb)
Drew Sheckell (14.3min-4.4pts-2.3reb). 

Kalamazoo obviously

Flying Dutch Fan

Kalamazoo (not Adrian - thanks for catching that sac - darn copy/paste) now has a full official roster posted:

With graduation and the three I mentioned in my previous post who are not on the roster the Hornets will have to replace 65% of playing time per game. 

All 4 of the "recruits" on our list are on the roster - Horky, Sample, Rueff, and Coleman.  One additional freshman is 6-3 G Gabriel Sharp from Riverview FL. 

50% of the roster are Seniors.

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

goodknight

Flying Dutch Fan

Adrian also has now published their roster - although it has a total of 32 guys listed:

https://www.adrianbulldogs.com/sports/m-baskbl/2020-21/roster

Assuming the first 15 (those with full details and a jersey number) are the varsity, 2 of the 4 "recruits" are listed - Michael Rightnowar & Michael Williams.  One other freshman listed is 6-2 G Gabe McDevitt from Parker CO. 

The other two "recruits" (Kahlil McAdoo and Emcee Williams ) are listed in what I assume is the JV section. 

Interesting schedule posted for Adrian (suspect it's not real) but it shows 8 MIAA games home & away with Alma, Calvin, Hope, Trine only. 

John Wooden

goodknight

sac

I don't think any schedule is going to be "accurate" until its accompanied by a press release.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: KnightSlappy on October 17, 2020, 07:46:02 PM
Hope has all of their conference games listed as postponed on their site. My understanding with Presto Sports is the schedules all tie in together, so if Hope updated all their games as postponed they could show up that way on Calvin's site as well. Trine's schedule shows the same for the two Hope games.

There is a way to update a schedule and not have it affect anyone else on the system. It is a necessary option (individually based) that sometimes isn't helpful.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Titan Q

Trine plays NAIA Huntington in an exhibition game today at 2pm.  I think Trine will be the first D3 to take the floor in 2020-21...maybe even first NCAA team across all levels?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Titan Q on October 24, 2020, 08:20:08 AM
Trine plays NAIA Huntington in an exhibition game today at 2pm.  I think Trine will be the first D3 to take the floor in 2020-21...maybe even first NCAA team across all levels?

The Trine women played an exhibition earlier this week.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Titan Q

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on October 24, 2020, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 24, 2020, 08:20:08 AM

The Trine women played an exhibition earlier this week.
I was referencing MBB here on the MBB board.

TUAngola

Final in today's exhibition game:  Trine 58 Huntington 57

This may be a fun team to watch this year, albeit very inexperienced.  Obviously we lose almost all our scoring from last year in Johnson, Hunter, Winters and Daniels.  But those guys who have stuck with the team and didn't get to play much their first 2 years are going to be key in Juniors Bowman, Warzecha, and McGinsie who all started today, with Brent Cox and Brandan Johnson.  One of our key returners, Bryce Williams, was out with an ankle injury suffered in practice this week.  I think Bowman led in scoring, Cox also in double figues.  Geller with a nice game off the bench.  Freshman Mengnanglo is really going to help in the interior, a little raw, but has great instincts as a shot blocker.  Two other newcomers, Christian Knox and Nate Carbaugh will get minutes too.  We'll be "offensively challenged" but from what I saw today this team will hang its hat on defense and hustle plays.

Kudos to the Trine administration, staff, athletic dept, and everyone involved in showing that sports can be done at the DIII level during the pandemic.  Thanks for leading the way.

Titan Q

Quote from: TUAngola on October 24, 2020, 04:21:11 PM
Kudos to the Trine administration, staff, athletic dept, and everyone involved in showing that sports can be done at the DIII level during the pandemic.  Thanks for leading the way.

Absolutely.  Kudos.

hornets76542

Quote from: Flying Dutch Fan on October 19, 2020, 09:34:56 AM
Kalamazoo now has an "unpublished" roster, which looks to be only players from last years team who returned.  Missing from last year (those who could have potentially returned) are:

Jarnard Smith (15.0min-6.6pts-0.7reb)

I'm pretty sure Jarnard transferred to Albion. He was on their provisional roster for 20-21 earlier and still has a player page on their site, but he's not currently listed on the roster. Regardless, I know he transferred somewhere, which is disappointing but not surprising because he's an extremely hard worker and talented player who was probably going to have a good year as the starting pg.

https://www.gobrits.com/sports/mbkb/2020-21/bios/smith_jr._jarnard_ne3r?view=profile
go nets

knightvision

Interesting read on the MIAA and the challenges facing the Presidents re: decisions re: sports--should be interesting to see what transpires for winter sports as has been noted earlier on this board. If the anonymous insiders are to be believed, it sounds like it got pretty acrimonious. Interesting note that despite accusations of "poaching athletes" by schools who were playing fall sports from those who were not playing that there was no proof of schools trying to steal athletes and no last second transfers.   (Please note:  I am posting the link to the article but not sure if it will be accessible--this article was a "for subscribers only" article on the Detroit Free Press--their not so subtle way of "encouraging" us to pay for online access.  FWIW, they had (still have?) a 3 month subscription for 99cents a month for the first three months.)

https://www.freep.com/story/news/education/2020/10/27/play-not-miaa-decision-split-member-colleges/3629635001/

sflzman

Quote from: knightvision on October 27, 2020, 11:27:32 AM
Interesting read on the MIAA and the challenges facing the Presidents re: decisions re: sports--should be interesting to see what transpires for winter sports as has been noted earlier on this board. If the anonymous insiders are to be believed, it sounds like it got pretty acrimonious. Interesting note that despite accusations of "poaching athletes" by schools who were playing fall sports from those who were not playing that there was no proof of schools trying to steal athletes and no last second transfers.   (Please note:  I am posting the link to the article but not sure if it will be accessible--this article was a "for subscribers only" article on the Detroit Free Press--their not so subtle way of "encouraging" us to pay for online access.  FWIW, they had (still have?) a 3 month subscription for 99cents a month for the first three months.)

https://www.freep.com/story/news/education/2020/10/27/play-not-miaa-decision-split-member-colleges/3629635001/

It told me $5 for 3 months now...I guess I'll have to take your word for it now  ::)
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare