MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by bamm, March 12, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pg04

Quote from: John McGraw on February 16, 2007, 10:56:50 PM
So is Brockport's radio guy going to come on here and talk smack again, and complain about Brockport not getting any respect? That was pretty hilarious.

I didn't ever do that did I? lol  :D

John McGraw

Oops, didn't mean pg04. I meant RadioGuy, whom pg04 quoted in an earlier post.

Bob Maxwell

pg04 & John,

No problem with either of yoru posts, I was just commenting to support pg04's comments about brockport being high in the polls years ago.  It was very impressive to do it in the same year and to have baseball do it too!

And I do agree it was a bit comical seeing the complaints about where a team is in the polls.  Although as a fellow Brockport supporter it was nice to see the passion for the team!

jdex

Potsdam 61, Oneonta 59. Bears do their part to make tourney, but need Cortland loss to visiting Fredonia to clinch. Corts win and advance via tiebreaking criteria (sweep of Pdam)

Plattsburgh 71, New Paltz 66. NP by 12 early and 37-35 at half. Squared at 66 at 2:22 when Pburgh ft's grab lead. A. Miller ft's clinch. Cards 24x53fg, 4x19 3s, 19x23ft. A. Williams 30 pts(9x21fg on heels of 7x25fg in Fri. slip to IT) 1x6 3s, 11x11ft, 7reb, 5 assts; Miller 12 pts(5x8fg) 7 rebs, 4 stls; T. Gorham (2 pts, 6 rebs in 16') and K. Hunt (7 pts, 5 rebs in 29') both with 4pf. NP windup has A. Foluke-Henderson 18 pts(8x15fg), 3stls; J. Hauser 15 pts(5x12fg, 2x4 3s), 4 stls; T. Cannon 10 pts(5x10fg),5 rebs, 5 assts, 4 stls; M. Irwin 7 rebs, 7 assts.
On Friday at IT, Pburgh's Miller added 18 pts to Williams 21 (1x9 3s), J. Dumont 15 on 5x10 3s, T. Gorham 12 pts, 13 rebs

pg04

Quote from: Bob Maxwell on February 17, 2007, 07:02:42 PM
pg04 & John,

No problem with either of yoru posts, I was just commenting to support pg04's comments about brockport being high in the polls years ago.  It was very impressive to do it in the same year and to have baseball do it too!

And I do agree it was a bit comical seeing the complaints about where a team is in the polls.  Although as a fellow Brockport supporter it was nice to see the passion for the team!

Agreed, and that baseball run may have been the most impressive run of all 3 sports for the port. 

jdex

Potsdam's J. Hall layup at 0:16 stops Oneonta. Pdam by 32-27 at half. Tied at 55 . with 2:21 left and at 59 at 0:24 when OSt's W. Heslin delivers ft pair. Pdam ends loss string on 20x48fg, 4x14 3s, 17x18ft. D. Brown 18 pts(6x15fg, 1x4 3s ...has 15 pt. 1st half on 6x10fg); B. Siskavich 12 pts(4x9fg, 2x5 3s), 9 rebs; B. Graney 11 pts; Hall 10 pts(4x6fg) 4pf in 32'; T. Reinhardt 0x0fg, 2x2ft, 5pf in 17'. OSt 21x60fg, 2x18 3s, 15x19ft. W.Heslin 16 pts(5x13fg); M. Reardon 8 rebs. Pdam sweeps home and home

Pat Coleman

And I was referring to John's post, thinking that there was at least one other year a Brockport broadcaster came on and ran smack. I know that their student workers have been represented on the boards. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

pg04

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 17, 2007, 08:01:11 PM
And I was referring to John's post, thinking that there was at least one other year a Brockport broadcaster came on and ran smack. I know that their student workers have been represented on the boards. :)

I would know nothing of the sorts!  ;) .... anyway some that have come on here have been informative, some secretive and talking smack, others not so secretive and talking smack.

In the end I think it just comes own to a strong desire to see the team do well.

jdex

Talk about smackdowns! Fredonia 37, Cortland 35 at the half. C. Niehoff 13 pts, J. Miolen 10 for CSt. T. Alassari, K. Reichlmayr 11 each for Freds

jdex

Cortland 80, Fredonia 73. Spunky second half for Red Dragons, who earn return trip to Brockport on Tuesday. Land 14x28 3s and 23x47fg to offset strong Fredonia spoiler effort. D. Maggiacomo 18 pts(4x12fg, 4 3s); J. Miolen 16 pts (4 3s); C. Niehoff 15 pts; D. Jutton 14 pts (4x7 3s); M. Lewis 10 rebs. CSt 20x26ft. Freds 29x51fg, 7x19 3s, 8x11ft. K. Reichlmayr 17 pts, 8 rebs; T. Alassari 17 pts, A. Smith 14 pts, K. Gordon 11 pts, B. Cooper 14 pts

Brockport 79, Geneseo 63. Bport 38-33 intermission. Go 25x50fg, 9x19 3s, 20x27ft. D. Maldonado 15 pts(5x7fg, 3x5 3s) in 15'; Sherod Harris 14 pts(3x9fg), 5 assts; A. Poles 13 pts(4x7fg); C. Parrish 12 pts(5x8fg); B. Williams 11 rebs, 4 stls. Eagles bench outpts Gen spares 49-11. Knights 23x55fg, 14x20ft, 3x15 3s. S. Morton 22 pts(7x10fg, 1x3 3s); G. Spears 20 pts(9x14fg), 8 rebs; T. Kitson 4 assts, 0 pts; S. McDonnell 4 pts

Oswego 77, Buffalo St. 69. Lakers 42-33 at half. Lead nearly entire way but by slim counts. BS draws to 1 twice in closing moments. T. Downing answers both for Oswego, second time at 1:15 making it 72-69. Go 31x61fg, 6x15 3s, 9x19ft. M. Burridge 22 pts(11x16fg), 10 rebs; E. Roberson 18 pts(6x12fg, 2x4 3s) in 26'; Downing 12 pts(4x6fg, 2x2 3s) 9 assts, 1 trnvr; K. Reuter 10 pts; D.White 9 rebs, 9 pts; T. Franze 8 assts, 3 pts(1x7fg) in 37'. BS 31x76fg, 0x6 3s, 7x17ft, 53 rebs. D.Griggs 17 pts(8x16fg), 13 rebs, 3 assts in 23'; D.Mozelle 14 pts(6x12fg), 11 rebs; J. Lawal 10 pts(5x12fg), 6 rebs; 4pf in 16'; C.Guiden 5 assts. BS opens tourney at Pburgh. Oswego finishes third in conf.

jdex

zola

Congratulations to the Brockport Brigade. No one poses a serious SUNYAC tourney threat if you're disciplined enough to take care of business. Suprise me and win a couple in the NCAA's.

T. Curley my coach of the year. Cards flew under everyone's radar, all the way to second.

Lakers hang together for 3rd without a point. Ah, what might have been.

And as a long-time Bears fan...

Top 3 Reasons for Leaving New York and the Planet in February:

3. Digging out from under 12 feet of snow
2. President George W. Decider and and  Governor Elliot Steamroller
1. Total collapse of Bears basketball

slickyquick

I don't think Curle (not Curley) will win Coach of the Year. I believe that Whitmore from Brockport will get it. You look at that team and it is basically a team new from last year. He has won twelve straight and looks to be steamrolling for a NCAA bid. Curle has done a good job but we must remember that they won SUNYACs last year and it doesn't seem to be a suprise on how well they've done (at least to me).

Disappointing year for the Potsdam Bears. Losing a lot of leadership hurt quite a bit. Still a very talented bunch. If somehow, they put some egos aside they could challenge for a top spot next year.

Does anyone know if Pieroli (sp?) from Oswego is going to come back for a final year next year? If he comes back and is a similar player to how he was before, they can also challenge for the conference title.

Matchups should be interesting here in the tourney. Brockport clearly has the advantage if they can take care of business against that other phys ed school. I wonder what the atmosphere will be like with the tourney back on campus. It has to be better than the Aud. The only time the Aud was lively was when the Charleston Chiefs with the Hanson brothers made their appearance in the movie Slapshot. The sad thing about that was the Aud hadn't changed from the time the movie took place until last year.

jdex

Interesting to go back to page 33 area of this site and regurgitate early season outlooks. Slickyquick had some nice calls. Even made mention of Bport propensity to add second semester assistance. Did it ever! But don't believe anyone saw the power-to-be at the finish line. Whitmore lock in my mind. Plattsburgh always on my radar, and A. Williams lived up to solid billing.

SUNYIT and Geneseo came in under (my) expectations. Geneseo can be excused because of injuries. Scarey IT (home tuesday to Oneonta) in line for semi game at Bport. Potsdam biggest. NP close second. Kudos to Oswego for getting it done minus all-star Perioli. Slew of close ones, and who knows how many tight setbacks he would have turned the other way. Others probably in their element -- Oneonta, BS, Corts (though any sort of consistent finishes would've made for winning season), Freds

As for Perioli. He certain has eligibility. Also is an all-conference baseballer. In that vein, Max, Oswego has already lost last season's top performer (jr of Anthony Coromato, .460 avg, 44bi, 7hr, .835slugpct) to Cortland. As if Corts need more help there. Bundle of stars back to team that's won 9 of last 10 SUNYACs and 14 of last 16!

Bob Maxwell

jdex,

Yes, they did pick up Coromato... and have most of their pitching back.  There has been a lot of discussion on the baseball SUNYAC borad about the upcoming season.  It seems to be a concenous that Cortland & Brockport will compete for 1 & 2... with Plattsuburgh, Oneonta and perhaps New Paltz & Fredonia fighting for the last 2 spots.  Pburgh & Ostate are the two in question... as they both lost their top pitchers.

It will be interesting season and also to go back after the season and see what the predictionw were on here just like in the basketball pages.

I think Brockport has picked up a lot to fill the losses from last year... and have upgraded so it will be an interesting season, even with Coromato going from Oswego to Cortland...  by the way, that loss will be very tough for Oswego to over come.

4 mor edays to SUNYAC baseball hits the field.   And one until the basketball tournemant starts!  Great time of year... (if it gets warm that is... )  :D