MBB: Midwest Conference

Started by siwash, February 10, 2005, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"The Roop"

Sorry Titan 2000. It isn't my scoop so I can't reveal who SB is. Even if the one I'm thinking of is wrong.

Dolph Stanley

The SB we have been speaking of is the current head coach at Beloit Memorial.  He is an excellent coach and should have a great future but he is not the person I have heard mentioned if the position should open up.

"The Roop"

Would the rumor have anything to do with the family that operates a local bus company perhaps????

digs

Perhaps this speculation would best be carried on in private emails, in respect for current coaches and players.

"The Roop"

digs,

Rumors start because there is usually more than one problem. I seriously doubt that the chat of the past week will get anyone fired. It has been innocent speculation and nothing more.

The problem at Beloit in recent years has not been coaching staff as much as it has been administration. Fire them. I think a lot of people will be much happier. MWC restrictions don't help either.

Dolph Stanley

"I seriously doubt that the chat of the past week will get anyone fired"

I too doubt that the posts on this board will have more of an effect on any decision than a 12-34 record over the past two sesons will.  Or for that matter One appearance in the MWC tournament in seven years.

Roop, no blaming the administration this year.  The players they wanted in appear to have (within reason) gotten in. As for the MWC restrictions, they might explain why Beloit can no longer compete with Whitewater but not why they can't compete with Lawrence or Ripon.

This years Beloit team could and should be very good.  If they are, this is all a moot discussion.  If they are not, things could be interesting

hjmphelp

Wow! Is this new site cool or what?
Congratulations, Pat. It looks great even if I am still freakin' lost!

Pat Coleman

If it makes you feel better, I'm a little lost too. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

The Roop

I can still blame the administration until the season starts, that's only fairĀ  :D
Ist Ihre Tochter achtzehn bitte

hjmphelp

hjmphelp

Just heard that Grinnell may have lost a transfer at the last second-literally-who could have put them in the NCAA Tourney. Cold feet, but an understandable warm heart tor his current institution kept him away. GC may make it quite a bit farther this year anyway from what I hear about the pickup games taking place! :-)

That so-called "afront to the reputation of DIII basketball"; ie, the televised GC vs BC game didn't hurt recruiting one little bit, folks.

Mr Coleman- after a bit of time now I can tell you I think the changes you have made are top-notch! Thanks for your hard work!

the_game

BC  with  a  quality  hire  on  the  women's  basketball  side.  Anything  less  than  a  tournament  apperance  would  be  a  disapointment.  The  pieces  are  there.   

Same  goes  for  the  BC  men.  Anything  less  then  a  tournament  apperance is  a  disapointment.  Make  no  mistake  about.  That  statement  the  past  few  seasons  was  just  simply  rhetoric.  This  year  it's  the  TRUTH.  An  All  American,  all  conference  performer,  and   a 3  year  starter  returning  is  enough to finish  in the  top  four  if  not  2  or  1.  If  any size  and  another  respectable  ballhandler  was  added  as  someone  noted  this  team  could  get  off  to  a  fast  start  like  the  2001-2002  squad.   The  issue  for  the  2006  team  will  be  mental.  Will  they  truly  believe  the  are  suppose  to  and  can win?  That  losing  culture  needs  to  be  squashed.     Will  it????????     

The Roop

Game,

As much as I love the Bucs I have no aspirations of them making the conference tournament this year. 9-14 is as likely to happen as post season play is. Give it two years and they should be a serious contender again. For now let Hinz get 2000 points for his career and I will be happy.
Ist Ihre Tochter achtzehn bitte

the_game

If thats the case,  that will be  the same  approach  the  team  has  taken  since  Hinz  got  to  BC.  Let him  get  his.  If  they  do  finish  9-14  something  is  certainly  wrong.  13  wins  is  the  highest  total  in  the  Youngblood  era.  That  must  be  eclipsed  this  season!! 

Pat Coleman

What's with the two spaces between every word? That's very difficult on the eyes.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.