FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3Somebody

All of Benedictine is on the same server...hence the same IP address. Thousands of people every day use the server :) I definitely do not use the same computer as him...because this is my laptop  ;)

Say what you will though...and try to rev up this board by comparing me with the Professor, who once again, I am not. Though....I am still waiting for the other two to comment on my posts...

aufb05

"Run down my team? I have no association with Benedictine

Well spoken D3 Somebody A.K.A. "Fat  Pongo" who uses a BEN computor (the same one as Fat Pongo uses) but has no association with BEN College, but uses every waking moment to run down the BEN football program because he got past over for a coaching position by a AU Coach. So lets get ugly, right PONGO and dish the players, the fans, the college and the folks who post on this board.

You got to love this guy. So PONGO are you really Fat, or does the adjective just refer to the skin between your nose and chin?

D3Somebody

Quote from: aufb05 on September 26, 2005, 10:53:13 PM
"Run down my team? I have no association with Benedictine

Well spoken D3 Somebody A.K.A. "Fat  Pongo" who uses a BEN computor (the same one as Fat Pongo uses) but has no association with BEN College, but uses every waking moment to run down the BEN football program because he got past over for a coaching position by a AU Coach. So lets get ugly, right PONGO and dish the players, the fans, the college and the folks who post on this board.

You got to love this guy. So PONGO are you really Fat, or does the adjective just refer to the skin between your nose and chin?

I'm a bit confused here. If I have no association with the Benedictine Football Team, then why would I not be able to post from Benedictine? Explain that for me...

Passed over for a coaching position? No, my friend...certainly not....although at this point the coaching staff could use some help....

You can call me Pongo all you want...but the fact that two people post from the same server does not make them the same person...and we aren't. And again...how exactly is Fat Pongo using my personal computer? You obviously know nothing about IP adresses or servers...but then...you went to Aurora...and you people have trouble spelling words correctly.

SaintsFAN

And I don't act like D3 is D1...as a matter of fact I stated that in my other posts. In D1, teams getting blown out year after year is accepted...because well, it's D1. In Division 3, it shouldn't happen. These are players who were too small and too slow to play D1. They all have something in common. And if you love going to D3 games....that is great for you....a purple heart for your efforts.

Regardless of who you are, this statement is just plum dumb.  So no teams should be blown out because they are D3?  I am definitely not following that.  Inferior teams compete at all levels.  Just because the D3 players lack something D1 players might have, it doesn't mean all players at this level have equal ability.  Obviously, you never played one down of college football...

Pongo, your tune may have changed (from supporting BU), but the way you relay messages here is the same.  Everyone has caught onto the fact you make personal attacks while correcting every post here---and mentioning how much football knowledge you pretend to have....

Nobody here is dumb enough not to make this connection...

Congratulations on your new laptop.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

D3Somebody

Quote from: SaintsFAN on September 27, 2005, 12:19:56 AM
And I don't act like D3 is D1...as a matter of fact I stated that in my other posts. In D1, teams getting blown out year after year is accepted...because well, it's D1. In Division 3, it shouldn't happen. These are players who were too small and too slow to play D1. They all have something in common. And if you love going to D3 games....that is great for you....a purple heart for your efforts.

Regardless of who you are, this statement is just plum dumb.  So no teams should be blown out because they are D3?  I am definitely not following that.  Inferior teams compete at all levels.  Just because the D3 players lack something D1 players might have, it doesn't mean all players at this level have equal ability.  Obviously, you never played one down of college football...

Pongo, your tune may have changed (from supporting BU), but the way you relay messages here is the same.  Everyone has caught onto the fact you make personal attacks while correcting every post here---and mentioning how much football knowledge you pretend to have....

Nobody here is dumb enough not to make this connection...

Congratulations on your new laptop.

How is the statement dumb? Not once did I say teams shouldn't get blown out. But year after year? In D1...schools have a much bigger football budget....teams sell tickets and make money even when they are terrible....but they are still D1...and they still make money on apparel, tickets, etc. In D3...losing schools don't make money off of football. They lose money. So why keep a team that is consistently losing and a team that administration does not help anyways? I don't see the point. Also, D1 football isn't supposed to be fun...it's about money. D3 football is supposed to be fun. How is fun getting blown out every week? Explain that to me.

Saints, you can say I am Pongo as much as you would like...but at least prove some of your points for me when I argue with you...don't use this "Pongo" nonsense as a blanket to hide under when you are called out. K?

Pat Coleman

D3somebody and Pongo are the only people to have posted from that IP address in the past month. You tell me. It's very possible that they are two separate people and the only ones who have posted from Benedictine -- on BOTH football and hoops -- in the past month. But it's not cut and dried.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Mr. Ypsi

D3S,

Even a majority of d1 schools LOSE money on football; I doubt ANY d3 schools make money (with the POSSIBLE exception of Mt Union and a handful of others).  Unless you are at one of the BIG TIME (i.e., semi-pro) schools, you'd BETTER be in it for the fun.  And fun does NOT require winning (though it helps!).

My son was by far the best player on his first-year lacrosse team (2nd worst team in Michigan, so that's not bragging TOO much!); that, of course, made him a 'marked man', and he came home injured after nearly every game (all but 3 or which they lost) - he had a BLAST!!  (He knew that most of his teammates could not even pass or catch a ball, but they TRIED, and he had FUN!)

On the other hand, he is also captain of the soccer team (a sport Ypsi has 'supported' for many years) - while their record is much better than the LAX team, he comes home muttering that he 'hates the team'.  The difference?  The soccer team has the talent to succeed, but many players just don't give a damn.  He'll take desire and effort over 'talent' anyday, and I say 'right on, David!'

With both sports, winning would be awfully nice, but it is NOT the defining difference.

D3Somebody

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 27, 2005, 01:07:18 AM
D3somebody and Pongo are the only people to have posted from that IP address in the past month. You tell me. It's very possible that they are two separate people and the only ones who have posted from Benedictine -- on BOTH football and hoops -- in the past month. But it's not cut and dried.

I must hand it to you Pat Coleman, you are a whiz at the computer. The fact that you can look up random members IP adresses when they have done nothing is quite impressive. You should see if Bill Gates is hiring...hell...or see if he needs a replacement.

You're forgetting one thing. Benedictine is on the same IP. So anyone who posts from BU is going to have the same one. Keep that in mind before you go accusing people of being someone else.

D3Somebody

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 27, 2005, 01:15:17 AM
D3S,

Even a majority of d1 schools LOSE money on football; I doubt ANY d3 schools make money (with the POSSIBLE exception of Mt Union and a handful of others).  Unless you are at one of the BIG TIME (i.e., semi-pro) schools, you'd BETTER be in it for the fun.  And fun does NOT require winning (though it helps!).

My son was by far the best player on his first-year lacrosse team (2nd worst team in Michigan, so that's not bragging TOO much!); that, of course, made him a 'marked man', and he came home injured after nearly every game (all but 3 or which they lost) - he had a BLAST!!  (He knew that most of his teammates could not even pass or catch a ball, but they TRIED, and he had FUN!)

On the other hand, he is also captain of the soccer team (a sport Ypsi has 'supported' for many years) - while their record is much better than the LAX team, he comes home muttering that he 'hates the team'.  The difference?  The soccer team has the talent to succeed, but many players just don't give a damn.  He'll take desire and effort over 'talent' anyday, and I say 'right on, David!'

With both sports, winning would be awfully nice, but it is NOT the defining difference.

Mr Ypsi...you're talking about  a first yer lacrosse team though. This team is 100 years old. I've played some sports in my day...and you can still have fun when you lose. I can't imagine having fun while losing by an average of 30+ points per game. How can that be fun?

Mr. Ypsi

Overall LAX scores: they lost by 8 to <3.

He had a BLAST!

Winning is NOT everything.  (David is VERY competitive - he would prefer having teammates that produce wins!  But he will take less talented teammates who honestly try, over more talented teammates who 'go through the motions' anytime - I think I raised a very wise son!)

It's true that it is only 1 year so far, but I appreciate the attitude (unlike his usual attitude, being a teenage male!); enjoyment comes from pay-offs other than the final score.  If you respect your teammates, you can 'have fun' even if you lose every game in a total blow-out.  Did you 'respect the game' - yes, you're a winner, regardless of the score; no, you're a loser even if you 'won'.

Pat Coleman

I did note that, somebody. Keep that in mind before you accuse somebody of not reading.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

SaintsFAN

OK d3somebody,

Prove my points?  I don't see how I could get through to you. 

Why do I not think you can see the light?  Lets look at what you've said:

*You think that successful D3 schools are money makers??  Its not true...

*You think D3 schools should all be competitive because D3 players were not good enough to get into D1 schools

In D1, teams getting blown out year after year is accepted...because well, it's D1. In Division 3, it shouldn't happen.

At the D3 level, the kids do play for fun, you are right.  Maybe the kids at BU are having fun getting to play football even though they are losing games....I've played on crappy teams when I played and to a man everyone on those teams will tell you that we had a great time because we were competing with our close buddies.  I won't say winning and losing didn't matter, but it definitely didn't make us wish we weren't playing ball.

and you did say teams shouldn't get blown out in d3, which is completely assinine. 

Its ok though...keep attacking Pat Coleman and we won't have to read your posts much longer.  What is that about Bill Gates?

I don't really give a **** if you are Pongo or not, you've still been acting like a jackass on this board.  Your posts remind everyone of Pongo.....that is something I'd be embarrassed about.  Your antics here have worn thin on everyone.....When Pat Coleman responds, you should know you are on thin ice.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

aufb05

BOARD-

This loser needs attention and we are feeding that need.

Ignore his posts and he dries up. How about it?

I still would like anyone out there to tell me what happened at the Cur(W) MAC game.

redman04

I must hand it to you Pat Coleman, you are a whiz at the computer. The fact that you can look up random members IP adresses when they have done nothing is quite impressive. You should see if Bill Gates is hiring...hell...or see if he needs a replacement..

You should maybe show a little respect for the man that gave us this great sight to post on.  Pat has done a tremendous job in supporting D3 athletics and should be commended on what he has done for d3 football with this sight alone.
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

FalconsFootball

Ereg rushed for around 53 yards and other than two big pass plays the falcons defense pretty much shut down Mac.  I think one problem is Mac spends more time conditioning their mouths rather than their bodies. Concordia ran circles around them and some players were puking at half time. Ereg is a good back but Concordia did not allow him to get going.  Same old stingy D. I don't mean to talk trash about Mac but after seeing some of my teamates getting punched and clawed on routine plays at the bottom of piles I am a lot less aprehensive.  Look out for #64 OT becuase he is such garbage ( I know after playing against him the last couple years and seeing his behavior). It is pretty sad that a senior should have to play as dirty as he does to make up for his lack of ability.  

I also agree with ignoring D3Somebody.  That could be the most annoying, childish person alive.  Shut up!  Ben players work as hard ( probably harder due to a lack of #'s) as anyone else in D3. We are here cause we love the game and as long as smaller schools provide the opportunity there will be players to fill the rosters.  They are having a really tough time, but there is no need to kick them while their down.  That being said this topic shoudl be dropped all together and D3(insert derogatory name here) should be ignored so he can get a life somwhere else.