FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog8

Just listening, as for CUW it will be a great game.  I just want to take it one game at a time. I will give my thoughts before next week if that is ok with you all. Interesting post going on. Good luck to IBFC teams.

redman04

Quote from: fsufan on October 05, 2005, 12:28:24 AM
BASEMAN201--Since you have an interest in CURF maybe you can tell me what their plans are when the IBC breaks up.  I am sure they will keep playing, but where? :)

I hadn't heard that the IB conference was going to be broken up, anybody know the "official" reason?  Where will the teams go or has it not been decided?
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

Pat Coleman

The Northern Illinois-Iowa Conference is merging with the Lake Michigan Conference. A couple of schools aren't coming along. I don't have all the details handy.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

fishguy

Quote from: redman04 on October 07, 2005, 05:29:14 PM
Quote from: fsufan on October 05, 2005, 12:28:24 AM
BASEMAN201--Since you have an interest in CURF maybe you can tell me what their plans are when the IBC breaks up.  I am sure they will keep playing, but where? :)

I hadn't heard that the IB conference was going to be broken up, anybody know the "official" reason?  Where will the teams go or has it not been decided?

The merger begins next season for pretty much every sport, but due to some outstanding contracts football in this new league will not begin until 2008. Aurora, Benedictine, CURF, CUWI, Lakeland, Maranatha Baptist, Rockford, and Wisconsin Lutheran College will be the charter members in the new 8-team football league in 2008. It will be a much better league than the current IBFC.

Big_Uns

Quote from: fishguy on October 07, 2005, 11:41:54 PM
It will be a much better league than the current IBFC.

Cross your fingers.

D3Somebody

My last post was deleted by Officer Coleman...let's see if this one stays.

Middle of 4th...Aurora 18 BU 0

Correct me if i'm wrong....but was it aufb05 that said Aurora was going to have this "outstanding" running game and that Travis Paro or the other tailback was going to be the first D3 player in history to win the Heisman.

For an Aurora team that was supposed to be "good"...why can't they put up more than 18 points on the worst team in the conference?

gc_fan

Just got back from the Greenville vs. Eureka game.  Final score Greenville 49 - Eureka 0

mac07

Just got back from Lakeland. What a no class team. I saw more personal fouls called than in a combination of the entire season.
The crap at the end when the teams lined up to shake hands just proves my point. What I saw today from the "Muskies" shows me they are not worthy of representing the conference in the playoffs. I understand now why Whitewater put the starters back in on them

aufb05

D3Nobody - Keep running your mouth and maybe we won't have to listen to your nonsense anymore.

AU 25 - Ben 0

Congrats to Green's 49 -0 win over Eureka. I said weeks ago that Green wasn't the same team it was a year ago. MAC should pay attention to the films this week.

Gomer Pyle

Yesterdays games played out as predicted.
   The only game with any scoring was the Mac vs
   LC game. The rest were very one sided as indicated by the final scores. 
   This saturday, oct 15th, LC goes against Con,W
    in which should be the game that decides who
  really is top dog in the IBC. Aurora is still there but after just scoring 25 points on BU you have to wonder. Put another way, maybe BU is getting better.

thekid

Quote from: mac07 on October 08, 2005, 09:08:36 PM
Just got back from Lakeland. What a no class team. I saw more personal fouls called than in a combination of the entire season.
The crap at the end when the teams lined up to shake hands just proves my point. What I saw today from the "Muskies" shows me they are not worthy of representing the conference in the playoffs. I understand now why Whitewater put the starters back in on them

SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE:
Someone from MacMurray College saying a team has no class.

mac07

What clown are you? Have you been to a Mac game or do you just run your mouth. It was an outstanding game and a lot closer than the score suggests. There was no reason for the Muskies to become arrogant after the game. It just shows that they just can't win gracefully. Next week count the personal fouls, there will be more on Lakeland than the points they score against CUW.

fishguy

Quote from: mac07 on October 09, 2005, 12:11:35 PM
What clown are you? Have you been to a Mac game or do you just run your mouth. It was an outstanding game and a lot closer than the score suggests. There was no reason for the Muskies to become arrogant after the game. It just shows that they just can't win gracefully. Next week count the personal fouls, there will be more on Lakeland than the points they score against CUW.

I happened to catch the game - Mac is the dirtiest team in this league, and has been for years. Everyone in the IBC knows that. Their players start running their mouth the moment they walk off the bus, and one of their linebackers ran his mouth the whole game. They got flagged for unsportsman-like when a Mac player pickedup up a muffed extra point and was show boating as he ran into the end zone (which was called back because of another Mac penalty!) Mac players took cheap shots after nearly every tackle! It's too bad that Mac's program has taken such a slide backwards - their fans should demand that their players carry themselves with more class, which would begin by dumping their current head coach, who is a real clown. Fans sitting in the stands could hear him yelling "Bullsh**" at the Lakeland bench from across the field. It will be a joy to be a league without this program.

footballfan05

AU did not have it easy vs. BU the score was only 6 nothing until the middle of the third quarter.  BU's defense did a great job until late in the game.  The game was def a lot closer than the score shows and anyone at the game knows it.  AU's experience showed late in the game when they made some big plays, their qb made some great throws and the receivers caught tough passes.  This was the first game in about 4 or 5 years that BU was actually in the game with AU. This game was def a lot closer than the score indicates, but as usual BU's offense couldn't come through when they needed it being stopped in the red zone multiple times.

D3Somebody

Quote from: aufb05 on October 08, 2005, 09:54:56 PM
D3Nobody - Keep running your mouth and maybe we won't have to listen to your nonsense anymore.

AU 25 - Ben 0

Congrats to Green's 49 -0 win over Eureka. I said weeks ago that Green wasn't the same team it was a year ago. MAC should pay attention to the films this week.

So I guess my post does hold true then since you had nothing to say about it....just making sure :)