FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3Somebody

And a big congratulations to Benedictine for beating the worst team in the conference and being cocky about it :)

Wait until Conc-Wisc d-lineman literally eat your runningbacks  :'(

Mr. Ypsi

OMG, NOT literally (I hope) - I'm pretty sure that cannibalism is AT LEAST a 15-yard penalty!  (And there will probably be kids at the game...)  :o

TBaggins

Insert Quote 
And a big congratulations to Benedictine for beating the worst team in the conference and being cocky about it

Wait until Conc-Wisc d-lineman literally eat your runningbacks   

Awww, poor Pongo.  No one invited him to join at the lunch table and he had to eat alone.  It's ok honey, I'm sure your mom will comfort you and help you deal with your rejection. 

aufb05

Actually Pongo-

BEN and CUR have worse statistical records than Eureka.  :-*

D3Somebody

Quote from: TBaggins on October 17, 2005, 12:15:43 PM
Insert Quote 
And a big congratulations to Benedictine for beating the worst team in the conference and being cocky about it

Wait until Conc-Wisc d-lineman literally eat your runningbacks   

Awww, poor Pongo.  No one invited him to join at the lunch table and he had to eat alone.  It's ok honey, I'm sure your mom will comfort you and help you deal with your rejection. 

You're pretty funny :)

D3Somebody

Quote from: aufb05 on October 17, 2005, 01:03:17 PM
Actually Pongo-

BEN and CUR have worse statistical records than Eureka.  :-*

Way to dig up that info....you are really good  :D

baseman201

Haha, well he didn't really have to "dig" up that info, it was pretty self explanatory that BEN and CURF are the worst teams in the conference.  But, BEN is the best 0-7 team I have ever seen.  They hung with Aurora till the 4th quarter, almost beat Greenville, beat Eureka.  They aren't as bad as most are assuming they are.

With BEN and CURF, when you have 30-40 players on the team, it's hard to find the talent that CUW or Lakeland has with 80 guys on the team.  Until BEN and CURF can get some recruits, and get up to 50 guys, then 60, then 70.  They will have 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 seasons for awhile to come.  Even Eureka could go 1-9 this year. (although I have been to Eureka, and the place is a dump.....no offense of course  :))  Once the winning starts, the recruits start coming in, or that's the way it's supposed to be. 

One problem for CURF, as well as BEN (maybe) could be the price of education.  D-III football players pretty much pay to play football, since there are no football scholarships given.  When it's almost $30,000/year to go to CURF, and possibly close to that for BEN, of course a player will want to go to a cheaper school........although CUW would be the same tuition since they are part of the Concordia system, and they are good................hmmmm, maybe guys have more telent in Wisconsin, or maybe it's just Chicago then.  yeah, no one likes Chicago, that has to be it,  ;)

And that would be amazing if Greenville won conference, good luck to you.  Although, of course they would get slaughtered in the first round, but hey, they would get a ring and a playoff berth.

aufb05

OK Gomer its Tuseday-

Here Goes,

AU over Eureka - Coach Duncan and his staff gave us a better look at what his team can do - and the fans loved it. We even got a good 4th quarter look at his  underclassmen.

LAKE over CUR - CUR does come to play but like Eureka a small roster hurts their efforts. 

CUW over GRN - I'm giving it to CUW on statistical advantage only. GRN's playing in front of the home town crowd and could pull off an upset.

BEN over MAC - This one is for you Pongo! BEN has had the toughest 1st half. Elmhurst, NCent., Carthage, LAKE, AU and yes GRN. Throw in home field advantage and Coop gets his 2nd W.

There you have sport fans.....

Gomer Pyle

Aufb05:  Wednesday is my day. 

Have you seen any official stats for the Greenville vs Mac game?  Anybody?

aufb05

Gomer-

Just the IBFC site through week 6

gc_fan

Gomer - they have a link for the Greenville/MacMurray box score on the Greenville page, but the link is messed up.  I am friends with the Greenville SID so will alert him and see if he can fix it.

D3Somebody

Quote from: baseman201 on October 18, 2005, 02:35:59 PM
Haha, well he didn't really have to "dig" up that info, it was pretty self explanatory that BEN and CURF are the worst teams in the conference.  But, BEN is the best 0-7 team I have ever seen.  They hung with Aurora till the 4th quarter, almost beat Greenville, beat Eureka.  They aren't as bad as most are assuming they are.

With BEN and CURF, when you have 30-40 players on the team, it's hard to find the talent that CUW or Lakeland has with 80 guys on the team.  Until BEN and CURF can get some recruits, and get up to 50 guys, then 60, then 70.  They will have 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 seasons for awhile to come.  Even Eureka could go 1-9 this year. (although I have been to Eureka, and the place is a dump.....no offense of course  :))  Once the winning starts, the recruits start coming in, or that's the way it's supposed to be. 

One problem for CURF, as well as BEN (maybe) could be the price of education.  D-III football players pretty much pay to play football, since there are no football scholarships given.  When it's almost $30,000/year to go to CURF, and possibly close to that for BEN, of course a player will want to go to a cheaper school........although CUW would be the same tuition since they are part of the Concordia system, and they are good................hmmmm, maybe guys have more telent in Wisconsin, or maybe it's just Chicago then.  yeah, no one likes Chicago, that has to be it,  ;)

And that would be amazing if Greenville won conference, good luck to you.  Although, of course they would get slaughtered in the first round, but hey, they would get a ring and a playoff berth.

I forgot to ask, what's your number on Benedictine? If not, who's your best friend who goes there?

Also....don't ever compare football talent in Wisconsin and Chicago....EVER. Its not a wise idea...because they two aren't even close.

D3Somebody

Quote from: aufb05 on October 18, 2005, 02:37:54 PM
OK Gomer its Tuseday-
BEN over MAC - This one is for you Pongo! BEN has had the toughest 1st half. Elmhurst, NCent., Carthage, LAKE, AU and yes GRN. Throw in home field advantage and Coop gets his 2nd W.

There you have sport fans.....

Hmm...if a former Aurora coach was not the current coach at Benedictine....I bet your prediction would be switched :)

gc_fan

Gomer - I just talked to the Greenville SID...... as of 6:23 p.m. central time on Tuesday the 18th, the Greenville/MacMurray boxscore link is now working....http://www.greenville.edu/athletics/football/results/2005/06g1015.htm

Big_Uns

To anyone who can answer this-

After beating Benedictine by only one point, where did Greenville come from? I mean, SEVEN rushing yards allowed? That's downright scary, especially if you're a Concordia or Lakeland who still has to meet this team-on-the-rise.