FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalconsFootball

Congradulations to LC both for getting through conference and for making the front page of d3.com.  Do well in the playoffs, we are counting on you.  Also I think this is the first time an IBFC team had a picture on this site, even though the article is about Monmouth.

TruCountry95

yall know whose conference Greenville will be in when everything changes? I heard it may be in the same conference as the Anderson Ravens?

uamusme

You know i'm kind of disappointed, this board was pretty lively all year and now that Lakeland won the playoff birth, everyone seems to have dropped off.

I mean granted we don't have over 100 pages and stuff like some of the other conferences, but we are a small conference with a lot of small schools, I mean LC's at around 900 and Eureka is what about 600... But that shouldn't stop of from still talking fb...

Big_Uns

Perhaps they're too jived that basketball season is starting soon.

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: uamusme on November 03, 2005, 01:31:11 AM
You know i'm kind of disappointed, this board was pretty lively all year and now that Lakeland won the playoff birth, everyone seems to have dropped off.

I mean granted we don't have over 100 pages and stuff like some of the other conferences, but we are a small conference with a lot of small schools, I mean LC's at around 900 and Eureka is what about 600... But that shouldn't stop of from still talking fb...

You`ve got the floor...............bring up something that will invoke some comments.

maddog8

Where is the Picture of Lakeland on the D3 site. Did I miss something? Also, 'THE ALL MADDOG TEAM'  will be out by Nov. 14, please forward you teams selections, and thanks for your input. I'm sure some will not be happy but then again not everyone can make it. 

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: maddog8 on November 03, 2005, 11:33:33 AM
Where is the Picture of Lakeland on the D3 site. Did I miss something? Also, 'THE ALL MADDOG TEAM'  will be out by Nov. 14, please forward you teams selections, and thanks for your input. I'm sure some will not be happy but then again not everyone can make it. 

Maddog8: I didn`t see a picture either but did see a write-up in the ."Around the region " section.

FalconsFootball

I was saying congrats to LC for making the front page "Around the Region" section. The picture was from the CUW Monmouth game.  It is now at the bottom of the front page.

formerd3db

Trucounty:
That would be news to the rest of us.  I think that is unlikely.  Anderson is in the HCAC and the only team that is joining that conference that has been announced of recent as I recall is Rose-Hulman, unless I missed something.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

uamusme

Quote from: Gomer Pyle on November 03, 2005, 10:16:45 AM

You`ve got the floor...............bring up something that will invoke some comments.

OK I will...

Since we all know that right now just because of our schools... lets say not performing in the playoffs, we have become the laughing stock as a conference.

Do you think that with the creation of the new conference we will still be thought of in the same way, or will it take a win in the playoffs no matter what?

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: uamusme on November 03, 2005, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: Gomer Pyle on November 03, 2005, 10:16:45 AM

OK I will...

Since we all know that right now just because of our schools... lets say not performing in the playoffs, we have become the laughing stock as a conference.

Do you think that with the creation of the new conference we will still be thought of in the same way, or will it take a win in the playoffs no matter what?

Couple things come to mind. First, the IBFC is a relative new comer to the world of NCAA play-offs.
  I believe Mac was eligible in 2001 as they had left the SLAC to join the IBFC. I`m not sure when the IBC was formed so they would be NCAA play-off eligible but it hasn`t been very long. Maybe others can provide some insite.
  I read on D3 football, a while ago, that Eureka was the small-ist school in D3 playing football, student enrollment wise. Now that`s out of 220+ schools playing football.
  If you look on the D3 site they have a section that shows teams that have won NCAA play-off games .
  You`ll notice that there are a lot of teams from the "old guard" that have never won a play-off  either. Some of those schools have been playing football forever.
  One thing in my mind about that is some schools support football while some field a football team to
  help overall enrollment. IMO. An example of that is Mac`s football/student ratio. Student body 600(about) football team 100 (about) making the FB team 17% of the student body. Figures are representitive. Course you can say that about all schools but the operative words here are support and field. Big difference. Look at the consistant winners, they have the support of the admin for their program. The others, lots of different agendas.
NCAA  play off teams from the IBFC: CW,Aurora, Mac
while they have lost, they have played their opponents right up till the end. Keep in mind their are a lot of other teams in a lot of other conferences that are winless as well. 
   LC, as this years IBFC champs, will march into the NCAA play-offs with one thing in mind.......win.
  All they can do like the teams before them is line up and play. Every year the IBC rep is under the gun to get that first NCAA play off win.....could this be the year?
  If the IBFC folds like some have mentioned or re-forms i don`t see an major up side, IMO.
  Looks like some schools are moving back to an even lesser conference which, while you may win the title, leaves you as cannon fodder in the play-offs.
  I wonder what the school agenda is there?
   My thoughts are ment to stir ( in some areas)
   rebuttal, simular trains of thought or what ever seems to fit in here. Dialogue of any kind is better then nothing.
  If i`ve made any errors in stated facts, my apologies. 

fishguy

Coach of the year - that's easy, Zebrowski from Lakeland in a landslide.

Player of the year - a lot tougher, although I think the top candidates (in no particular order) are Lakeland QB Ryan Maiuri, Lakeland DL David Benton and Lakeland LB Ryan Van De Loo. Maiuri is easily offensive back of the year. I just do not see any single player from another team having the kind of impact all season that these three have had.

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: fishguy on November 04, 2005, 09:54:09 AM
Coach of the year - that's easy, Zebrowski from Lakeland in a landslide.

Player of the year - a lot tougher, although I think the top candidates (in no particular order) are Lakeland QB Ryan Maiuri, Lakeland DL David Benton and Lakeland LB Ryan Van De Loo. Maiuri is easily offensive back of the year. I just do not see any single player from another team having the kind of impact all season that these three have had.

Let me ask a question. It`s pretty easy for a coach who has the "horses" and some 5th year seniors
  to look good as he has, so where is the masterful
  job of coaching? 
  There are other coaches in the IBC who have done a good job with far less. Not so much in winning but in major progress in their programs. BU and Greenville come to mind.
   Put another way, if the coach at LC was the coach at lets say BU then for sure he`d win, as you said, " in a landside."  Just another point of view.

d3ftball1

I totally agree with you Gomer. Since I'm pretty new to the boards I was wondering who votes for the coach of the year/player of the year? Is it coachs/players/fans?

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: d3ftball1 on November 04, 2005, 10:47:05 AM
I totally agree with you Gomer. Since I'm pretty new to the boards I was wondering who votes for the coach of the year/player of the year? Is it coachs/players/fans?

I believe the various coaches and possibly SID`s in the IBFC vote amongest themselves for coach of the year plus they also vote the for the various player categories.
  No fan participation except for Maddogs8`s
   yearly and much anticipated IBFC " All Maddog Team. "