FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: uamusme on November 09, 2005, 01:17:49 AM
Quote from: TruCountry95 on November 08, 2005, 08:28:32 PM
I think this is kinda how it plays out this year in the overall look of things. What you guys think?                     

Offensive Overall- #1 Lakeland, #2 CUW, #3-GC, #4-AU

Defensive Overall- #1 Greenville, #2 LC, #3 CUW, #4 MAC

Best O-Line: #1-CUW, #2-LC, #3-GC, #4-AU, #5-BEN
Best D-Line: #1-GC, #2 LC, #CUW, #4 AU,

I dunno, I didn't get to see GC this year, but I'd still go with Lakeland's D-line over GC's

Yeah I'm a little biased being from LC... I wish i could have been at the game with greenville... i was only like 2 hours away in meetings all weekend. I would have been able to make a better judgment, so I'm just going from what I saw.

Guys, why guess? The IBFC site has all the information  there for ya.
   In some areas you will be surprised  who`s were.

Big_Uns

Quote from: Gomer Pyle on November 08, 2005, 06:26:06 PM
Quote from: d3ftball1 on November 08, 2005, 05:40:05 PM
big uns,

For your DB's   Jerral Davidson is not from GV.  I'm not sure who he plays for but its not Greenville.

Jerral Davidson plays for Aurora. On the IFBC
  stat site, it shows him tied for 22nd in tackles.

Yeah my bad. I knew that too. He may not have the tackles but he's got shut down potential and was the lone bright spot of that AU/LC game with an interception. Without a couple of his plays things could've been even worse for AU that day.

aufb05

Gomer-

A agree with 2 of your picks - MAC & Eureka

However....
AU over Valpo
GRN over Wash U

A nice end to the IBFC season. Valpo is playing D4 ball with mostly Freshmen - GRN is going to prove that they are going to be the team to beat in 2006. 

That said I can't believe the season is over. As for the "Board" it started off a little tentative this yr. with Pongo and his ugly stepbrother D3Somebody but then matured into a interesting discussion on FB.

Maddog gets my vote for Poster of the Year. He encouraged a lot of good discussion from 1st time posters.

Gomer Pyle

aufb05: other "guesses" are more than welcomed.
   Course late saturday or early sunday morning we`ll know for sure who did what.
  If you hear something ref games scores...........post it...... or anybody else for that matter.

OK I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I HAD TO SIGN UP WHEN DEANCOOPER POSTED ALL THAT STUFF ABOUT THE FOOTBALL TEAM OVER IN RIVER FOREST. FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT WHOEVER IT IS THAT POSTED THAT KNOWS ALOT OF DETAILS ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND MORE SO ABOUT DEAN HYNES. WHO WOULD KNOW HOW MANY TIMES HE WAS ASKED TO BE THE COACH AT CURF. I REALLY DONT WANT TO THINK IT WAS THE DEAM HIMSELF. LETS FACE IT HE IS THE DEAN OF STUDENTS AND SHOULD NOT WORRY HIMSELF ABOUT A WEBSITE. NOW THAT CONCORDIA HAS ANOTHER COACH IN AS MANY YEARS IT WILL BE VERY INTERESTING TO KNOW WHO GETS HIRED. I ALSO WONDER IF THE SEINORS TO BE WILL BE INVOLVED LIKE THEY DID WHEN J. HYNES WAS HIRED IN 2003. I BELEIVE THAT THE SCHOOL DOES NOT CARE FOR FOOTBALL AND IT IS A SHAME THAT EVERYSCHOOL IN THE CONFRENCE IS BETTER BUT WE ARE WORSE. IT SEEMS THAT THE WAY THE SCHOOL SHOWS IT CARES IS THAT EVERY FEW YEARS IT FIRES COACHES AND CLAMS THAT THIS A NEW BEGINNING AND THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE. WELL LETS HOPE SOMEONE UP THERE MEANS IT THIS TIME. A SCHOOL LIKE CUW IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE PLOWS A TEAM WITH RICH RECRUTING LIKE CURF EVERY YEAR.  THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE AND YEAR TO YEAR COACHES DONT GET THAT DONE. LOYALTY IS SOMETHING NOT FOUND AT THIS SCHOOL. PLAYERS NEED TO BE SHOWN THAT THERE IS A REASON TO COME AND STAY AT THIS SCHOOL. WITH NEW FACES IN THE HOUSE EVERY YEAR THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

WAKE UP CURF!!.... IT IS TIME TO CARE!!

FalconsFootball

I gotta say I lost respect for EC this weekend.  I thought it was admirable of them to show up every week even when the odds were stacked against them.  But to cancel the game at half was pretty rediculous.  It ruined a lot of seniors last game.  That was not the way you want your last game to go, to not even get the chance to knowingly walk of the field for the last time and get the ovation you deserve for all the hard work and dedication you have put in. 

The refs were over heard telling CUW's head coach that even if the lightening delay were up EC's players were not going to return to the field.

uamusme

Quote from: falcsfb on November 09, 2005, 02:51:03 PM
I gotta say I lost respect for EC this weekend.  I thought it was admirable of them to show up every week even when the odds were stacked against them.  But to cancel the game at half was pretty rediculous.  It ruined a lot of seniors last game.  That was not the way you want your last game to go, to not even get the chance to knowingly walk of the field for the last time and get the ovation you deserve for all the hard work and dedication you have put in. 

The refs were over heard telling CUW's head coach that even if the lightening delay were up EC's players were not going to return to the field.

Whoa, i think this is the first time we've heard of this

anyone care to elaborate more?

sotha sil

The Eurkea CUW game was called at half-time because of lighting. It was also made known that Eureka did not want to come out after the half already.  CUW scored everytime they had the ball.  The CUW's coach was not going to throw the ball anymore and actually was heard telling the punt return unit not to block the punt. 
The first series in the second half the seniors that start were gonna get pulled during a time out.  Then a lot of the guys that don't get a chance to play were going in.  A lot of parents were upset because it was going to be their kids chance to play.  I believe #9 actually walked off the field to the locker room after a TD. ( I am not totally sure it was #9) It was a bad situation for Eureka coaches. But, it does suck for a lot of young players wanting to get in and the seniors who wanted their last moment.

baseman201

to 7400-

Obviously you don't know much about what is going on here at CURF with the football program (or you could possibly find out soon what is going on).  If you haven't figured it out yet, I am affiliated with CURF in one way or another, just common sense on that one. 

Anyhow, here is the REAL deal.  The head coach and 2 other assistan coaches (plus the athletic director) were fired because the school wanted somone in there that could recruit players (there were other reasons, but this was a main one), and keep current ones from leaving.  Recruiting from the Lutheran school system is a HUGE part in getting quality players to play here.  I went to a Lutheran High school and many of my classmates went to the Concordias.  There are awesome athletes in the Lutheran school system, but Conwell never really attempted to recruit from there.  The problem was that he would try to recruit the top players in 4A, 5A, and the 6A schools.  It doesn't work that way when they are headed to the big D-I schools.  CURF and other small universities need to recruit from the small 1A, 2A, and 3A schools, and get good players from there.  No all conference player for a huge high school is going to come to a small private university, (or at least it's not likely).

Football is the biggest sport at most schools, and CURF didn't think that Conwell would bring them into the right direction that they wanted to be recruitment wise.  The administration wants us to win, and to be successful.  So saying the school doesn't care about the football team is completely rediculious and 100% untrue.  They care the most about the football team, and want someone who can get them to the next level.  The basketball, baseball, and soccer teams have all done a great job of recruiting, and the administration wants the football team to do the same, and they didn't think Conwell and the other coaches could deliver what they wanted. 

Sure, it's the 4th coach in 5 years.  They want to sign the next one to a multi year contract and get this thing going.  Look for a new coach as early as January, or possibly sooner.  The new football coach is a top priority for the admin.

and 7400, I know you have connections to CURF, probably go there, and possibly a player on the team.  You will find out what is going on soon enough.

And next time, don't type in all caps.

Big_Uns

Quote from: aufb05 on November 09, 2005, 10:51:12 AM
As for the "Board" it started off a little tentative this yr. with Pongo and his ugly stepbrother D3Somebody but then matured into a interesting discussion on FB.

That gets my vote for funniest post of the year.

curfgod

Here is the real story behind CURF.  Coach Conwell was the best recruiter the football prgram has had in a long time.  He recruited MOST of the football players at CURF, even when Dean Hynes was the head coach.  Coach Conwell was not able to recruit this past season because he was in the hospital for 6 weeks with cancer.  After almost losing this battle he came back to work instead of taking a leave of absence which he should have done.  But out of loyalty to his players and CURF he fought through his illness (which he still has) to return to CURF in April.  While he was gone there were no coaches on the staff to recruit.  He put his staff together and they brought in some decent freshmen players.  Dean Hynes, who is not a nice man, never cared about our program, was only concerned with self promotion, told us Coach Conwell was his guy.  How can you let your "guy" go after he is only on the job for 16 months, and has cancer.  Coach Conwell will be missed.  He is a good football coach that cared about his players.  Dean Hynes is a bad guy that will pass the buck and make excuses.  He ruined our program, not Coach Conwell.  I hope Dean Hynes feels like a hypocrite.  He certainly is not a Christian.

zorbadagreek

I dont know what happened at CURF, but I personally know coach conwell and know that he is a class A act. It is unfortunate to see that someone of his caliber is not allowed to persue his passion and it is also unfortunate that he was given the ax coming off of something as serious as cancer. Concordia has never been a tradition rich school, but he would have been the guy to add tradition there had he been given another year or two! Shame on CURF, you let a good one go for very poor reasons! ???

footballfan05

No good for Eureka to not play, same situation for BU twice this year and both games were finished including the last game of the year against CURF which meant nothing except to the players and fans. Its a shame that some players last game of their life was cut short like that.

uamusme

Quote from: footballfan05 on November 09, 2005, 09:26:49 PM
No good for Eureka to not play, same situation for BU twice this year and both games were finished including the last game of the year against CURF which meant nothing except to the players and fans. Its a shame that some players last game of their life was cut short like that.

I dunno, if I were playing for Eureka, i might have like rebelled and tried to get other players to follow and play no matter what, especially if I were a senior...

Now that being said, did any seniors try and protest the decsion by the coaches?

Mr. Ypsi

IF the Eureka-CUW game really ended the way it is alleged, shame on Eureka!  The coaches would deserve to be summarily fired, a formal apology tendered to all players who WOULD have seen action in the second half, and, assuming admission was charged, a full refund given to every spectator!

You DO not simply quit at halftime!  IF CUW had run up the score in the second half (but it sounds like they had no intention of doing so) then the shame would be on THEM, not Eureka!  This way, the shame is entirely Eureka's.

Perhaps the coaches could have agreed with a common hs rule for blow-outs - just keep the clock running, regardless of out-of-bounds, penalties, etc.  But QUITTING?  That is disgusting.