FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

augiedogie

baseman201:

We look forward to seeing you at the game on Saturday. Congrats to Lakeland for their 8-2 season. Atleast they don't have to travel to Linfield! If you're a fan of smashmouth run the ball football watching the Augie offense is a treat.  You think you've stopped the rb and then find out he isn't the one with the ball.  Should be a good game this weekend.

football_is_great

about all the comments that Aurora team that was good last yr. Not questionin if they were good cuz they were. But wasnt it the same muskie team last year as this year that beat them? I think so, so your logic is makin no sense.  Just thought I would throw that in.

uamusme

Ok, while my gut tells me LAKE is going to get blown out, my heart tells me otherwise. (So I'm an optimist... sue me)

I'm not going to predict a score, but I believe that the game will be decided by 1-2 scores.

I don't think Lakeland will be able to stop the run completely, I also don't think the Auggies will be able to account for everyone on the Lakeland offense. This will not be a high scoring game, but it will be fun to watch no matter what.

On another note, I'm looking forward to meeting anyone else that'll be there... I know maddog will be there... anyone else?

markdamaker40

Well Lakeland,
It was a nice run but its time to bow down to the CCIW once again.  You think Carthage's Defense was tough wait until Augie just levels you.  They are the top dogs in the CCIW this year.  And you thought you had a rushing attack. HAHAHA have fun stopping the Wing-T.

Go CCIW and Go Augie!

footballfan05

The wing-t can be stopped with a disciplined d and lakeland did see flashes of the wing t against CUW who does run it very well.  So i dont think the wing t will affect them that much as far as them knowing who has the ball. i think it will be augies physical ability to pound their opponents which will win this game. But i do think that North Central will have a better chance at coming out of this bracket even though augie beat them. Far fetched but wouldnt it be awesome to see a quarterfinal rematch between those 2.

augiedogie

footballfan05:

Any offense can be stoped on any given Saturday, but Augie was well over 300+ yards a game on the ground.  They got stopped 1 time this year against Carthage who was a top 3 defense nationally this season. I havn't seen Lakeland play, but I don't think their defense is comparable to a Carthage or Wheaton team that has held Augie in check. As one poster said earlier that they think Augie's rushing attack is even better than UWW, and I'm not saying the score will be exactly like that, but I think Augie will be putting up some big numbers on Lakeland this weekend.

Gomer Pyle

Just looked at the D3 Top 25 and no LC.
   They don`t even show up on the "others receiving votes" section . Why is that?
  Just checked the IBFC site. LC is the most penalized team in the conference. Lack of discipline? Coaching? Over zealous play?  What ever the reason, if not corrected, will cost them dearly against The Auggie Boys. You can`t play a better(maybe) team and give anything away.
  I see the Auggie posters are here, kind of like last year when the Wooster-etts invaded the forum.
   Like the Wooster-etts there`re  spouting the
  "company" line about we`re better, blab,blab.
   If they do win, maybe they were better. If they lose, Katty bar the door! Time will tell.
   Waiting for Maddogs.........All Maddog team.
    I have no doubt in my mind that he(Maddog)
    has done his home-work in who he selects.
    That being said i`ve seen some names mentioned who,IMO, have not performed as expected so i hope expectations don`t over shadow performance. Time will tell. 

football_is_great

There is a reason why UWW is ranked 2nd in the nation, and its not because Augie has a better attack then them. They could throw the ball pretty affective, but running was a challenge. I think this game is gonna be closer than most people think.

Soulsenda

LC vs.  Augie predictions....

LC wins 21-14
*This win is based on only the presumption that LC has Ditka playing for them.  Ditka single handedly scores 21 pts on offense.  Decides not to be on Kickoff team and Augie returns two to the house with no Ditka on the field.  Now with out Ditka it might be a little closer like this...

Augie 102  LC -11

Mugsy

Quote from: augiedogie on November 15, 2005, 07:47:59 AM

Any offense can be stoped on any given Saturday, but Augie was well over 300+ yards a game on the ground.  They got stopped 1 time this year against Carthage who was a top 3 defense nationally this season. I havn't seen Lakeland play, but I don't think their defense is comparable to a Carthage or Wheaton team that has held Augie in check. As one poster said earlier that they think Augie's rushing attack is even better than UWW, and I'm not saying the score will be exactly like that, but I think Augie will be putting up some big numbers on Lakeland this weekend.

Although the score doesn't indicate it, I'd say Wheaton did a fairly decent job stopping Augie.  The final score was 28-7, but one TD was on a blocked punt returned for a TD and another TD was setup by a 70+ interception return to Wheaton's 7 yard line.  Minus those 2 huge plays... it is a 14-7 game.  Augie had 202 yards total offense... well below their 350+ yards rushing.  Take away (I know you can't do that...) Augie's first drive of 83 yards, and they only had 120 yards for the remainder of the game.  Now... I'm not sure Lakeland will have that level of success against Augie, but I'm just pointing out Wheaton did a good job slowing down the Augie rushing juggernaut, along with Carthage.

I mean this as no disrespect to Lakeland, but I see Augie winning this be 2 TD's.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

baseman201

GOMER!!!!

For the last time do you know why Lakeland isn't on the top 25 board??? Let me spell it out for you.......b-e-c-a-u-s-e  t-h-e-y  a-r-e-n-t  a  t-o-p  25  t-e-a-m.

I hope that got the point across.  And hey, if Augustana wants to invade this board, more power to them.  They can back up their words with their 9-1 record in one of the top conferences in D-III football.

And yes, they are the post penalized team in the conference, I don't think it has anything to do with coaching, but possibly discipline, maybe they think they are so good they can do stuff like that.  We all saw what happens when someone plays cheap against a powerhouse, they get beat 73-12.  If lakeland wants to play cheap against Augustana..........ouch

Soulsenda -

That Ditka thing was freaking hilarious, you should be a comedian.

CardinalAlum

Quote from: baseman201 on November 15, 2005, 12:19:26 PM
GOMER!!!!

For the last time do you know why Lakeland isn't on the top 25 board??? Let me spell it out for you.......b-e-c-a-u-s-e  t-h-e-y  a-r-e-n-t  a  t-o-p  25  t-e-a-m.

I hope that got the point across.  And hey, if Augustana wants to invade this board, more power to them.  They can back up their words with their 9-1 record in one of the top conferences in D-III football.    

Baseman,

I applaud you for your brutal honesty!!  For the IBC teams that feel that they get no respect, it's going to take you winning a playoff game to earn some of that.  I'm sure there are quite a few teams that didn't get in that feel that they are better than the IBC representative.  Bottom line is that Lakeland is in and if they can somehow pull off a monumental upset, that will give you some credibility.  With that being said, Augie wins this one by 20!
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

maddog8

Pat I posted the ALL MADDOG TEAM and it told me after 2 hours of typing that the sesson expired.  I lost everything could you retreive it and post it or do I have to do it all over again. Please let me know soon thanks.

Soul Sister Senda what is your point of me being Lakeland's QB dad, if you just learned this then your a day late and dollar short. Again what is your point??

As for Sat game well lets just say the Augies have a few surprises coming to town. Lakeland will be in this game til the end and in the end the best team will prevail. That being said I pick?

As for Kratz making the 3rd team and not playing well lets just say that in the begining I said stats were not everything when making the team. Besides he is from MICHIGAN, and that alone is deserving for me. Besides his school preview for the begining of the season had him listed as a starter.

Pat let me know if you can retrieve it otherwise I will post it tonight in two sessons.

Gomer Pyle

baseman201:  Thank you for your overzealous
  response.   

baseman201