FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formerd3db

Quote from: HOPEful on November 13, 2023, 08:57:14 AM
- I like the Alma v DePauw matchup. I do wish that game wasn't immediately followed by Mount, but geography wins most of the time, so I get it.

- I was tempted to drop DePauw in my personal rankings for yet another OT game. However, I gave the benefit of the doubt being a rivalry. If Alma crushes them, I will most likely be dropping them a spot on my rankings.

- Shy of Alma or DePauw beating Mount, or MSJ beating Wheaton, I don't see my rankings changing much post playoffs.

I also like the match-up. I've seen Alma play three times this season and they are very good, very explosive and well coached. While, admittedly, I have not seen DePauw play, I believe they are very good; a 10-0 record supports that. However, I do not believe that Alma will crush DePAuw. Do I think they can beat DePauw? Yes, but I anticipate a close, tough game. I would be very surprised if either tean wins by a blow out.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

FCGrizzliesGrad

Week 11

Voters: Dr. Acula, FCGG, HOPEful, Kira & Jaxon's Dad, Li'l Giant, smedindy, and wally_wabash
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

HOPEful

we're about as close to unanimous as it gets! Fun ponderings...

If Alma beats DePauw, do they need to keep the following game closer than 49-14 to not get hopped by John Carroll?

If DePauw beats Alma, do they swap spots on the list with Alma and also need to keep the following game closer than 49-14 to not get re-hopped by John Carroll?

Does any result other than a win help/hurt MSJ? Do they hop Hope with a close loss to Wheaton, despite losing to them head-to-head? Do they fall below Marietta if they get crushed?
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: HOPEful on November 16, 2023, 08:06:59 AM
we're about as close to unanimous as it gets! Fun ponderings...

If Alma beats DePauw, do they need to keep the following game closer than 49-14 to not get hopped by John Carroll?

If DePauw beats Alma, do they swap spots on the list with Alma and also need to keep the following game closer than 49-14 to not get re-hopped by John Carroll?

Does any result other than a win help/hurt MSJ? Do they hop Hope with a close loss to Wheaton, despite losing to them head-to-head? Do they fall below Marietta if they get crushed?

If Alma beats DePauw and then get's blown out by MTU, I would move JCU up over Alma.
If DePauw beats Alma (Depending on Round 2) I would move JCU to 2nd, DePauw to 3rd and Alma to 4th.
If MSJ wins, they stay the same.  If they lose, I probably move Marietta up one slot.  Hope beat MSJ head to head, so I would probably keep them above MSJ.  But would have to look at all the playoff results to make a final decision.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

HOPEful

we getting a final standings this season?
Let's go Dutchmen!

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: HOPEful on December 19, 2023, 12:56:33 PM
We'll see how many ballots come in. Gotten a couple so far. I'll send a reminder later tonight.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

HOPEful

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on December 19, 2023, 04:58:40 PM
Quote from: HOPEful on December 19, 2023, 12:56:33 PM
We'll see how many ballots come in. Gotten a couple so far. I'll send a reminder later tonight.

It's not often (or ever) that I team other than Mount Union is seated at 1. I kinda want to see it, officially lol.
Let's go Dutchmen!

wally_wabash

Mine is in!  Sorry for being a bit late.  I tend to unplug for a few days after the Stagg Bowl.   :)

Also, definitely going to rewatch the Stagg Bowl probably tonight. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Li'l Giant

I turned mine in as well. I appreciate the patience. Thanks again for having me this year. It was a fun season and I look forward to next year.

"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

Dr. Acula

I just sent mine.  Sorry for the delay.  I thought about moving the middle around all kinds of ways then ended up back where I started I think.