BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

After rain delays at both locations, #1 seed HPU was eliminated from their bracket.

LaCollege is in the consolation bracket and plays the LeTU UTD loser.

SRSU has been eliminated in the CTX bracket.

HSU is in the consolation bracket and plays the ETBU CTX loser.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 04, 2019, 09:43:41 AM
After rain delays at both locations, #1 seed HPU was eliminated from their bracket.

LaCollege is in the consolation bracket and plays the LeTU UTD loser.

SRSU has been eliminated in the CTX bracket.

HSU is in the consolation bracket and plays the ETBU CTX loser.
The final are setting up.

In San Angelo, LaCollege scores one in the bottom of the 9th to win 13-12 over UTD. The Comets committed 6 errors and gave 6 unearned runs. LaC plays undefeated LeTourneau.

At Concordia-TX, undefeated CTX plays ETBU.

Ralph Turner

In Game 2 of the Championship Series, LeTU ties it up 1-1 in the bottom of the 9th.

CTX scores 4 in the top of the 10th to win 5-1 and earn the Pool A bid

Ron Boerger

And bubble teams everywhere are thankful that another spot wasn't taken away from them.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger on May 10, 2019, 08:22:38 PM
And bubble teams everywhere are thankful that another spot wasn't taken away from them.
Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 08, 2019, 03:06:19 PM
New Regional Rankings are out...

1. Chapman
2. Trinity
3. Texas Lutheran
4. La Verne
5. Occidental
6. Concordia (TX)
7. Cal Lutheran

I wonder if CTX's 2 more wins leapfrog CTX over LaVerne or Oxy teams with 2 more tourney losses.
Are the standings in the West Region that close between #4 and #6?

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 10, 2019, 08:42:13 PM

1. Chapman
2. Trinity
3. Texas Lutheran
4. La Verne
5. Occidental
6. Concordia (TX)
7. Cal Lutheran

I wonder if CTX's 2 more wins leapfrog CTX over LaVerne or Oxy teams with 2 more tourney losses.

I don't think so as La Verne is now 7-5 against RRO and CTX stays at 2-3. Doesn't seem to be any reason for CTX to jump them.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 10, 2019, 09:38:37 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 10, 2019, 08:42:13 PM

1. Chapman
2. Trinity
3. Texas Lutheran
4. La Verne
5. Occidental
6. Concordia (TX)
7. Cal Lutheran

I don't think so as La Verne is now 7-5 against RRO and CTX stays at 2-3. Doesn't seem to be any reason for CTX to jump them.

With the pool A bid in hand, CTX position is a non issue and has no impact on the SCIAC selections.

Jack Parkman

https://www.d3baseball.com/notables/2019/06/stawski-moves-umhb

This seems like an absolutely fantastic hire for UMHB but I am curious what would make Stawski leave Concordia?  Maybe it's the warmer weather, although many of those early Spring games in TX are pretty rough.  I am very interested to see how this pans out.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Jack Parkman on June 10, 2019, 05:29:40 PM

This seems like an absolutely fantastic hire for UMHB but I am curious what would make Stawski leave Concordia?  Maybe it's the warmer weather, although many of those early Spring games in TX are pretty rough.  I am very interested to see how this pans out.
A stronger commitment to his sport from an athletic program that has set sights on national championships in all sports that it sponsors.

UMHB just got serious about baseball.

dp643

As a Cru alumni, I can unequivocally say I am fired up for this hiring. Coach Mann appears to have hit a home run here. I am excited to see where he can take the program, and I believe the ASC just got that much tougher.  Welcome Coach Stawski!

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 10, 2019, 08:14:57 PM

A stronger commitment to his sport from an athletic program that has set sights on national championships in all sports that it sponsors.

Yeah, I may have to take back the comment in the MIAC thread about UMHB not trying to pull a St. Thomas on the ASC.

Purple Heys

What Ralph said...Watch out for the Cru in baseball now.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Jack Parkman

Absolutely.  I think his recruiting success will carry over and the facilities at UMHB are fantastic.  I have been to a few football game there and the support they receive is something for many to be jealous of.  The West is "adding" another quality team.

Ralph Turner

Whoa! Headline! Man Bites Dog!
McMurry 3 #5 UTD 0!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 26, 2022, 12:58:07 AM
Whoa! Headline! Man Bites Dog!
McMurry 3 #5 UTD 0!
McMurry swept UTDallas, 12-10 and 9-8!