MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointlem

Quote from: HOPEful on April 16, 2019, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: Dutchman17 on April 15, 2019, 03:37:11 PM
Quote from: DrDutchman on April 15, 2019, 03:11:09 PM
Clayton, Riley, Dietz, Preston, Gamm is my guess on the starting lineup for the first game...
There could still be a few additions to the team that will definitely change that
Hate waiting for this news to finally drop... I do not think Clayton will start the first game.  For now, pending this news, I would guess the first game lineup is Lewis, Hackert, Dietz, Granger, and Gamm, depending on matchups and how confident the coaches are that this lineup can defend.

Ooooo, new fantasy league? Predict Hope's first game roster? I'll play!

To keep things different, I'll go Lewis, Dietz, Thomas, Granger, Gamm.
I second your motion, Hopeful . . . albeit w/o any idea how players will develop between seasons or what the coaches discern about team chemistry, etc.

Dutchman17

Quote from: HoopsCoach on April 16, 2019, 10:43:09 AM
I'll play - I'm going D. I know, atypical for Hope but we can dream, right?

Beckman
Lewis
Honer
Granger
Gamm

Bench will roll deep this year with Dietz, Davis, George, Thomas, Dykhouse, Hackert, Zandstra, Vree all getting appreciable minutes, and a "hot" guard approach to manage the 6-7 who are bottlenecked there.

I like it

DrDutchman

Quote from: Dutchman17 on April 16, 2019, 12:27:31 PM

Beckman
Lewis
Honer
Granger
Gamm

Bench will roll deep this year with Dietz, Davis, George, Thomas, Dykhouse, Hackert, Zandstra, Vree all getting appreciable minutes, and a "hot" guard approach to manage the 6-7 who are bottlenecked there.

I like it
If you enjoy 15 loss seasons you can go with that lineup

HupHolland

I know the staff is very high on Clayton. I wouldn't be shocked if he started the majority of the season. I maybe wouldn't expect him to start right away, but definitely by league play.

HOPEful

I'll take Winston, Barnes, Davis, Armstrong, and Ebeling in the Albion league before someone beats me to it! :)
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

HoopsCoach

Quote from: DrDutchman on April 16, 2019, 01:27:37 PM

Beckman
Lewis
Honer
Granger
Gamm

I like it

Harsh. Maybe I'm old school but give me a team who can stop people first. Lewis and Granger are established scorers. Beckman showed he can score last season, Gamm is a double-double guy if he stays healthy. Only Honer may not score as much in this five but then you go to a bench of scorers. This roster won't just outscore anyone, so hang a hat on D. It sure worked for three of the D1 FF teams...

If you think a freshman will step in and score double digits every game I've got some land to sell you... where else are you going with your five then, Dr Dutchman??

KnightSlappy

Quote from: HoopsCoach on April 16, 2019, 03:25:27 PM
Gamm is a double-double guy if he stays healthy.

I'm going to have to ask for clarification. Are you saying he might be capable of recording a double-double next year or that he'll produce that as a season average?

Goknights2017

I will take Shymanski, DeWitt, DeVries, Bos, and Meulenberg in the Calvin league.

Also would be surprised if Gamm averages a double double especially with Granger in the lineup.

HOPEful

Quote from: HupHolland on April 16, 2019, 03:02:15 PM
I know the staff is very high on Clayton. I wouldn't be shocked if he started the majority of the season. I maybe wouldn't expect him to start right away, but definitely by league play.
I think Clayton compares similarly to Jason Beckman at Alma. His freshman year he started just one game, but he was third on the team in points per game (behind Nikodemski and his older brother). Hope struggled with ball distribution on offense A LOT last year. If Clayton can come in and run the PG position more effectively than anyone else on the team, I don't know if he'll start, but he should get plenty of minutes.

I love that Hope is getting taller. 2020-2021 Hypothetical Starting Lineup...

Dykhouse - 5'11"
Dietz - 6'3"
Thomas - 6'4"
Granger - 6'6"
Gamm - 6'7"
Let's go Dutchmen!

sac

I'd like to see Hope improve their respective turnover ratios  (ie turn it over less, turn over the other team more), improve both ends of the floor in rebounding, and most of all find a way to be a better defensive basketball team.

I'm not partial to who does it.

HOPEful

Quote from: Goknights2017 on April 16, 2019, 03:59:57 PM
I will take Shymanski, DeWitt, DeVries, Bos, and Meulenberg in the Calvin league.

Also would be surprised if Gamm averages a double double especially with Granger in the lineup.

I'm a little surprised none of those 5 has transferred yet.
Let's go Dutchmen!

HoopsCoach

Quote from: KnightSlappy on April 16, 2019, 03:52:05 PM
Quote from: HoopsCoach on April 16, 2019, 03:25:27 PM
Gamm is a double-double guy if he stays healthy.

I'm going to have to ask for clarification. Are you saying he might be capable of recording a double-double next year or that he'll produce that as a season average?

I'm saying he's capable. More likely he replaces the 8.5 and 6.5 that Towns did last year. And if you don't think Gamm and Granger can both produce at that rate, well, I disagree. There is no reason the two have to cancel each other out and I'd argue Hope will be hard to beat if the opposite is true and I believe it can be true. I'd predict both work on a stretch game this summer meaning interchangeability as post and four and only Kzoo and Albion would have a similar front line build with what Calvin and Trine lose, not to mention Olivet.

HoopsCoach

Quote from: sac on April 16, 2019, 04:07:11 PM
I'd like to see Hope improve their respective turnover ratios  (ie turn it over less, turn over the other team more), improve both ends of the floor in rebounding, and most of all find a way to be a better defensive basketball team.

I'm not partial to who does it.

Critical, IMO, to the kind of success Hope seeks, sac.

HopeKnight

Quote from: DrDutchman on April 16, 2019, 01:27:37 PM

Beckman
Lewis
Honer
Granger
Gamm

I like it

That lineup would not win 7 games - only proven players are Lewis & Granger. I'm not convinced that lineup could stop anyone on defense either.

Gamm has to stay healthy and work on his conditioning, Little Danny scored 18 in one game and at 5'9'' struggled on both ends of the floor all year & Honer plays hard but plays scared on offense and is a foul machine on defense. Have to see much more on any of these three.

Competition will be wide open with opportunities for everyone. Lineup & rotation likely to change many times before league play.

HupHolland

Hope recruiting just got a little better today...