FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Doolittle and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

olddog

Noticed, Chapman only playing 9 games next year. I am sure the other SCIAC schools like to point that out to recruits.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

10Freeway

The Chapman staff doesn't like to work hard.  Game planning a 10 game is too much work.
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

olddog

Quote from: 10Freeway on March 18, 2019, 03:22:21 PM
The Chapman staff doesn't like to work hard.  Game planning a 10 game is too much work.

I doubt that is the issue, I know a few guys on the staff.

However congrats to Chapman for being the only SCIAC school named so far in the "College Enrollment Scandal"

Gray Fox

Quote from: olddog on March 19, 2019, 12:12:05 PM
Quote from: 10Freeway on March 18, 2019, 03:22:21 PM

I doubt that is the issue, I know a few guys on the staff.

However congrats to Chapman for being the only SCIAC school named so far in the "College Enrollment Scandal"
Because they are "Elite"
Fierce When Roused

OxyBob

I am 100% certain that no one was bribed to get anybody admitted into Redlands.

OxyBob

Gray Fox

Quote from: OxyBob on March 19, 2019, 03:31:09 PM

OxyBob

What about the son of "dawgs go deep".  Or was that for cheerleader?
Fierce When Roused

olddog

Quote from: OxyBob on March 19, 2019, 03:31:09 PM

OxyBob

I agree Bob given our current President, however by the looks of Oxy Football Roster and Record, joining the football team was the " front, back and side door" conduit to get into Oxy the past years. Your ole coach did retire to a tropical island ?

OCguy

Chapman still can't figure it out for some reason but i don't blame the coaching staff. It is likely a cost issue because booking flights, hotel rooms and transportation for a whole team is an expensive endeavor. At least Chapman can tell recruits they get their locker room year round and don't have to share a weight room with the general population.

olddog

Quote from: OCguy on March 20, 2019, 02:57:30 PM
Chapman still can't figure it out for some reason but i don't blame the coaching staff. It is likely a cost issue because booking flights, hotel rooms and transportation for a whole team is an expensive endeavor. At least Chapman can tell recruits they get their locker room year round and don't have to share a weight room with the general population.

I doubt it is an economic issue...the way they over pay for every site near the campus.

10Freeway

OCguy brings up a good point, how does Chapman not win year in and out with those facilities?
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

MonroviaCat

Quote from: 10Freeway on March 21, 2019, 04:51:57 PM
OCguy brings up a good point, how does Chapman not win year in and out with those facilities?
How does a team like Claremont win (ever) with those facilities?
Go Cats!

Gray Fox

Quote from: MonroviaCat on March 21, 2019, 09:55:03 PM
[/quote
Their facilities are in the classroom.
Fierce When Roused

olddog

Quote from: Gray Fox on March 22, 2019, 01:11:45 AM
Quote from: MonroviaCat on March 21, 2019, 09:55:03 PM
[/quote
Their facilities are in the classroom.

How long have you guys been involved in D3 football and SCIAC? Over half the SCIAC schools are very difficult to get into...On par with UC system or more.
Throw in how tough it is for a middle class white male to get significant aid since they have variable enrollment standards. The pool of quality players that qualify or can afford to play is limited, facilities are not a major reason for anyone's decision to go play at a SCIAC school. Facilities would be fourth or fifth reason a player goes to any SCIAC school. It is always a balance between a good school and not graduating in major debt. My thoughts are not original  just passing along comments made by many coaches at different schools I have known over the years.

OCguy

Completely agree with the above comments. Facilities are accretive to getting students interested but the factors like; Cost, academics, location among other things all limit who can actually attend. Unless Chapman figures out a way to offer more financial aid or lower the academic standard they will continue to have up and down years like any D3 team in SoCal despite sparkling facilities.