BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Post-season games always come down to pitching... regardless of how good the hitters are.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

bigballer

you know for weeks i have  been watching the stats and reading the post....and  now finally i  have actually logged in to say something.  i think that the ASC this year is going to be a good one to watch.  but  i have to say you can look at stats all day  long and that is only going to  get you so far,  people still play  the game and anything can happer  with that said looking at the Play by Play i think that Jonathan Russel has been over thrown...he has almost  double the amount of innings then the rest of the staff and im afraid that his arm isnt goin to hold up to many more 90+ pitch games....McM hit him around alittle bit in the first game and it seems to be alittle shacky....i just want to say about MC hitting.....they are like my grandma....slow...Mr NCBWA player of the year  hasnt been doing much where have the HR been jake?   this weekend is gonna take  consistant run support to grab the title

BigPoppa

Quote from: bigballer on May 02, 2006, 05:24:09 PM
...Mr NCBWA player of the year  hasnt been doing much where have the HR been jake?   

I am quite certain that he has outplayed you this season, bigballer. I guess that I am just not comfortable with people calling out a player on this board. Coaches... fine, ADs... fine, but not the players.

On a side note, it never hurts to mix in a little punctuation/grammar when posting.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

baseball3

Well, with the sudden release of the All Conference Teams, this week is sure to be a good one with fridays game being a pitchers dule with the East top pitcher in Russell and the West top pitcher in Rucker. The Choctaws bats are hot and thats why they have the advantage. On the other side... I feel UTD is goin to give Newman or Besa a tough time. The comets are a hot team right now and their out to prove something.

baseball3

Bell (Pearl, Miss.) was selected as the ASC East Division Player of the Year. The Mississippi College senior outfielder was also an All-East Division First Team selection and helped the Choctaws to the ASC East Division title.  :) Mississippi College junior right-hander Jonathan Russell (Meridian, Miss.) who was selected as both the Pitcher of the Year and the Newcomer of the Year. Six Firt team all conference players are ready for hardon simmons and a trip to Cali.

Pat Coleman

I usually delete posts from people who register, post, then delete themselves from the system, FYI...
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

baddog

OK, let's see. baseball3 observed that HSU (by the way, baseball3, that is "Hardin-Simmons", not "hardon simmons") in sweeping LC and outscoring LC 16-10 in the series. I guess that would make HSU's outing against the mighty bats of MC a 9-1 cliffhanger. And his "sure" pitchers' "dule" did not quite turn out that way. MC got 4 hits against HSU's Rucker in 9 innings. HSU had 8 hits in 4 innings against MC's Russell. No question (seriously) -- Russell is a good pitcher. It was just a bad day to have a bad day.
Congratulations to the Cowboys, but everyone needs to remember that it is double-elimination and anything can still happen. The winner can still come from the losers' bracket.
Don't let up, but keep playing tough, Cowboys!
Not really a bad dog. Just misunderstood!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: baddog on May 05, 2006, 07:19:59 PM
OK, let's see. baseball3 observed that HSU (by the way, baseball3, that is "Hardin-Simmons", not "hardon simmons" ...

altho' Hardened Sinners is an acceptable pronunciation on the South Side of town.  :D :D :D

Travel safely, friends!

Ralph Turner

Hardened Sinners' pitching shut down the vaunted Mississippi College bats in a 9-1 victory in Seguin today in Game #5.

TLU defeated UT-D 12-7 in the other first round match, Game #6.

MC and UT-D face off in the consolation round in Game #7.  Loser goes home, and the winner faces the loser of Game #8 between the Cowboys and the Bulldogs.  Loser of Game #8 faces the Winner of Game #7 in the nightcap Game #9 tomorrow evening.

ASC Tourney,  with game stories and box scores!

baddog

Any score from the UTD-MC game?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: baddog on May 06, 2006, 05:20:55 PM
Any score from the UTD-MC game?
Nothing yet from my end.

They had a 3pm start and I do not find "Livestats" on the TLU site. :-\

baddog

Still nothing from Seguin. Neither MC's nor UTD's web sites had anything.
Whazzzup?  ???

Ralph Turner

Quote from: baddog on May 06, 2006, 07:50:29 PM
Still nothing from Seguin. Neither MC's nor UTD's web sites had anything.
Whazzzup?  ???

UT-D 10, Choctaws 4

Chocs are eliminated in 2 games, which probably knocks them out of the Regional Rankings and from any Pool C consideration.

The UT-Dallas starter, Randy Black held the Chocs to no runs and 2 hits in 7 innings.  I assume that he was pulled after 7 innings to save his arm for Monday, if needed.

The vaunted Chocs offense chose a very, very bad time to go quiet! :-\

baddog

RT -- Maybe that is what baseball3 meant about MC's sweeping through the ASC tournament. They swept 2 losses and are out. :'(
Whatever, good luck to all today.
Go, Cowboys!

baddog

Cowboys lose 2 today and, so, are eliminated. :'(
I guess it was not any big deal beating the "big bats" of MC!  :D