BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackcat00

Fungo dad , looks like you need to worry about UTT and how they need to get back on track after their weekend guy.

fungoman

Since when does a team need to get back on track after winning 2 out of 3? Looks as if Concordia does nothing unless Tommy hits a homer, which he has lost the ASC lead to Derek David. I know that is all you guys had, and its gone now.

By the way, we smoked you 2 out of three as well...

HAMBONE is in hiding it looks like, hopefully you guys play Sul Ross this weekend so you can get back on track.

Blackcat00

Smoked Concordia, hmm I was at that series and im not sure it was smoke, but you being the dad you probably know more about baseball than me, so ill just be quit. As far as being on track, with your talk I thought UTT was not going to lose a game the whole year. As far as CTX,  yeah they lost 2 of 3 and we didnt go to the series so its hard to go about what happend, and i dotn base a series off boxscores coach.

fungoman

I would call it getting smoked when you need 6 runs in the last 3 innings of a game to avoid being swept. Somone should tell your SID to post a news story, and perhaps boxscores even when you guys lose. Just checked out your schedule page, and you guys are still living in denial from this past weekend I guess.

Where you at HAMBONE?

Blackcat00

Wow do you really watch baseball, what is your "hard on" for Concordia. Is it the fact  you cant get over our run in the past, that we talk about to get you riled up. Not sure but you seem very inteligent, and we did stop talking about that. If im not mistaken that series was 2 our 3 to your highly touted UTTyler Longhorns, and I was there. CTX took the first game, the second game was close until the last inning , and the third went wide open in the 4th or 5th. And after hearing how UTT was so AWESOME, after the series I really cant say they were everything built up to be.

CUAfan

Quote from: Blackcat00 on April 01, 2008, 11:40:15 AM
UTTyler Longhorns

Blackcat, it's the Patriots. And say what you will, but UTT has been better this year than CTX.

I still don't get the purpose of all this back-and-forth smack talk. All it does is get people riled up and it doesn't do anything really useful to the board.
Let's go 'Nados!

Blackcat00

Oh CUA Fan I didnt know your were the moderator. Keep doing your formulas and figure out whos going to win this weekend. And we are talking baseball so I have no clue what your talking about, and it is a good time to get riled up on here, if thats not you join a war craft message board.

CUAfan

Here's the new set of statistical Top 5's after last week's games. One new thing I did for the team stats is that I calculated the percentage of a team's plate appearances that ended in one of the "three true outcomes" (homer, walk, strikeout). Everything else is the same as before.

Team DICE
Texas-Tyler - 3.25
Louisiana College - 3.45
Ozarks - 3.52
Mississippi College - 4.16
McMurry - 4.37

Team BaseRun Average
Texas-Tyler - 3.81
Ozarks - 4.19
Mississippi College - 5.11
Texas-Dallas - 5.12
Louisiana College - 5.30

Team Defense
Texas-Tyler - .689
Texas-Dallas - .682
Mary Hardin-Baylor - .680
Ozarks - .674
Mississippi College - .669

Team BsR/PA
Mary Hardin-Baylor - .216
Texas-Tyler - .215
McMurry - .212
Ozarks - .208
Concordia-Texas - .205

Team Speed
Mary Hardin-Baylor - 8.92
Mississippi College - 8.42
Texas-Tyler - 8.41
Ozarks - 7.91
Schreiner - 7.78

Three True Outcome %
Schreiner - 27.1%
Sul Ross State - 25.6%
East Texas Baptist - 24.6%
Concordia-Texas - 23.6%
Texas-Dallas - 22.3%
Let's go 'Nados!

TexasBB

UTT has shown some chinks in the armor.  Cambell was not good two weeks in a row and especially this past weekend. Still I thought Vilade was a bit quick with the hook  as they really do not have a long releif guy they can count on. Overall their bullpen is very average. They have on more than one occassion blown late leads. I personally would have stuck with Cambell and see if he could have worked  his way though it.  This team also does not have the power that past UTT teams have shown.

Bottom line is they are good but not nearly the team of a year ago and right now I am not so sure they have the pitching depth to go very far in the conference tournament. Just my opinion.

HAMBONE

I am still around.  no i havent been posting, sorry my laptop is down for the count and this particular model didnt comne with a "drivers" or reboot disk to fix the problem, apparently the resources are hidden in the startup bios somewhere and i cant figure it out.....anyway, until i get it fixed i will not be on here daily.

CTX lost 2 of 3 yes, but that actually didnt surprise me.  I am well aware they are struggling on the bump and will do nothing but support their cause, but they really didnt give me any thing to brag about....if Tom had hit 3 bombs i could atleast say something, but he was 0 for the series so its safe to say that with out pitching if he doesnt swing it their chances diminish quickly.  I will say something to defend his cause.....he was (ans is still at the top in all 4) leading the conference in Hr's, Slugging percentage, Strikeouts, and walks (regular and intentional)....that tells me when he gets a pitch a hit he hits it hard and well, when nooone is pitching to him he gets impatient and and swings at stuff out of the zone which is a cause for the strikeouts and the fact that he swings harder than most people and when you swing big you miss big......only he can figure this out for himself and when he decides to mature as a hitter and not necessarily become selective but develop an approach at the plate that allows him not to miss his pitch....he will have these ups and downs when teams decide to not pitch for him...

im excited to see a 7 team race in the west...some hearts are gonna get broken in the next few weeks, but i am a living, breathing, example that life goes on after baseball...  

ill post later tonight after i have some time to do some research from all of last weekends games....i am not hiding, just dont have a computer at my side like ususal.

HAMBONE

Blackcat00 tone down it notch tough guy....noone lost the pennant last weekend....as much as we would all like a loss to hurt the UTT ballclub, they have already qualified for the tourney....so in my mind a loss actually help them right now as it allows them to fix any weaknesses before they move on....you need to be a little more concerned about the race in the west....if our beloved tornadoes cant win on the road they willnot survive IF they make it to the post season.....anyone can win at home, but the good teams feel right at home everytime they take the field.....

only TLU has the class to feel so at home that if they beat you they celebrate on your field like they have never won before....they actually serve refreshments at the the parties they have at home plate when someone actually hits a homerun; its brutal.

hambone out

Blackcat00

Hambone good to see  you back, nice analysis on the weekend series. Are you sure your pops isnt Peter Gammons. YOu know me im just messing with these guys on here in all fun and games. I will be at the Friday night game against McMurry and hopefully it will be a close watchable game because it could go either way.

wetsu

Quote from: pitchinmom on May 10, 2007, 08:36:36 PM
Quote from: Warren Thompson on May 10, 2007, 05:14:35 PM
Quote from: Blackcat00 on May 10, 2007, 12:31:25 PM
Also what I noticed that is unbeleivable is how Coach Mike Gardner from Concordia hsnt received coach of the year at all. That be saying hes the only coach from the ASC conference to reach the Div3 World Series. Makes you think is there some bias because they love Mueller at TLU and they are the Buffolo Bills of the ASC when it comes to the REgionals.

Wow! You put your finger right on it. The anti-Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod conspiracy amongst the ASC coaches rears its ugly head ... again.  :o
I don't know how the Coach of the Year is selected, but Gardner is definitely more than that in my books!  He's not only a remarkable coach who is highly respected by his players, he's an all around great man.  I have seen my son mature greatly over the last couple of years and as much as I would like to take the credit, I know that Garnder has had more to do with it than anyone.  I couldn't have asked for my son to have been in any better hands. 
I'm sorry.  I respect your opinion and am happy for you and your son.  I totally disagree.  Gardner has totally destroyed my son's confidence and desire as well.  I feel like he had a grudge against my son because he stated that he was angry that he didn't commit to him earlier (he was waiting on a DII school to offer him a scholarship).  From the day he enrolled Gardner put him in no win situations to let him know how offended he was that he might pick a DII school over his "heavenly blessed"  DIII non scholarship, tuition out the wazzoo school.  Needless to say, I am not happy with how he treated this 18 year old kid.  If I could do anything detrimental to him, I would.  He has hurt my son. So, I disagree, and I think he is a worthless piece of excrement!  But still, I know that it seems to work both ways, but I just wanted the other way to be stated.  He is not God's gift to baseball.  Besides his players were talented enough to make it to the Series that year anyway had you or I been coaching them.

Blackcat00

Westu you need to leave your personal thoughts and opinions about coaches to  yourself. Noone cares!Their are always bad apples on every team with negative parents, and im sorry you have a grudge for a very respectible coach in the ASC. You need have a reality check my friend.

Blackcat00

Maybe he should have went with Lacrosse.