Hoopsville: Division III Basketball's Talk Show

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, January 07, 2011, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We have started a new thread for a new season of Hoopsville. I have honestly lost count on what season this is... 9th or 10th... but we are back all the same.

Sunday, January 9th will be the season debut for the '10-'11 season and we already have a full line-up. We will be talking to coaches from Whitworth, Plattsburgh St., Virginia Wesleyan, and Amherst (women), along with regional reports from the Midwest, West, and East. Pat Coleman and I will also discuss the season so far and our trip to the D3hoops.com Classic in Las Vegas!

So tune in on Sunday from 7 - 9 PM EST. And don't forget to tune in the rest of the season on Thursday and Sunday nights from 7-9 PM EST.

You can also head to our official website at www.d3hoopsville.com for more information, watch and interact with the show live, or catch the archives of previous shows. You can also check out the Hoopsville Fan Page on Facebook or on Twitter (@d3hoopsville).

And we will see you SUNDAY!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

sac

Is anyone going to be at the Wabash/Wooster game?

Pat Coleman

None of us personally. My hope is to watch online. Too big to completely miss.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Mr. Ypsi

I'm wondering if this is the latest ever for TWO games the same day between unbeaten teams (Woo/Wabash and Amherst/Williams - THREE if you count the Amherst/Williams women's game).  Anyone know?

Pat Coleman

And it was even four with NYU-Brandeis. No real records on that but it seems unusual, especially to have three on the men's side. Women's unbeatens tend to last a little longer.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

TheNextLevel

-----------
The 5-15-5 theory has some merit...but as others have said - it depends on who you are playing on the bad nights.  Strength of schedule can throw that theory out the window. 

I feel it makes more sense to look at the teams actual schedule and break it down into 3 categories. 

1) Games that should be wins
2) Games that may be loses 
3) Games that could go either way

The #'s in each category will vary based on the strength of your team and the strength of your schedule.

A good, well coached team should:
-Lose no more than one game from column #1,
-Win 50 % from column #2
-Win 75% from column #3.

If this happens you have had a successful season
--------------------

TheNextLevel

Sorry...posted this on the wrong thread...But maybe it could start a new discussion.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Did you miss Sunday's show??? If you did, the archive can be found here.

And remember, tune in on Sundays and Thursdays throughout the season from 7 - 9 PM EST. And if you have ideas, questions, suggestions, thoughts, whatever... let us know via this thread or email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com). Follow us on Twitter (@d3hoopsville) or our Facebook Fan Page. And there is always the trusty Ustream chat room and AOL IM (hoopsville2000) during the show.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tonight on Hoopsville: #20 Ramapo, #2 Thomas More, Scranton and our School of the Week is Green Mountain. We will also talk to Gordon and Jody about the Atlantic and Mid-Atlantic regions... and even take your questions.

Tonight... 7-9 PM EST... www.d3hoopsville.com or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville or www.ustream.tv/channel/hoopsville.

See you then!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I know... you wanted to listen to Hoopsville last night, but you got caught up in something you never expected you would have to deal with. I get it... trust me... so, that's why I am here to help you.

Last night's show was quickly archived and now available: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12139251

Enjoy!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

If you missed Sunday's show... check out the archive at: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12209385

Guests included, Rochester Luke Flockerzi, #4 St. Thomas Steve Fritz, Daniel Webster's Kristen Kunzman, and #17 Hanover's Jon Miller along with Bob Quillman's regional report and Pat Coleman.

And don't forget to join us Thursday night from 7-9 PM EST for another Hoopsville show!!!

Ralph Turner

:) :) :D ;D     A topic for Thursday night's show...

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 02, 2011, 03:19:11 PM
First Regional Rankings: http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2011/02/02/ncaas-mens-regional-rankings/

Some guy spamming the message boards about the release of the Regional Rankings...

:D  

Thanks

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

LOL - Pat apparently was trying to help drive my post number up higher... since I tend to do more reading then writing! :)

Reminder, by the way, to everyone... Hoopsville will be on from 2-4 PM EST on Super Sunday... as we always do, so not to interrupt the great commercials during some game.

GuyFormerlyPSBBG

Two USASouth Coaches in the same season, that has to be some kind of Hoopsville Record :)

Coach Hunter earlier in the year and now Coach Tuggle tonight

ronk

Dave,
  I heard u say that u were going to have a committee member on Hoopsville tomorrow; I think a lot of us would like u to have him take us through the process of the regional ranking that he just completed. What's their order in the primary criteria? won-loss, then sos, head-2-head, common opponents? And if he's from the Mid-Atlantic, what are the teams ranked 10-12?